Sign in to follow this  
Hunter[GM]

5 Vs 5 Pvp Event Suggestions

I am in the process of planning a 5 on 5 player pvp event.

I want to get some suggestions on the rules from all of you.

There are some rules that will be in place and are not negotiable.

1- The 5 players must be from the same town

2- Each group of 5 must pre-register on the forums and actually show up the day of the event.

(no substitutions will be allowed on the day of the event....prior to that, the team may be changed)

3- The make up of the 5 must include a minimum of 1 mage and at least 1 warrior. After that, you can have

however many you want to make up your group of 5

4- This is not a guild event. Any 5 people can register and participate.

5- No activations unless you are matched up with a group that has access to a xelima weapon also

6- No slates are allowed to be used

7- No Resu wands are allowed

8- If a member of the group DC's they are out and will not be brought back to the battle.

9- Each member of the group of 5 must be a player in good standing. Meaning, they have to be approved

by the GM staff as earning the right to participate. No players who are banned at the time of the event

will be permitted to play. ( We wont unban someone to allow them to play)

10- The winning group of 5 must pass a pack check at the end of the event. Failure of all 5 members to

take and post a screen shot when asked by the GM staff, will result in the entire team being

disqualified and the top prize being awarded to the runner up.

Additions? Up to you.... I am open minded and want to hear what you all think.

I am inclined to keep this as free from restrictions as possible. So dont list a bunch of crazy rules that

are impossible to enforce, such as- no jewelry....no way for us to check that.

maybe do it with same class hunter..

Mage 5 Mage 5

war 5 war 5

or mix it..

3 war 2 mage.. 3 war 2 mage...

but only 1 of team play ..

1 x 1 then one die other come no stop to rec etc..

xD

' date='Apr 2 2008, 08:00 PM' post='209434']

2- Each group of 5 must pre-register on the forums and actually show up the day of the event.

(no substitutions will be allowed on the day of the event....prior to that, the team may be changed)

3- The make up of the 5 must include a minimum of 1 mage and at least 1 warrior. After that, you can have

5- No activations unless you are matched up with a group that has access to a xelima weapon also

8- If a member of the group DC's they are out and will not be brought back to the battle.

9- Each member of the group of 5 must be a player in good standing. Meaning, they have to be approved

by the GM staff as earning the right to participate. No players who are banned at the time of the event

10- The winning group of 5 must pass a pack check at the end of the event. Failure of all 5 members to

take and post a screen shot when asked by the GM staff, will result in the entire team being

I am inclined to keep this as free from restrictions as possible. So dont list a bunch of crazy rules that

I think this should be a Guild Event, with a minimun of people per size of 5.

If there is 8 Survivors and 6 Drunk+Stoned let them play like 6x6... But both sides must match minimun side number...

That way also no registration is needed. The tournament can be managed between GameMaster and Guildmasters, or teamleaders, not neccesary guildmaster if not...

We can set more than one arena for this if we got enoff GMs to cover it.

I like the way frajat said it, exspecially sence he mentioned my guild GO!! Drunk+Stoned

I would like 2 add no amp no pfm.

amp and pfm is good, it will show skill between the grps timing. not having amp and pfm is just another set pvp event. I dont play no more but i think amp and pfm should be in there to show timing and reaction skillz.

amp and pfm is good, it will show skill between the grps timing. not having amp and pfm is just another set pvp event. I dont play no more but i think amp and pfm should be in there to show timing and reaction skillz.

Lets me guess, your a warrior. Bucha people amping and pfming isnt fun

Well Im neither playing anymore, but I do agree with Ryan even tho I played mainly my mage for last days and if I participated in this event I would do it on mage and I still would like amp/pfm in =)

i agree w/ farjat let it be based per guild, it will be alot easier to organize than random groups of 5.

i dont think any spell should be banned in a event like this.

and i do play on a war. mostly and no i dont use pfm very often, i find it easier to kill a mage 1 vs 1

w/ out. unless they are lame and have to para or hold person to land their blizz then i pfm becuase thats

just annoying. :P

Lets me guess, your a warrior. Bucha people amping and pfming isnt fun

Timing your pfm and amps are essential for good gameplay and actually with warrior you can stay without amp in more situation than with mage (my opinnion).

Also like we need to use Game Bases, We own to the server a big guild tournament and this sounds like the chance.

I like ppl timing also, teamwork.

Ppl can do a little guild for tournament, i dont care if widraw later, but lets use the bases we have for better organization.

' date='Apr 2 2008, 05:00 PM' post='209434']

translation:

Estoy en el proceso de planificacion de un evento pvp 5 contra 5

Quiero obtener algunas sugerencias sobre las reglas de todos ustedes

hay algunas reglas que seran en el lugar y no son negociables (no se que quizo decir con negociables)

1- los 5 jugadores deben ser de la misma ciudad

2- cada grupo de 5 debe pre registrarse en el foro y el hecho te mostrara el dia del evento (las sustituciones no seran permitidas el dia del evento... antes de esto el equipo puede ser cambiado)

3-cada equipo debe tener como minimo un mago o un guerrero. despues de esto puedes elegir cuantos quieres en el grupo de 5

4- esto no es un evento de guilds. cualquier persona puede inscribirse y participar

5- las activaciones no estan permitidas a menos que el otro grupo tambien tenga una arma de xelima

6- las slates(ancient tables) no estan permitidas

7- los ressurection wand no estan permitidos

8- si a algun miembro del grupo se le desconecta el juego queda fuera del evento

9- Cada miembro del grupo de 5 debe ser un jugador en buen estado. Significado, que tienen que ser aprobados

Por el personal del GM como ganar el derecho a participar. No hay jugadores que est?n prohibidos en el momento del evento

Se permitir? que desempe?ar. (Por costumbre eliminar la prohibici?n a alguien que les permita participar)

10- al equipo de 5 ganador se le hara un chequeo de paks. el incumplimiento de alguno de los 5 miembros de tomar la screen shot cuando le pregunta el Game Master dara lugar a todo el equipo y sera descalificado y el 1er premio se otorga al finalista

pd: el 9 no lo entendia asi que use un traductor

Thanks Colo! This be the one....

anyone else have any input they would lke to add before we put this together and discuss brackets, etc?