Sign in to follow this  
timma

Solo A Demon

Whats the deal i see people saying the solo demons, but i have a DK war build

with 200 dex and 190 vit

and get owned by demons is there a better build, do you have to have certain items to do it

or is there a method i dont see ?

i have tried the normal zerk dk sword route , and the tower shield & war axe approach.

well just looking for advice.

lol i have a full hero war with dk15, dm5, rod, magic diamond high% and 158 vit, and i still cant solo em sometimes...

u should have something like a nice dr set + high hitting (diamond or angel and dk sword/weapon)

Yeah...

DK15, RoD, DM5, DR legs+wings+berk, high PA plate or DK plate, Dex Angel/Magic Diamond would be pretty awesome for hunting demons solo.

You can try a high hp flam or hammer too.

I reckon it depends on the demon, some demons have less vit than others (or is it less dex :rolleyes: ) . Your game plan is also important, pfm >>> zerk >>> zerk usually gets the job done :P Nowadays i struggle to down a demon without chugging (reduced my vit), but i believe u can safely down a demon with 198 vit.

I have 0000 items, but still i can solo demons.

As said above, depends on demons, some die faster and hit less. Other demons are hard to take down.

When i go soloing demons y just carry mi dk+10, and a dm1..as said before, i have no items..

Just pfm, invi, zerk and hit..

I get stuck between walls no to get kicked and so i dont need to pfm twice..

Whats the deal i see people saying the solo demons, but i have a DK war build

with 200 dex and 190 vit

and get owned by demons is there a better build, do you have to have certain items to do it

or is there a method i dont see ?

i have tried the normal zerk dk sword route , and the tower shield & war axe approach.

well just looking for advice.

i can solo a demon with

full hero, dk+15, dm3 and ring of dragon power

im 130 str, 158 vit

its mostly about items

yes runners are ez to solo :P

but im starting to see is its more about items then char.

i was just wondering since back in the day on

hbUSA i could solo a demon on my 172 BBH zerk war pretty easily

while here, ive gone through 35 hp pots and died and the demon still alive.

Dont forget characters on Nemesis have less vit, and dk armor has less pa than on HBUsa :blush:

I can solo demons pretty easily.

I tend to use my HP set with DK plate (100%+ with hose, horns and berk), DM+4, Ogre Ring, Anc Gis and my angel.

I tend to use maybe 2 or 3 zerks. It helps a lot if you are blocked.

Dont forget characters on Nemesis have less vit, and dk armor has less pa than on HBUsa :blush:

i was 172 so no DK armor

thats what i was thinking vamp. i need some hp gear.

how can you not solo demons? im using bbh+1 dk armor and dm3 and i solo demons

but with like 5 pots though, and 18 crits

also pfm and zerk as well

200 str 200 dex 59 str , 128 vit

I'm thinking he means he wants to solo demons, as in HUNT demons. Not recall after one.....

How is that even practical.

That's funny cause this server bugs me out..Before At lvl 165 on usa...5 monthes of grindin lol..those lvls sucked..but i had dm3 ogre ring n SBH+3..that was it and i could solo demons maybe chug 1 pot...Also all the way up to like lvl 160 ww/ogre pit was hard to train in kinda get owned...In usa I was training in ogere pit at lvl 90...Just some thought's...I dont get it here...

how can you not solo demons? im using bbh+1 dk armor and dm3 and i solo demons

but with like 5 pots though, and 18 crits

also pfm and zerk as well

200 str 200 dex 59 str , 128 vit

Try using great-defense-shield and just stay close to him...most likely he won't shoot magic ;)

I'm thinking he means he wants to solo demons, as in HUNT demons. Not recall after one.....

How is that even practical.

Its not practical, it wont ever be an efficent hunt. I could probally hunt about 5-10 before I had to repot, HOWEVER. The problem doesnt lie with actually killing the demon, its finding one thats alone with very little chance of interference. This can be the most time consuming part of solo demon hunting and it really makes it a pointless excercise. If you had a partner you couldve killed about 40 in the time it took you to kill that 5 or 10.

...but I do love the ego boost behind soloing a demon. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Also something people should be aware of. This server IS NOT HBUSA. We have a different vit forumlua, so do not assume because you did it on HBUSA, that you can do it here.

im sure this isnt too helpful as a guide but when i played dearest cleanser i could do a whole demon quest on my pots before i had to repot:

full hero

SB

magic diamond 95

rod

hp21 cape

df15 neck

200dex 143str 139? vit

pfm first as their BSW fnked me, and i would always back myself to a wall so i didnt fly,,, flying really screws you. also needed a minimum of 8 crits before startig to solo...

using a high hp weapon with low damage is a really bad idea from my experience as the demon regens, fight takes longer, you end up chugging more...

on hbusa i had a full hero fully stacked etc.. i had a anc waraxe hp70, a rGIS hp63, and anc bh hp35..

of those weapons RGIS hp63 was the worst just took too long... ancwaraxe hp70 was pretty godly but messing between tower and stuff to repfm ends up screwing u, anc bh hp35 was king.

the best combo was zerking +tower+ waraxe hp70 and then when zerk ran off switch to bh and crit 8 or so times and it would die...

but in all reality unless u got dk15+ items+HERO or anc gis hp 35++++items+HERO (items being dm // df neck / dmg ring / magic diamond / hp cape) your not going to solo demons on a continuous basis

5 -10 demons? Wow, nice. Im able to solo 4/6 Demons and im totally knock out..

Mind you, I can usually only hold a max of 18-22 hp pots. So i rekon if i chucked my MA set, the tower and msheild and all the other stuff i dont DESPERATLY need to solo a demon I could finish a quest, but like I said its a matter of how long you want to do it. Finding demons that are alone and relatively out of the way of other monsters in D4 is no easy exercise.

I can solo a demon no sweat. I did so on inf clean out, there was a single demon, pfmed, zerked. Did normal hits during 2 zerks and then critted it down. Didn't use one hp pot.

Used regular dk set , bbh+2 and 92% hp gem.

Although I have only 88 vit so i can do like 2 or 3 maximum, then im burned out.