Sign in to follow this  
Skyas

Ogre+demonrings!

Ogre and demonring droprate needs to be lowered?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Does Ogre and Demonring drop rate need to be lowered

• Yes
    • No

When dragonia was planned I told that we really should be very carefull with drops. Thats a failed thing so don't make the same mistake again please. It's better to have strickt dropping than loose, because the you can easy loosen the droprate, but you cannot get rid of too many rings by lowering it.

As now Ogrerings drops like row, they will be in 1 month sold for 1 zem. thats not good! So please decrease the droprate of Ogre and Demon rings! (TW/HC)

* HC will now drop Ogre Ring (50/50 on the place of Wizard Ring).

* HC will now drop Demon Ring (50/50 on the place of Mage Ring = low chance).

* HC will now drop Dragon Ring (50/50 on the place of Grand mage Ring = very low chance).

* HC+TW 1st drops have changed. No longer 10% chance, but now 50% chance to get 1st drop off of them.

ok u say the balance of the game look how many RoD and RoGM there are i nthe server due to Dragons now the servers going to be flooded with Ogres rings/demon and will soon be worth a zem for one due to hcs droping alot and crap just a input no need to flame me

PS. IF you answer NO, please tell us why!

hmm i voted no because i think its pretty cool new players will start with a ogre ring and demon ring :) and if it really true what u say they will be sell for zem-2 zems? its pretty good for the new players !! im sure 100% new players will pop up with this new drop rate.. 100% sure !

Edit:

they always cry about how they have no items :) well now they do :D its pretty nice to do it so i voted no cuz that kthxbai!

hmm i voted no because i think its pretty cool new players will start with a ogre ring and demon ring :) and if it really true what u say they will be sell for zem-2 zems? its pretty good for the new players !! im sure 100% new players will pop up with this new drop rate.. 100% sure !

Edit:

they always cry about how they have no items :) well now they do :D its pretty nice to do it so i voted no cuz that kthxbai!

What is the point of low droprate in low exp server if everything good is droppaed fast for new players? Thats what makes the server travell towards item wipe and boreness.Low droprate is for the sake of building your character over time and trading. If you increase all the drops massively, youll just make nemesis one of those fruitservers with all goodies available in 1 day!

I agree that ogre rings and perhaps even demonrings were too hard to get, yes indeed. But now those are just a joke.

PS. I'm not sure if ppl are aware of recent droprate change. Go to hunt hcs to see what it really is instead of just voting. I'm already that this poll might really be a mistake as crowd doesnt always know what is the good of the server...

i voted no because up until now, unless u hunted drags alot and got a ring, if u were a warrior, chances where u wernt using any dmg ring! where as row's are given out free by mules, on blizz thats +1 dmg to 4-5 hits. so closer to +5dmg, which is drag ring dmg for warrior. Which led to some unbalance in lower levels where mages had extra dmg but warrs didnt.

This way is fairer, because even low warriors can has some dmg ring, and is not too powerful to unbalance server.

Also, ogre ring isnt supposed to be worth more than 1 zem lol, its not supposed to be a rare iten or expensive, its supposed to be a cheap fix to add a bit more dmg for warrior.

i voted no because up until now, unless u hunted drags alot and got a ring, if u were a warrior, chances where u wernt using any dmg ring! where as row's are given out free by mules, on blizz thats +1 dmg to 4-5 hits. so closer to +5dmg, which is drag ring dmg for warrior. Which led to some unbalance in lower levels where mages had extra dmg but warrs didnt.

Comparing warriors physical dmg and mages spell damage is not the smartest thing to do, because they are based on full diffirent things:

Mage uses mana for spells, warriors just hits with the weapon.

Mages attack you can prevent by hitting him, warriors attack cannot be prevented.

Spell releases you from paralize, hitting doesnt.

My point is, they arent 1x1 comperable.

Generally mages are supposed to be powerfull in damage wise but weak for physical attacks. Now as they have made pa non-stacking they've made warrior and mage classes far more balanced than they used to be.

This way is fairer, because even low warriors can has some dmg ring, and is not too powerful to unbalance server.

The thing is that they are dropped just too often. I support 100% that its better that they are dropped more, but just not this much.

I'm basically just warning that we are heading to a situation which leads sooner in wipe than its needed. Or in a way where we need to tighten the drops later and make it once again stupid to hunt hcs and tws. We are on the same point where we were with dragon rings.

Also, ogre ring isnt supposed to be worth more than 1 zem lol, its not supposed to be a rare iten or expensive, its supposed to be a cheap fix to add a bit more dmg for warrior.

What for is this point info based in? Nemesis is trying to keep the original aspect of the game. In a good and bad way. Ofcourse its good to improve the server, but that should be done without ruining the original balance of the game.

And therefore its better to do slight changes and then see if we are heading to good direction. Damagerings have never been dropping this often in hb, eventhough they used to drop from tws from int/usa.

Coding of hb very complicately balanced. I did realize that just after white told me about how hitting propablity and damage is calculated. Therefore you need to be very carefull with the changes.

No :wacko:

you probably already have everything and now want to reduce hmm

Please read again what I wrote instead of just making stupid arguments.

Apparently it seems like a poll was a stupid idea, because ppl really are just thinking the best of theirselves instead of the best of the server.

PS. IF having a ROM+dk12 on a mage is having everything then I guess yes I do.

and also adding to what skyas said, the bliz doesnt always hits 4-5 hits, and wars hit mages about 2 times or more to every cast, including other spells

i do see what u mean Skyas. really i do, not fun if all can get good items in a few hunts. But i think Ogre ring should be pretty commen, same as DF+1 but if u want better its have to take time. i havnt voted anything becouse i havnt hunted much yet and dont know the situation 100%

well i voted no for this reason, many ppl got RoDs atm so there are like 50+ RoDs, now new player or someone in one guild with less members can get ogre or demon ring

my vote on the pole is a no, however i wanted to vote

No ogre rings should be a fairly common item.

Yes on Demon rings they should be rare.

just my opinion.

row are giving away by the mule

rom arent even worth a 3/3 zem

Warrior damage rings are ALL rare

ok with me if the lower dmg rings are common

i answered no coz

i think about many ppl that has rod..

that means that it might be like a bit common..

but i rly agree with hunter in that ogre ring must be more common....

im not rly 100% agree with my NO answer but i want my ring too =)

anyway

i want ogre to be droped more usually and rod can be lowered..

and first drop of hc-tw MUST be high, not in the way u get row or xneck...but just to get some stuff from it :P

Yesterday 20hcs killed => 2 ogre rings. Thats a bit too often imo...

And I think because RoDs are too common now its not good to make it an excuse to make ogre rings drop even alot more common (drops like rows 50/50).

Is not like what u think should be done Skyas.

The Staff chooses and players must accept what we add.

We choosed to add Damage Ring, thats all. If u dont like, just quit.

Topic Moved to Suggestions.

I did like the idea of increasing the drop rate of those too rare warrior rings, but I do not like the idea of making those usefull and rare warrior rings to a common crap.

Voted yes.

Players does not think whats the good for server and sometimes GM's does mistakes too.

For example if farjat went to a player and asked if he wanted medusa sword.. OFCOURSE player would say yes.. that doesnt mean the player thinks whats good for the server, but whats good for himself.. 99% of HB players are too selfish to always see whats the best for the server.

me and a few killed around 60 HC and got around 8 ogre and 0 demon...i dont think they will flood demon so fast at that rate... and yea they flood ogre.. at the same time they lowered dragon ring drop rate which means the more "powerful" rings will be less common and will raise the value for people who already have.

i think as long as the good rings rom rogm roam rodemon rod xelring abbyring keep a certain level of rarity then its ok for there to be a lot of row and ogre...

people come to the server new and might say "HAY I GOT AN OGRE RING AND A BBH+1 ALREADY, MAYBE ILL STAY."

its like old marketing tactics.. you sell one item cheap to draw in customer and then everything else is expensive once they are there...

draw in new players by letting them feel like they are really building their char

in the early days a lot of people left because it felt hopeless that they played 6 months and had no warrior ring :)

anyway i think common ogre ring (but the rest rare) might help keep new people joining the server

Is not like what u think should be done Skyas.

The Staff chooses and players must accept what we add.

We choosed to add Damage Ring, thats all. If u dont like, just quit.

Topic Moved to Suggestions.

You can choose to stay quiet or atleast try to have influence, you know my choice.

Because, if you don't express yourself, tell your opinnion, you really shouldn't complain eather.

I will continue to say my opinnions, like I did in crowmaster case, like I did in "hacker case", like I've always done.

I guess that we can say in this case: Never give advice -- a wise man won't need it, a fool won't heed it.

Hope you fall in the first category, Farjat, hopefully you and your staff knows better than me what to do. I really do, because I like of this server.

Cleanser has good opinnions. I still though think that they should start with lower rates, atleast with ogre rings.

I believe that the truth lies somewhere in free words.

I will lower the droprate for the rings a bit.

I did 50/50 for both rings at first but I agree it's a LITTLE too high, but I will divide it something like 75/25 or 80/20, makes it a little harder to get them, but still doable.

Cool?

omg come ON

Ogre rings are CRAP! On other servers they are traded with the same value as a ROM.

Since when did ogre rings become some super rare item?

They were not ever meant to be rare!!

I will lower the droprate for the rings a bit.

I did 50/50 for both rings at first but I agree it's a LITTLE too high, but I will divide it something like 75/25 or 80/20, makes it a little harder to get them, but still doable.

Cool?

Sounds cool, thanks for listening. 75/25 or 80/20 means like I guess around 1/20. That wouldnt be that bad.

I'm not sure about Ring of demon drops, they might be ok or not. Drago is sure ok from hcs if its 50/50 as rogm (rogm never drops B) ).