Sign in to follow this  
Nindax

Suggestion For Gold

I know there are more topics about people complaining about the gold on the server.

IMO there should be something changed about the gold rates for high levels, but it shouldnt be that hard for beginners to collect some gold for the basic armors and spells.

When a new character levels to 20 it gets gold each level (if character goes up more then 1 level it still gets gold for 1 level), am i correct? Maybe, if possible, change this to a higher level, and maybe some more gold each level (not sure what is it atm, 100 gold for level 1-10 and 200 gold for 11-19 or something?)

The example I am going to give now is really an example and not a suggestion of how it should be !!

Character gets gold each level up until level 100

Each 10 levels the characters gets more.

Positive things:

New players get a nice start to get BS items and spells (after the level 100 they have to do it by themself)

Gold rate can be lowered so gold gets more value

Negative things:

With the higher exp rate people will make characters just for the money, but this is only if the gold a character gets a level is set to high !

There are probably more positive and negative things to tell about this.

I hope this idea can be realized if more people and GM's agree with it.

I also posted this message in a reply on a topic in the General Posts Section

Gold has NEVER had any value, it will never have any value.

Well u got zem in nem1 for 30-60k but then there was a lot of zems in game, anyways gold is pretty useless, I only use that for repairing and pots. But now it gets pretty hard get money to repair, luckily dksets repair wont cost anything.

guy put back gold drop rate.... server is now loosing new players..

You must know i came up with this idea like 1 minute before i posted it, just to see what people think of it

I was just making this suggestion on how this problem can hopefully be solved. You can just put it back on a higher rate but that way gold will never get a value. To make HB Nemesis different and better from other server changes have to be made. Just these small things can make a big difference. There has to be more focus on new players, but it has to stay until max level.

By changing this there will be a new thing to do in Helbreath next to the normal (and after a while boring) slashing some monsters and players. Like some people do manufactering and alchemy.

To give value to gold in Helbreath, my first thought was to put an item for sale in BS or Shop, that is used by a lot of people but cost an amount of money in BS/Shop.

You can think of a Zemstone, put it for sale in the BS/Shop. Together with the suggestion i made, gold has a value, people sell items for gold to get the zemstones. Next to this there are some negative things, maybe to much zemstones ingame? That are things that are just have to be balanced out.

Offcourse the Zemstones are just an example, maybe there is another item that can be used in this idea. Like some people suggested to remove the recall spell and let people use scrolls (and make it so 1 scroll can be used 5 times or something) and sell the recall scroll for higher prices.

I can think of more ideas but I'll leave it for what it is now. I know most of the people dont want to change things in Helbreath, because its an old game and people still play it the way it is.

Everybody is bitching about the gold drop. The Gold drop was needed. It forces people to pick up drops and sell them to shop. If you are always eking.. stop and train for a day or something to afford pots. Helbreath isn't supposed to be about eking all the time. I have a PL raider.. That DRAINS my money.. -.- So i train constantly to make up for that.

PLZ STOP BITCHING!!!!

Everybody is bitching about the gold drop. The Gold drop was needed. It forces people to pick up drops and sell them to shop. If you are always eking.. stop and train for a day or something to afford pots. Helbreath isn't supposed to be about eking all the time. I have a PL raider.. That DRAINS my money.. -.- So i train constantly to make up for that.

PLZ STOP BITCHING!!!!

PLZ STOP TELLING US TO STOP BITCHING!!!

this is true, it only takes a few hours of mining to have enough goldfor a week.

This gold problem has NO effect on 180's all it is doing is chase new players away

We need to put the gold back pronto, the server has been going down for a while, and now it just started it climb back up, put gold bak to how it was while the new players are still coming.

maybe a rep pot for 100k (with actual gold rate) that adds 10 to ur rep?

or a crit candy that gets 5 crits back or whatever(doesnt change max crits of 18)