Sign in to follow this  
Danthrax

Hardware Acceleration Help

I am having problems changing my hardware acceleration. When i go into personalize/display setting/advanced/troubleshoot i cannot change the hardware acceleration level. It says the driver doesn't support changes to hardware acceleration. I have a 9800 gtx graphics card and have tried several drivers including the newest. If anyone has a solution to this problem can you please post it here. I am also running vista ultimate 32-bit.

With vista you can only play HB with lag when an angel is there :/

There is no way to configure it yet ! (as far as we know)

But who knows what the future brings

With vista you can only play HB with lag when an angel is there :/

There is no way to configure it yet ! (as far as we know)

But who knows what the future brings

Actually if i uninstall the driver or the graphics card i get 400-600 fps and when its installed i get 62-230. is there a way to disable all the grphical processes other than through windows?

I'm going to see if i can get more fps if i run hb on redhat linux. I'll also try to get a copy of xp and see if its a vista issue or a driver issue with the 9800gtx.

It is 100% a vista issue...

This has been going on for long !

Vista's operative system req. so much from the graphic part.

It takes a lot !

I'm going to see if i can get more fps if i run hb on redhat linux. I'll also try to get a copy of xp and see if its a vista issue or a driver issue with the 9800gtx.

Try disabling Vertical Sync in Nvidia COntrol Panel...

Redhat won't detect my onboard ethernet. Changing everything in ntune/nvidia control panel doesn't change it. And if anyone ever wants to get rid of a linux partition and has grub installed make sure u delete grub and restore windows boot manager before formating the linux partition if you don't want to spend at least a half hour trying to fix. Not including trying to figure out how to do it and finding a recovery cd.

Redhat won't detect my onboard ethernet. Changing everything in ntune/nvidia control panel doesn't change it. And if anyone ever wants to get rid of a linux partition and has grub installed make sure u delete grub and restore windows boot manager before formating the linux partition if you don't want to spend at least a half hour trying to fix. Not including trying to figure out how to do it and finding a recovery cd.

just delete them with the linux format tool first, then just run windows cd...

the only way is to down grade your os to xp we are trying to help players with vitsa but it may take a long while :( and its harder as i wont and i mean wont install it so its harder for me to try and work a way round a fix.

well saying that i did have it installed for about 3 hours when it was bata and that was way to long.

and then scat installed it and we went though 5 routers before i worked out the problem and then i order scat to format and he was not happy and we had a fight he was trying to tell me it was not vista but by that time i new 100% it was. and well he still trys to install it but i have my eye on that all the time. :) he wont get past me in a hurry.

Sexy

Down with vista up with XP let the routers live :)

Anyone come over and install an xp partition for me I couldnt do it I kept getting error messages everytime I thought I had it

You have to shrink the vista partition in vista. Then install xp on the unallocated space. Then the boot manager will be messed up and You have to repair it with the vista install cd, i think you might have to do it in the command prompt thats the only way i got it to work. I think you have to first change the drive letter from x: to C: then type bootrec.exe/fixmbr and bootrec.exe/rebuildbcd (i'd google that first to make sure i'm right). Then you have to download easybcd and follow the instructions on this website http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_a...ystep_guide.htm.

i think i have a problem too.

i got a 8800 GTs, dual core AMD at 3 GHz and 2 GB of ram and my fps is about 200

and sometimes even drop to 100 i think thats not ok, turning off hardware acc, doesnt help at all and v sync is tunrned off.. ;s

i got a 8800 GTs, dual core AMD at 3 GHz and 2 GB of ram and my fps is about 200

and sometimes even drop to 100 i think thats not ok, turning off hardware acc, doesnt help at all and v sync is tunrned off.. ;s

I have same GFx and nearly same computer info as you.. I just have 4 gb ram insteed..

I jsut turned the Vsync off, and my fps is 250..

Try take some pictures and post here.. And let me have a look at your settings

I have same GFx and nearly same computer info as you.. I just have 4 gb ram insteed..

I jsut turned the Vsync off, and my fps is 250..

Try take some pictures and post here.. And let me have a look at your settings

well sometimes i got 250 too, problem is the fps isnt constant its range is like 100 - 300, which i have in new games, but as i read on some forums, there were guys with 600 - 1000 fps O.o, you want screen of my nvidia settings or of what?