Sign in to follow this  
Hunter[GM]

Chat Log Event

Nemesis Chat Log Event

Beginning April 23rd and running through May 1, the admins and GM team will be monitoring the chat logs

in game for insults, cursing and inappropriate language.

The player with the MOST chat infractions at the end of this week long period wins a 1 month ban from

game on their MAIN account.

This is 1 event you do not want to win.

The staff is concerned that the constant insulting, cursing in global and town chats, is a negative aspect of

the game that we can control. We are offfering this event to draw attention to the matter and encourage

all of you to keep the chats clean and insult-curse free.

scat asked me to add that "noob" will be considered a curse

Empezando el 23 de abril hasta el 1 de mayo, el administrador y el equipo de GMs monitorearan el registro de chats por insultos, maldiciones y el lenguaje inapropiado.

El jugador que m?s infracciones tenga en el chat durante la semana ganara 1 mes de suspensi?n en el juego en su cuenta principal.

Este es un evento que no quieres ganar.

El staff es conciente de los constantes insultos, maldiciones en el chat global y de ciudades, es un aspecto negativo del juego que nosotros podemos controlar. Ofrecemos este evento para llamarles la atenci?n y alentarlos a todos ustedes a mantener limpio de insultos y maldiciones los chats.

Scat me sugiri? que ?noob? sea considerado una maldici?n.

I think its stupid and it wont achieve anything besides giving someone a ban.

Will this event be open to those who do not speak english? I would hate for some of our lovely friends who insist on abusing us in other languages to miss out on this glorious event.

I think its stupid and it wont achieve anything besides giving someone a ban.

Will this event be open to those who do not speak english? I would hate for some of our lovely friends who insist on abusing us in other languages to miss out on this glorious event.

It will make people think before they speak, won't it? Who wants a 1-month ban?

We are offfering this event to draw attention to the matter and encourage

all of you to keep the chats clean and insult-curse free.

Yes, it will be open to those players that don't speak English. Everyone on the GM staff speaks English, but a lot of us speak other languages as well.

Nemesis chat Log event spanish translation

Empezando el 23 de abril hasta el 1 de mayo, el administrador y el equipo de GMs monitorearan el registro de chats por insultos, maldiciones y el lenguaje inapropiado.

El jugador que m?s infracciones tenga en el chat durante la semana ganara 1 mes de suspensi?n en el juego en su cuenta principal.

Este es un evento que no quieres ganar.

El staff es conciente de los constantes insultos, maldiciones en el chat global y de ciudades, es un aspecto negativo del juego que nosotros podemos controlar. Ofrecemos este evento para llamarles la atenci?n y alentarlos a todos ustedes a mantener limpio de insultos y maldiciones los chats.

Scat me sugiri? que ?noob? sea considerado una maldici?n.

Is this for whisper, guild chat, shout, everything?

Frequency does not equal intensity of infraction.

Let's say I talk to a friend in whisper, here you've weighted that as the same as abuse in global.

Or what about white chat or party what with a friend, or what about a running argument between two people vs random abuse to many.

Idea is good otherwise! Are you going to check if the language was a retaliation to less severe language e.g. "Haha recaller". Are you scanning for words such as "pt" and other abbreviations.

If you're going to run this, how about running one where you check chat logs for players helping players (serious suggestion, I'd like to see this).

All that being said, it might still result in less smack talk. But it might result in more baiting, who knows.

BTW over all I think it's a nice idea, and will probably have the desired effect. But frequency doesn't always determine who the worst offenders are (it might though!).

Can't wait to see the result.

good idea but guild chats should not be checked in my opinion,

if two guildies are poking fun at each other its usually in good fun..

Atleast in survivors, in Africans we used ventrilo much more.

on-topic: I agree with u, guild, party chat shouldnt included in these checks imo.