Sign in to follow this  
El Rafa

The Recall Spell

There are probably 200 threads about this topic but im gonna make a new one anyway.

I seriously think the recall spell should fixed to no being able to use within 10 secs from taking dmg.

Why?

Because it is to easy to escape and avoid being killed, especially from warriors (I play a mage). It also adds a new need to be more cautious in pve. The fact that there is a bug that makes u able to cast when ur back is blocked is even worse...

I dont see any argument to as why this shouldnt be done. If you compare it to the logout action, there u have a timer, ask yourself why. To avoid ppl from logging out in battles i suppose, how is recall different?

A sidenote to this is that this would probably increase the use of poison weapons, increasing their value (francly we need more valuable items besides sharp and anc...)

Plz fix this problem

/Zoul

the only way to counter-fight hwarang as an ares (mim+ ie+ xr + blizz + mass crits ) :

1: invis pot ( how many can u bring in a bag seriously?! and with all the dtects going on ?!)

2: recall scrolls ( how many will actually bring a recall scroll out and u gota evade all damage for 10sec ?!)

3: safe zones ( if u'r not in town, where are u gona hide?!)

conclusion: recall :D (provided u'r not in elvine town)

ps: Im sorry to be pouring cold water down this thread. I would also take this chance to declare I have nothing against hwarang for these tactics! Im just being a sour grape because I die too many times to this tactic. And also, by sparing a thought for the goldies (if there are still any these days) , imagine them trying to escape from any enemies wacking them hard.. by the time they evade 10sec of damage, they probably wld have died or run out of reds. just my 2 cents worth. nothing against u Zoul, and nothing against hwarang. peace to all.

The topic is about recall. And how when ppl get the smallest hint of danger they hit the recall and instant safe. Recall is the best spell in the game when u think about it (should be a rare spell).It Saves more lives than mplate+mshield+amp+vis combined. And the worst part is u can be critting someone parad with 5-6 wars and ppl have delay that allows them to cast recall even thru all that. I dont think anyone has time to hunt down players who just cast 1 spell and instantly nuetralize your threat. Makes it a waste of time to hunt for an ek, especially when they are few and far between to start with.

I understand you frustration cor3a, lord knows how many times ares pull out ie sword when they see me (thats worse the xr for a mage imo)

However you are talking about ppl with xr, which is far from everybody. As foefoe said, this is about a spell that anyone has acces 2.

For me, someone that hunts eks solo 95% of the time, it is equally frustrating fighting ppl that can recall anytime, if u time it right, u can even recall during my blizz (if u cast it just after u get hit from blizz), or all it takes is 1 lag/delay that makes me miss blizz and poof, they are gone.

A "fix" to the "xr-problem" might be a general cooldown on the item insted of the player, making it useless to pass to someone else.

Back to the topic.

Yesterday for example:

I as chasing this warr (not naming anyone) around half ml. I landed what might be 15-20 blizz on his low ma set. The warr kept running for pfm (i got nps with that, everyone can use what they want against me) so I time etc... anyways, when the warr was out of pots he just recalled. nps at all. This can be done by anyone at any time.

I joined this server late and I was a goldie when ppl were 180 with mass items, I had nps escaping ares... all it takes is that u land 1 recall.

For example:

For a warr is easy as hell to run and crit the mage blizzing u (especially with long range sword crits), the mage backs up to get range, when he does, u cast recall.

Use bow crits to interupt cast, when mage moves, cast recal...

etc etc

There are many tactics to avoid dying 1 vs 1. Ofc when a groups with mim+xr+crits and whatnot attack you its whole other story.

/Zoul

What if there was a way to add the 10 sec recall timer ONLY on level 180s?

That way the Goldies would still be safe, yet the 180s would be forced to run safe/run for 10 sec without damage/use a scroll...

And personally, I'd say test it with 5 sec no damage and see if that works well.

I really like the 180 only idea (i still think it should be 10 secs thou :P) Considering it dont all that long to get 2 lvl 180 either.

It's true that goldies would be kinda sitting ducks with the 10 sec rule (depending on the goldie ofc)

And I dont think ppl would stay lvl 179 cus dk armor is essential for pvp :)

The topic is about recall. And how when ppl get the smallest hint of danger they hit the recall and instant safe. Recall is the best spell in the game when u think about it (should be a rare spell).It Saves more lives than mplate+mshield+amp+vis combined. And the worst part is u can be critting someone parad with 5-6 wars and ppl have delay that allows them to cast recall even thru all that. I dont think anyone has time to hunt down players who just cast 1 spell and instantly nuetralize your threat. Makes it a waste of time to hunt for an ek, especially when they are few and far between to start with.

agree with every word this guy said...

That way the Goldies would still be safe, yet the 180s would be forced to run safe/run for 10 sec without damage/use a scroll...

And personally, I'd say test it with 5 sec no damage and see if that works well.

looks nice

looks nice

And then the thread will be continue in the future stating "remove safe zone".

Many similar threads has been made regarding this and the answer was simple "This is a part of the game".

Kill them before they recall. But how to kill them? Take HwaRang as example, you mass crit. And if many enemy shown up after that? You run or die like a man, up to your decision.

Hit and run is a part of a strategy.

Also take consideration on this, 10secs recall will made easy to kill someone, and get easier ek I believe. And that will also increase the number of Full Hero players.

When there are a lot of Full Heroes, there will be more complaints and suggestion to reduce the amount of FH (I predict).

I believe recalling in 1vs1 PVP is not the server issue, it's the player's fault, as in the one that recalled.

Thanks

Edited by kennychl