Sign in to follow this  
Hunter[GM]

No More Dummies At Events

No more dummies will be summoned at events.

People stay in parties, go over 180 and bug their accts which I cannot fix.

So, don't ask for dummies at events anymore. They won't be summoned.

no youre not...that was never the intention of summon events

so...ill just bag summoning the dummies, its very simple to fix

white does not have to do anything, he is busy enough

' date='Jun 8 2010, 08:01 PM' post='322851']

no youre not...that was never the intention of summon events

so...ill just bag summoning the dummies, its very simple to fix

white does not have to do anything, he is busy enough

While dummies certainly were fun, it was a bit over the top at times. I leveled my bmage from 168 to 179 in like 15-20 minutes when I last participated in such event. Ofc I'm happy with the levels I got though! :)

It's great that you're trying to find ways to help those stuck in the 140-180 region. There must be other ways! :)

This is no one's fault but my own...dummies have high exp already and should only be left to the barracks.

not for events where they are made by the dozens.

flames to dust~~ lovers to friends~~ why do all good things come to an end??~~

+1 I'm missing dummin killings ;D

' date='Jun 9 2010, 06:52 PM' post='322984']

lol just reading the topic title again

funny... :P

You cannot prevent em coming to your events! ahahah B)

Or instead of having them in town, move it to farm like you were going to for one of your recent events? Reduced exp, less chance of over-leveling.. just a suggestion, it's really up to you :)

Or instead of having them in town, move it to farm like you were going to for one of your recent events? Reduced exp, less chance of over-leveling.. just a suggestion, it's really up to you :)

i dont think there's gona be a big diff between doing it in town and doing it in farm

i dont think there's gona be a big diff between doing it in town and doing it in farm

Actually, there's a HUGE difference. Hunter did a summon event for Levels 140-179 in farm once, and it wasn't exactly slow, but it was a HUUUUUUGE decrease in EXP from normal.

Still, a lot of people got levels during that event and it was nice for them.

Actually, there's a HUGE difference. Hunter did a summon event for Levels 140-179 in farm once, and it wasn't exactly slow, but it was a HUUUUUUGE decrease in EXP from normal.

Still, a lot of people got levels during that event and it was nice for them.

Exactly, farm reduces exp by alot.

So what's the final ruling after taking that into consideration? Or has it already been settled regardless?

i will consider doing some smaller scale dummy events on farm for level 141-178 players.

But still, the risk is there of them going over 140 so it would have to be done slowly, with only a few players, and another GM to make sure no one goes over.

but ok...it could work yes.

Great, thanks a lot for taking it into consideration.

Hope no further problems result from this.

no other thing but dummyes can be summoned at farm, tho.. the exp from other monsters it would be really low.

ive never had a chance to be in the dummy events, but just mentioned it before the event starts that if someone hits 178 or 179 to STOP or esle their account will be bugged and cannot be fixed

ive never had a chance to be in the dummy events, but just mentioned it before the event starts that if someone hits 178 or 179 to STOP or esle their account will be bugged and cannot be fixed

This is a great point. I've never heard this mentioned at any events.

This is a great point. I've never heard this mentioned at any events.

Hunter has mentioned it before...I guess no one just ever saw it/payed attention to it.