Sign in to follow this  
Svafnir

Player's Opinion: Nemesis 3 And Buffs

I think buffs needs their own topic...

A lot of people, including me, gave a lot of arguments against buffs icons, buffs timers, buffs WHOLE existence. I could certainly say that 99% of hb players, at least from nemesis, feel these things kills big part of fights. They are just wrong.. they go against HB spirit in many ways..

Historically, staff wont go back on updates, but I think this feature needs to be reconsidered seriously. IMO, they should be deleted 100% from game.. I dont see another way around this.

Hope we can throw some arguments and make something out of it.

Same as Invu shit , that is the worst crap.

Yes, by buffs I also mean invul buffs.

buffs? explain it all please

Theres a feature for certain spells (defensives, and buffs spells) that have an icon at the top right of your screen that show their timing and what you are using. For example, you cast PFM on yourself, then you will see a pfm icon with a timer on it. You can also cancel them by right clicking them ONLY IF you casted them yourself or a friendly player.

This way the old way of timing is sensless if your enemy can cancel his protection without notice, or when you can fight without any worry about your timing. Thats what, in addition to other things, made HB pvp so fun, the amount of stuff you have to pay attention at, and these are the kind of things that make a worse or better player. Its part of the acquired skill.

Edited by Svafnir

Same as Invu shit , that is the worst crap.

Yes, by buffs I also mean invul buffs.

buffs? explain it all please

Theres a feature for certain spells (defensives, and buffs spells) that have an icon at the top right of your screen that show their timing and what you are using. For example, you cast PFM on yourself, then you will see a pfm icon with a timer on it. You can also cancel them by right clicking them ONLY IF you casted them yourself or a friendly player.

This way the old way of timing is sensless if your enemy can cancel his protection without notice, or when you can fight without any worry about your timing. Thats what, in addition to other things, made HB pvp so fun, the amount of stuff you have to pay attention at, and these are the kind of things that make a worse or better player. Its part of the acquired skill.

the "delete" a friend buff sounds good

the exact time may be a problem, but if they just make it change color or something when its "close" to 0 can work fine.

Delete a friend buff is wrong. In that case you can use Cancel.

Besides, learning to aim correctly is part of pvp.. You would cancel a buff a friend gave you under 2 circumstances:

1. He pfa/ds you instead of doing it to the enemy. Thats an error that can make a decisive turn in the fight. If you got pfa/ds by your friend you should wait until its gone, either resisting yourself, with your friends backing up or maybe the enemy dont even notice.

2. You want to re amp/pfm in a specific time. Timing has always been a vital part of fights. Not everyone makes it good, and the ones that do it can control the fight. Allowing it goes against the ones that learned, or not, to fight along the years and fosters crap fights. People backing up, or waiting behind to all get reamped at the same time.. Being unable to keep track of time of your enemy or introducing a "guess fighting" instead of a tactical fighting.

Besides, learning to aim correctly is part of pvp.. You would cancel a buff a friend gave you under 2 circumstances:

1. He pfa/ds you instead of doing it to the enemy. Thats an error that can make a decisive turn in the fight. If you got pfa/ds by your friend you should wait until its gone, either resisting yourself, with your friends backing up or maybe the enemy dont even notice.

2. You want to re amp/pfm in a specific time. Timing has always been a vital part of fights. Not everyone makes it good, and the ones that do it can control the fight. Allowing it goes against the ones that learned, or not, to fight along the years and fosters crap fights. People backing up, or waiting behind to all get reamped at the same time.. Being unable to keep track of time of your enemy or introducing a "guess fighting" instead of a tactical fighting.

We are not removing the buffs. We are fixing some of them yes.

We agreed to leave the counters but to remove the ability to cancel them.

We are not removing the buffs. We are fixing some of them yes.

We agreed to leave the counters but to remove the ability to cancel them.

Correction: remove the ability to cancel PFA, PFM, AMP, GD and GDS. You can still cancel all other buffs such as berserk, invulnerability and other upcomming buffs unrelated to fights.

I want make a box with 15 ppl , but with invulnerability mode destroy that make box or some trap is part of game cant quit that !

I want make a box with 15 ppl , but with invulnerability mode destroy that make box or some trap is part of game cant quit that !

Opposite.

If u box a safe old way only summons can kill enemy.

If u box now. wait invulnerability to go and u have a boxed ek

Opposite.

If u box a safe old way only summons can kill enemy.

If u box now. wait invulnerability to go and u have a boxed ek

Agree on that, boxing can still be done but takes more effort.

People who get scorps hero or camp shop for eks or camp safe zones... that is retarded, that's not EK'ing... that's just very lame to get your EKs together...

We want people to put EFFORT into getting their hero set, to EARN their set, not the lame their sets.

i cant believe what i read seriously , in that box i say We kill guys with very mass items and Rare , who say hero scorp or camp goldies unbelieve! , Farjat por favor razona eso man! ya lo digo en castellano por que se nota que white no juega hace años a esto!

i cant believe what i read seriously , in that box i say We kill guys with very mass items and Rare , who say hero scorp or camp goldies unbelieve! , Farjat por favor razona eso man! ya lo digo en castellano por que se nota que white no juega hace años a esto!

I know more of the ways to play and how game mechanics work than you do my friend, that's why I am the head developer of nemesis, and not you.

I was only referring to scorp hero and shop camping as additional issues regarding PvP.

Making a box/trap and rape the guy who spawns in there requires ZERO skill, it only requires 8 people to make that box/trap. That is why I am also referring to scorp hero & shop camping, both of them require ZERO skill, you just sit all day in the same location waiting for goldies to show up and have them as easy-target.

The point is that you're not putting ANY effort into getting your hero set, everyone can camp, everyone can sit in scorps, everyone can make a box... so taking away those mechanics, only the hard way of obtaining EKs remains, and you're ALL complaining about this because you can't get your "easy hero set" anymore.

Grow some balls and work for your hero set.

P.S. I sound very rude in the post, but i'm just trying to point out that getting a hero set is too damn easy right now and must be harder to get.

I know more of the ways to play and how game mechanics work than you do my friend, that's why I am the head developer of nemesis, and not you.

I was only referring to scorp hero and shop camping as additional issues regarding PvP.

Making a box/trap and rape the guy who spawns in there requires ZERO skill, it only requires 8 people to make that box/trap. That is why I am also referring to scorp hero & shop camping, both of them require ZERO skill, you just sit all day in the same location waiting for goldies to show up and have them as easy-target.

The point is that you're not putting ANY effort into getting your hero set, everyone can camp, everyone can sit in scorps, everyone can make a box... so taking away those mechanics, only the hard way of obtaining EKs remains, and you're ALL complaining about this because you can't get your "easy hero set" anymore.

Grow some balls and work for your hero set.

P.S. I sound very rude in the post, but i'm just trying to point out that getting a hero set is too damn easy right now and must be harder to get.

AMEN! finally some1 that says the things as it should be to those crying because they cant farm the hero set!

sad...long time waiting nem3 and going to be a shit fault of white

Good, I love to ruin your game play simply because I dislike people who whine over the fact that they can't get their hero set the easy way anymore.

You're welcome, and cya in 2030 ^_^ Have a nice life.

sad...long time waiting nem3 and going to be a shit fault of white

Good, I love to ruin your game play simply because I dislike people who whine over the fact that they can't get their hero set the easy way anymore.

You're welcome, and cya in 2030 ^_^ Have a nice life.

haha u ruin the pvp of this game with your's shit...u make this thing for noobs like you who think hb is only kill mobs.

Edited by javiiiiii

i think the bufs icon gave bad hb experience we lost a lot of fun fights when u need time ur self and ur team thats icon and bufs need go out

I agree with Amon whole-heartedly. I didn't play pvp with these additions mind you, but I really wasn't crazy about seeing these additions when I logged on to take a look around. Definitely can't emphasize enough to make canceling the buffs not an option, as this ruins the foundation of PVP and timing. as for the invulnerable buff, I don't like the idea at all.. boxing eks, while not the best eks, are still fun eks. The server can't be all hardcore skills skills skills, or no one will have fun, which is still part of the game idea I believe.

In addition, I'd like to spread some light onto the fact that fragile and corrupted items are taking over neme3. I DON'T LIKE THIS. AT ALL. I seriously can't express my dismay enough towards these kinds of items.. It takes long enough to get anything good while hunting (Yes I understand that these are in addition to normal rares, only with an increased drop rate) but I just can't see myself getting excited about a drop that will disappear eventually.

And I can only assume that the NORMAL rare drop rate will be further decreased.. which if true will mean that hunting will be hard to keep motivated at, since anything good that drops will soon disappear.

I just can't get behind the idea of getting time-limited items.. and If they are extremely prevalent in neme 3 it will really kill the classic hb feel I come to this server for.

Sorry for the rant but I have played here on and off for 5 years now and I want to keep coming back. I love nemesis and still value it more than anyother server, I don't want to see it fail due to non-classic ideas. thank you for listening and please correct me if I am wrong, I would very much like to be wrong on this issue. :)