Sign in to follow this  
pnavajas

What If? (dk Flam Upgrades Thing)

Hey guys, team, friends, enemies,

Today I was thinking about the dmg difference between mages and wars, and somewhere along the line the lightbulb over my head turned on :P I was thinking why not create a handycap for wars (and mages too, why not, but affects more the wars), anyways here I go:

As we all know, DK items cannot be upgraded with xels and meriens... but what would happen if, lets say, I can upgrade any DK weapon with Xelima stones, all the way up to +7? (that is, above the +15 you upgrade with majestics) so if you have lets say a dk+15 sword with a +7 bonus (if you ever get that far, of course).

there should be a few conditions for this, the one that pops in my head right now is that your DK item must be at least +10 to be able to make a xelima upgrade, and if upgrade doesnt work, BAM! you lose that DK and xelima.

So that adds some risk to the situation... cuz if you would be able to upgrade a base DK weapon, itll be too easy.

anyways, what do you guys think about this?

ArgonXenon rules!

I suppose it won't really hurt anything, but what person would be stupid enough to risk such a time investment as a +15 DK item?

I don't see this doing anything other than helping people +1 a DK item. (I highly doubt many people will go for +2/3/4/5, etc.)

edit: I could see this being a cool/unique addition to the game --IF-- you were able to upgrade at +0.

i.e., you type /dkset and get your +0 flamberge, and then risk xelima stones on it. You get lucky and make a +3 DK flam over time, and THEN you upgrade it to DK+2+3, then DK+4+3, and so on. Until you've reached DK+15+3.

Let me know if I need to clarify this any better.

-- I don't see this ever happening, but I don't think it'd be a terrible idea.

I suppose it won't really hurt anything, but what person would be stupid enough to risk such a time investment as a +15 DK item?

I don't see this doing anything other than helping people +1 a DK item. (I highly doubt many people will go for +2/3/4/5, etc.)

if you have a vit war, i bet you will make at least 10 DK+10 to risk, as the extra damage will be sustancial and will change your scenario from survivor to predator. ;)

it woulndt be fair if you would be able to upgrade dk+0 because if you have like 50 xelimas, it?ll be possible that youll end up with at least one dk+0+4, without that much effort (above from getting the xelimas, which is unnavoidable anyhow), and not wasting any money. so then all you would have to do is to use majestic points into it... too easy. anyone can do that.

on the other hand, if you are putting at risk some 50 majs at one go, Im sure youll have a serious consideration of what you are doing and risking, but then the extra dmg does the difference, so on the long run, it would be more than great to invest that much time into what could turn into a great weapon... specially for vit wars, who dont cause that much damage nowadays.

will make at least 10 DK+10 to risk

what the hell lol

took me 1 year to achieve 1 dk15 =(

idea is good, but if its implemented i agree with divine, and remember, +1 dont gives MASSIVE damage

wrong section guys, move it to Suggestion plz,

on: DKs r alrady+15.. i think thats a litlle too much..

Ya exepecially for a 130str f/s wepon

compare dk15 sword to a bbh+3/4

bbh >>> dk+15 in critd damage and stripping

its isn't a bad idea but i really dont see this beign added to game

took me about a year to get dk15 aswell

thats exactly the reason why a DK+30 would be the most unique weapon on the server... it is fair that achieving such a weapon should have a great cost (or great risk of losing the effort) that`s the point, really.