Sign in to follow this  
Autumn

A Good Suggestion

Tired of all the trash talking that i get and hearing all the trash talk that everyone else gets. So thinking maybe we could do something like /tooff but make it so it mutes w/e you want.

i.e

/tooff townchat - Disables blue chat

/tooff citychat - Disables red chat

or if possible but i think its a little too complex

/tooff guild-Inevitable (something to tooff a guild that talks to much and yes they are out there -.-)

would be nice to actually have some peace in game. Hate getting on and having a headache from a hard day of work and then getting mutilated in town chats -.-

feel free to input dislikes and likes.

Thanks

You can already turn off shout and not see global

and certain players spamming in town chat, you can /tooff them

now as far as a guildmate, you can toff them also but id prefer telling the guys privately to pipe down a bit.

Can't you only use the /tooff command on one person or was that changed?

edit: wait yeah i think jaapy changed it so it read a list from your HD or something to that effect, nevermind :X

i ment just tooff a certain guild not my own guildmates lol. that was just an example. theres certain guilds in elvine that like to whisper me or find me and talk about of jibberish -.-

when you turn off shout does it turn off just the red chat or both the red and blue chat?

When you turn shout off, it shuts off red and blue chat, though I'm not sure about guild chat.

yeah i found out it shuts off both. But what about making it so you are able to choose which chat you want to turn off. I never have issues with my own town its usually just the opposite town. So being able to just turn the red chat off would be amazing.

Would the work on this suggestion worth?

I mean... im sure only 1 or 2 players from 200 would use this /toof.

Is like the actual /tooff... everyone whine about someone trashtalking but almost no one use the /tooff... because they want to know what are they talking about...

The actual /tooff is really good since it save the players you /tooff to.

i actually use it quite a bit. But theres still are some newer people to helbreath that play nemesis. So maybe if there was some type of command post/section on the site this could help the newer players as well. I just thought it would keep the huge trash talking fights to a minimum. Atleast it would help me =x. More input from players on this would be great.

Would the work on this suggestion worth?

I mean... im sure only 1 or 2 players from 200 would use this /toof.

Is like the actual /tooff... everyone whine about someone trashtalking but almost no one use the /tooff... because they want to know what are they talking about...

The actual /tooff is really good since it save the players you /tooff to.

Yes, the addition of a client-side /tooff was amazing (also was my suggestion). But I could see when you'd want to turn off individual channels as well. Whether it be spam of trash talk, bunches of "hajajaja", or whatever. You can just turn global off without having to actually tooff that person and then later remove the tooff if you want to hear that person again.

--------

Do not tell anyone that there's an option for this already. Using F12's "turn off global chat" function removes both global and town chat which can leave you seriously hampered on information. You don't want to to run to ogres to train when there's 10 enemy mages there do you?