Sign in to follow this  
Synz

Bf Monster Replacement

What would your feelings be on replacing ICE WYVERNS with UNICORNS be?

In Battlefield.

Discuss.

Oh and can I get the title of Queen of Suggestion Forum? That'd be sweet. LOL.

i dont know about removing the ice wyv. but i would like to see more uni's in the game

kloness is my favorite weapon and with barely any unicorns around and it being a rare drop

means no chance in hell.

i dont know about removing the ice wyv. but i would like to see more uni's in the game

kloness is my favorite weapon and with barely any unicorns around and it being a rare drop

means no chance in hell.

Kind of need more of an argument sir. You really have a purpose for hunting IW's in BF?

I just picked IW's because we kind of have a place to hunt those already. I mean yeah, they add an element of danger to hunting in BF, but do we really need it to be more dangerous? TW's and FW's are bad enough I think lol.

Not to mention the completely random spawns on top of you when your killing something.

Theres only one thing I have against putting Unicorns in Battlefield, they are neutral. The smarter players will know what Im talking about.

Other than that Im all for it. I think removing IWs would be easiest, rarely anyone goes to BF to hunt them as its far to much work.

Not to mention the completely random spawns on top of you when your killing something.

Theres only one thing I have against putting Unicorns in Battlefield, they are neutral. The smarter players will know what Im talking about.

Other than that Im all for it. I think removing IWs would be easiest, rarely anyone goes to BF to hunt them as its far to much work.

Yeah true, could make them enemies I guess. I would just like a way to hunt unicorns. 1 an hour or so isn't too hot.

Yeah true, could make them enemies I guess. I would just like a way to hunt unicorns. 1 an hour or so isn't too hot.

Yeah there really needs to be a constant supply of them.

No way.

When you are like... 4 or 5 mags, and want to hunt calmly, bf is a great place for wyv hunting.

If you take out wyvs, then you wont find a place to hunt calmly

No way.

When you are like... 4 or 5 mags, and want to hunt calmly, bf is a great place for wyv hunting.

lol...

No way.

lol...

??????????????????????????????

I need three Xanax just to think about going in BF I hate that map frippin random spawns on my head non stop

No way.

lol...

Atleast i give a coherent reply, the reason im agains removing IW from BF is it supposed to be

a map for large party hunting, and as someone else said it is actually a better map to hunt wyv. on

however most players here dont know or are to noob to hunt them in BF,

As for my point in my earlier post i agreed with you. that unis would be a nice addition.

No way.

lol...

Atleast i give a coherent monster, the reason im agains removing IW from BF is it supposed to be

a map for large party hunting, and as someone else said it is actually a better map to hunt wyv. on

however most players here dont know or are to noob to hunt them in BF,

As for my point in my earlier post i agreed with you. that unis would be a nice addition.

I thought it was a joke, because hunting specific monsters in BF isn't the easiest thing in the world. If you're trying to imply that I'm a noob for not hunting wyv in BF...it's not that I don't want to hunt them in BF. It's that there's no consistent way to possibly hunt only wyverns there unlike the pit in IB. You can hunt as many wyverns as you want until you die from malnutrition or are raided.

Yes, BF is a map for partying. You'll find that generally groups are there to hunt the smaller monsters. They're there hunting for the rare drops that ettins, centaurus, giant lizards, gargoyles, demons, etc. drop. The other monsters are usually just an annoyance or a "OMG INVIS QUICK" kind of thing. That's usually how it is when I go there with a group (keep in mind my group is fairly small, 4-8 people).

Yeah, it removes an element of danger. But also adds the possibility of getting different drops and hunting different monsters (in this case - unicorns).

There's my "coherent monster."

replace wyvs/fwyvs/TW for HC(more)/unis/minos

This will never happen. We don't want to turn a nice hard hunting ground into a softy fruit map...

pits please.

my main grief with the BF map is that there are almost TOO many spawns. It's insane. You lure one thing, to back into a TW spawn. I think it would be perfect with a few PITS, and the spawn rate for the whole map turned down a couple of notches. Yea, its impressive seeing ALL of those monsters grouped together, but how many times have you seen a group of people just run up and clear a bridge. "Guys, let's take the 3 fire wyverns 8 Tigerworms and the Destruction of Magic Protection demons!!" No. Demon pit, ettin pit, lizard pit, *GASP* TW pit, would be killer.

And no Unicorns please. Think about the damage you could do with a mass Uni spawn in that place...Besides, what would a neutral animal be doing in the "Battle Field" ?

@arg6 - Pits are over-doing it a little bit I think. I kind of like how it's set-up. Oh, and the same reason bunnies are in a dungeon....I propose making Unicorns hostile though.

@Isabelle - Yeah, they can join 90% of the Battlefield monsters in having magic spells. Lizards have paralyze as well. :)

But an idea I also have is to make all the boss monsters have "pair spawns" and not "square spawns." If you pay attention to places like Garden, you'll notice a lot of giant plants walk around in 2's and other monsters do this as well. Magic orcs tend to walk around in a group of 4 or so. Square spawns are HUGE spawns, that generally look like a square.

Seriously...do were really need square spawns of the boss monsters? Square spawn of ice wyverns is just ridiculous. Same with TW's.

But an idea I also have is to make all the boss monsters have "pair spawns" and not "square spawns." If you pay attention to places like Garden, you'll notice a lot of giant plants walk around in 2's and other monsters do this as well. Magic orcs tend to walk around in a group of 4 or so. Square spawns are HUGE spawns, that generally look like a square.

Seriously...do were really need square spawns of the boss monsters? Square spawn of ice wyverns is just ridiculous. Same with TW's.

What's wrong with the "Square" spawns? Because it makes it harder to lure?

If you (and maybe one other person) know what you're doing, it's actually really easy to lure one monster from one of those big squares. It just takes practice.

What's wrong with the "Square" spawns? Because it makes it harder to lure?

If you (and maybe one other person) know what you're doing, it's actually really easy to lure one monster from one of those big squares. It just takes practice.

What isn't wrong with a square spawn? No, it doesn't make it harder to lure...it's overkill.

You'll have the same amount of monsters on the map to kill, same amount of danger. Plus, the added bonus of maybe surviving a TW spawn on top of you. Unless you're arguing from one of those "Helbreath purist" angles...then I'm not going to bother.

Oh please, you want things to be too easy.

People managed before, they 'll manage now. I rest my case. It 's not called the battlefield for nothing ;)

Oh please, you want things to be too easy.

People managed before, they 'll manage now. I rest my case. It 's not called the battlefield for nothing ;)

How is this making anything easier? It would make it harder, instead of watching out for a huge block of TW's running around, you have to worry about a crap ton more spread around the map more evenly.

Yeah and Death Valley is a hard map...puh-lease. :rolleyes:

Case rested.

No way.

I have to agree i enjoy the wuick tp to scope out IW n FW with mages