Sign in to follow this  
Hunter[GM]

Beginner Bag

Since we have dropped the gold rate, it is very difficult for players new to the server to support their character.

They do not have enough gold to buy basic armors, repair their weapons and buy the spells they need.

Maybe the beginner bag could come with:

more gold....50k? 75k? 100K?

basic armor-hose, chain, berk, cape, boots

full load of pots

power green potion

*enough gold to buy them the basic spells they will need...through circle 7 maybe

Now, I know that people will abuse this and make xxxx accounts to get the gold off of them.

I dont know if there is a way to prevent them from doing this or not or if it even matters.

I am getting numerous complaints, daily, from the new players regarding the gold rate.

I am instructing them to get a job- farming, mining, fishing

sell rep

go to pits, pick up items and sell to BS

But it is still too hard, especially for new mages, to buy the spells they need and support

their character in pots and repairs.

Maybe we could drop the price of spells?

Especially, when the older players have millions of gold saved in their wh's.

It is a distinct disadvantage to our new players.

What do you think?

I dont see gold EVER being able to be used to purchase rare items.

no one is going to sell a rare...they want another item for it, not gold.

I dont mean zems...yes a new player will sell a zem to get gold.

They wont sell an item for gold.

Discuss

I think gold rate should be set back, the new blood of nemesis is having trouble playing the game, the gold should be = to the exp rate, i can get max in 3 days, would take me weeks 2 buy blizz.

The problem about new creating players is: create player, got 50k money, xfer to your own char, back again, create player 50k money, and xfer to you char ...

In that way you gotta get money WAY fast ..

I am instructing them to get a job- farming, mining, fishing

sell rep

go to pits, pick up items and sell to BS

I think that's the way to go, i buy rep all the time for good money or even give away gold, there's a thing we need to consolidate in nemesis and it's the community: if you alter the gameplay to make it balanced, there are going to be problems in other aspects. It's hard, i know, but even when the gold rate was higher it was hard to get the money. You need to hunt, hunt a lot, get items, nothing is going to be delivered to your hands...

Seems like everyone believes the same thing. Gold should be much higher having normal gold and Exp x25 is insane. It takes longer to get the gold you need than it does to get max lvl. Anything done with adding items to the noob bag will be exploited and the problem won't even be fixed because paying for armor isnt hard its repairing the weapons and buying the spells that adds up. As much as I hate gold being totally worthless, I think the system we had before was working just fine. Well except for the extremely low stone drop rate. If the staff truly wants to do something with the economy in Helbreath my only decent suggestion would be maybe extedning the gold you receive when you level further on and maybe increasing the amount you get per each higher level. For instance:

1-20 500gp each level

21-40 1000gp each level

41-80 1500gp each level

For a grand total of what 90k. This way if someone truly wants to take advantage at least they will have to work for it.

Well thats my two cents

In my opinion the solution is the Mule...we could donate some gold too...and they should try to be more active...

In my opinion the solution is the Mule...we could donate some gold too...and they should try to be more active...

the mules are pretty active i havent had much of a problem donating items, (2 are in my guild and that helps)

but i got a new mage, and yeah the gold is a struggle but if you dont try to lvl to 180 in a few days, and play

the pits appriate for your lvl you get pretty good amount of junk drops to sell, and you can develop your

skills, yes the exp. is high but you dont get 100% skills.

and i will not support increasing gold, until i can go to a pit and not see gold all over the ground,

just go look at town scorps and snakes, theres gold and wands and other drops all over if you just

pick it up and sell it you makes moneys.

heres a thought that just popped up in my head, dunno if its possible but how about, make gold drops

x25 for the winning town, and low for the losing town it will give a chance for noobs to make lots of money

fast when their town wins, and gives some more incentive in playing the sades.

I have to admit gold got nerfed pretty bad. Luckily some guy in warehouse gave me 700k when i started again. I'm already down to 100k =/

I dont see a problem with the mules being not active enough.

I always see them in global advertising.

the problem is...they are running out of items

now that gold is low, everyone is selling the items they used to donate to the mule

I am going to be giving the mules a lot of gold....

If you want to sell some items to the shop because you need gold

(which I totally understand) the mules can buy them from you.

So..the mules will have gold on them, strictly for buying items from people

who are short on funds and need to sell their items.

This way the mule program will still have a constant supply of items to meet

the great demand that they have experienced.

Just take your items to the shop...get an approximate price that the

shop would give you for your stuff, and tell the mule that amount.

You get your gold, we get the items we need.

win-win

These are the reasons I think gold drops should NEVER be tampered with:

1. New players see the gold is LOLBAD and LEAVE the server. (With low players playing this old game, you need all you can get.)

2. You have enough to work for already: Level 180, 100% shield,magic,long sword, hammer, archery, MR, PR, good drops, hunting, eking, getting full hero, getting dk+15 sword/wand/both, getting angel+10, crafting good stuff.

3. Mining HAS amazing use even before the gold drop...CRAFTING anyone?

4. Manufacturing has it's uses: PL raiders??? Have a friend just starting up? Save them from the BBH for 2 more swings. (lol)

Logic is good.

<3 Syn.

' date='May 9 2008, 04:29 PM' post='215449']

I dont see a problem with the mules being not active enough.

I always see them in global advertising.

the problem is...they are running out of items

now that gold is low, everyone is selling the items they used to donate to the mule

I am going to be giving the mules a lot of gold....

If you want to sell some items to the shop because you need gold

(which I totally understand) the mules can buy them from you.

So..the mules will have gold on them, strictly for buying items from people

who are short on funds and need to sell their items.

This way the mule program will still have a constant supply of items to meet

the great demand that they have experienced.

Just take your items to the shop...get an approximate price that the

shop would give you for your stuff, and tell the mule that amount.

You get your gold, we get the items we need.

win-win

good idea hunter, i like it.

to bad i got plenty of moneys oh well maybe one day i will win that

zem in the raffle.

Good idea hunter I think that will do nicely. My only concern is that while the others mules and I try to get on as much as possible. We are going to miss some here and there. Is there any way to kind of force the forum upon people. Advertise it more or make the page that pops up when you close helbreath go straight to the forum? If we could make people more aware of these programs they may be tepmpted to stay longer. I fear right now they log in play for twenty minutes get to lvl 60 and see that they cant afford anything without ever even knowing of the help we could offer.

Also I think that the MA program and whatever else has been done recently is working nicely. Just a couple weeks ago it always seemed that we only had like 60-80 on now everytime I look were 110-120+ and thats in the early afternoon. We still have a lot of work to do to get back to nemesis 1's numbers but we are well on our way.

i think gold could be raised up, just a tad lower than what it use to be. I use to get around 7-9k gold from each IG, and now its around 150-200 gold lol. I think you could raise it back t oaround 3-5k gold each IG. That doesnt seem too unreasonable. None the less, im happy either way.

Gold rate raised *5 again. Also Gold bonus for noobs is adjusted. Topic closed.