Sign in to follow this  
Bliss/Qua

Intolerence

I am really embarassed that a few vocal English speaking people can hijack this forum and push towards hate. We worked too hard in the sixties and seventies for tolerance to see this happening now. I really feel like if anything can tear Nemesis apart it is the jerks posting that Spanish speaking people have to post in English. This is not an English forum. This is not a Spanish forum...it is bilingual...like we are. A specific example is Funny Girl who is the target of intolence more than any other player. He CANNOT compose in English and it is cruel to serve derision to him for that. So little puppies learn the world is big and varied or DON'T POST AT ALL!!!

Qua

I am really embarassed that a few vocal English speaking people can hijack this forum and push towards hate. We worked too hard in the sixties and seventies for tolerance to see this happening now. I really feel like if anything can tear Nemesis apart it is the jerks posting that Spanish speaking people have to post in English. This is not an English forum. This is not a Spanish forum...it is bilingual...like we are. A specific example is Funny Girl who is the target of intolence more than any other player. He CANNOT compose in English and it is cruel to serve derision to him for that. So little puppies learn the world is big and varied or DON'T POST AT ALL!!!

Qua

Agree with you

Qua

The matter of the fact isn't that people have an intolerance towards other cultures and their languages...it's the fact that they're trying to contribute to a thread in which was started in English, but posting in their native language.

Do you see the Finns posting in their language and discussing among themselves? No. Do you see the Polish posting in threads and discussing in their language? No.

If I wanted to, I could talk with Skyas all day in German in one of these threads and you wouldn't have a clue what we were saying.

If anyone is being disrespectful - it's those people..I'm sorry.

IT IS >>>NOT<<< AN EXCUSE. Chances are that the poster doesn't even have any useful contribution to the topic at hand!!

Well said synz ..

Well said ....

It is based in english if you make a english topic. Sure if you know the person speak spanish to, then np ON A trade market/Sscreen shot place.

In general i prefer English.

People who create their own thread in spanish, fine with it, i know i wouldnt read, cause i dont understand YET.

Qua

The matter of the fact isn't that people have an intolerance towards other cultures and their languages...it's the fact that they're trying to contribute to a thread in which was started in English, but posting in their native language.

Do you see the Finns posting in their language and discussing among themselves? No. Do you see the Polish posting in threads and discussing in their language? No.

If I wanted to, I could talk with Skyas all day in German in one of these threads and you wouldn't have a clue what we were saying.

IT IS >>>NOT<<< AN EXCUSE. Chances are that the poster doesn't even have any useful contribution to the topic at hand!!

It's not an excuse to not know the language? Because that seems to be pretty much what you're saying there Synz, and if that's the case, why don't you just learn spanish?

Qua

misunderstanding and misleading.dont make fire please.

everyone can post in any language they want.

yes, Spanish is major language. but as you say, world is big, there are lots of non-Spanish-speaking ppl.

English for English started post, Spanish for Spanish started post,Japanese for Japanese started post....

It is very simple. its just for convienience.

Wuta

You can give the question to the spanish talking people to..

Why dont you learn english ?

English is a worldwide spoken language, and it's pretty easy to learn.

I'll guess people from spain and what so ever, would say the same, but acutally, i find it pretty hard atm.

I just startet to have spanish in school, it goes slow, but i will understand some day :b

The point is

Stop post in spanish if the poster speak english, it makes no sense to post an other language that even the poster dont understand.

If you want to write your own language, please translate it to.

English for English started post, Spanish for Spanish started post,Japanese for Japanese started post....

It is very simple. its just for convienience.

Agreed !

Guest kay0

Qua

:lol:

synz pr0 qua!

Qua

It's not an excuse to not know the language? Because that seems to be pretty much what you're saying there Synz, and if that's the case, why don't you just learn spanish?

You didn't understand the meaning wuta.

If they reply to an english written topic - it means they have some understanding of the english language, but they reply to the person who wrote the topic in spanish. Dimora doesn't go and reply to an English or Spanish thread in Finnish does he?

Just reply to a thread in what language it's supposed to be written in. Eastern/Northern Europe have 0 reason to learn spanish. The Asian players have 0 reason to learn spanish.

It's common courtesy. Important topics are going to be translated anyways, so that everyone knows.

Qua

He know english, but he doesnt have a good reason to write in that way.

So, i propose that the ppl who cant understand what other ppl is talking, ask for a translation or dun read it.

Should we have a reason to learn english?

Qua

You didn't understand the meaning wuta.

If they reply to an english written topic - it means they have some understanding of the english language, but they reply to the person who wrote the topic in spanish. Dimora doesn't go and reply to an English or Spanish thread in Finnish does he?

Just reply to a thread in what language it's supposed to be written in. Eastern/Northern Europe have 0 reason to learn spanish. The Asian players have 0 reason to learn spanish.

It's common courtesy. Important topics are going to be translated anyways, so that everyone knows.

Most understand its annoying, and I actually agree it is annoying for the topic itself to become multi language, yet, not everyone knows english very well, and they try to contribute to the topics issue, by posting a suggestion that at least farjat will understand.

If u guys don't post in other languages, its bcause u do care if anyone else reads what you wrote, but since most arg only care if farjat reads it or not, then they decide to post in spanish.

Also, they don't use translator, because translators actually end up confusing the hole point of what they are trying to say, making them not worthy of usage.

I AGREEE WITH SYNN

if its an english STARTED topic keep it in english or otherwise just PM whoever u wanna talk to

if its a spanish STARTED topic go ahead and talk in spanish

btw..

FunnyGirl speaks english..ive seen him do it all the time.. so dont give the excuse he doesnt know it lol

"If they reply to an english written topic - it means they have some understanding of the english language"

Not necessarily, I have some understanding of Spanish...about one in three words...but there is no way I can compose in Spanish...

then why respond to somethin half *censored* if you dont know exactly what theyre talking about?

you could easily get their meaning mixed up

you arent contributing anything useful if you arent sure of the posters intent

then why respond to somethin half *censored* if you dont know exactly what theyre talking about?

you could easily get their meaning mixed up

you arent contributing anything useful if you arent sure of the posters intent

Exactly, thats why they respond in one way, and not a mixed one, when at least half the people reading will get the message. Thnxs for understanding.

PD: qua, plz make khel come back :P :P :blush:

well i did mean it that way but not exactly the way you took i think king

i mean

i dont care if people talk in Spanish on forums

BUT if someone starts a topic in ENGLISH then they proly dont want people posting in THEIR topic in a language they dont understand

and if a spanish speaking person doesnt understand english well enough to comprehend the POSTER's intent then why would he bother replying to his topic if hes not sure of what the topic creator means...

im pretty sure the POSTER who posts in ENGLISH wants replies in ENGLISH so he can understand people replying to HIS topic

it goes the same way for someone making a topic in Spanish

everyone get it?

well i did mean it that way but not exactly the way you took i think king

i mean

i dont care if people talk in Spanish on forums

BUT if someone starts a topic in ENGLISH then they proly dont want people posting in THEIR topic in a language they dont understand

and if a spanish speaking person doesnt understand english well enough to comprehend the POSTER's intent then why would he bother replying to his topic if hes not sure of what the topic creator means...

im pretty sure the POSTER who posts in ENGLISH wants replies in ENGLISH so he can understand people replying to HIS topic

it goes the same way for someone making a topic in Spanish

everyone get it?

Yea we do get it, but lets say, funnygirl, he does understand english, and he knows how to write in heavily broken english. Most of funnygirl's posts are actually very nice and good suggestions to the issue being discussed, but if he wrote in his ubber broken english, the whole purpose of what he is trying to say would be lost. Thats why he chooses to post in spanish, so at least a few of us can add his suggestion, to the topic discussion.

I understand its annoying, but everyone wants to express themselves, even if only a few can understand them :unsure:

i guess...or try and get someone to translate the meaning of your post so that the person who created the topic can understand too

if i create a topic in english...its my topic and id prefer people responding in english...even tho i understand spanish...but if its someone who speaks 0 spanish its kinda unfair to that person

and i understand spanish and ive seen posts that really have nothing to do with the topic...and are just jokes for other people to read lol...(saying somethin like ohh look at these guys they are bla bla)

I AGREEE WITH SYNN

if its an english STARTED topic keep it in english or otherwise just PM whoever u wanna talk to

if its a spanish STARTED topic go ahead and talk in spanish

btw..

FunnyGirl speaks english..ive seen him do it all the time.. so dont give the excuse he doesnt know it lol

lol, have u seen what funny writes in english? of course he tries, but none can understand what he writes, not even spanish speakers.

I suggest this: when the post was started in english, those who can "write" in english (at least something ppl can understand, like me), post in english... and those who cant write in english, write the post in spanish and ask someone to translate it, i believe there r a lot of spanish-english speakers who read forum everyday and can translate it... right? (like i did when i had time and could read forum everyday and wasnt ban lol)

and when the post wasnt started in english, then write in the language it was started

luvs

trin

i guess...or try and get someone to translate the meaning of your post so that the person who created the topic can understand too

Thats something u should ask to forum admins then, not to the players, its not their job to post in english, and they have the right, stated by scat and farjat, to post in spanish.

Instead of posting: "(insert arg player name) post in english dammit"

U should post: "(insert forum admin name) plz translate"

Thats something u should ask to forum admins then, not to the players, its not their job to post in english, and they have the right, stated by scat and farjat, to post in spanish.

Instead of posting: "(insert arg player name) post in english dammit"

U should post: "(insert forum admin name) plz translate"

arg's arent the only spanish speakers who play this game

anyway no one said someone cant speak in a language

we are just discussing that its nice if you can stick to the language the topic was started in