Sign in to follow this  
Pray

Just Some Suggestions.

Hello.

Here are some suggestions that might make gameplan more fun.

As i see it right now, pure mages are abit OP (just my opinion).

Many of these suggestions will make mages a litle weaker and warriors a litle stronger.

DK Armor (not wands and swords)

Remove DK armor.

OR

DK armor should be the same as regular BS armor.

With the exeption that it is black.

OR

Put a vit requrement on the armor such as 160 vit to wear.

That way tankers will still benefit from the extra PA and DR.

But it wont be used as much in pvp, epecially mages wouldn't be able use it.

OR

Make DK armor cost alot to repair.

I don't really get why it is free to repair the DK armor.

If it cost 4g per endurance (120k to fully repair an item), people would think twice about wearing it in battle.

And gold would become interesting again.

Hero Chain.

Mages should be able to choose a hero chain instead of the robes.

The robes don't offer as much DR and AP as the chain.

And with the removal/change of DK armor, mages will need more.

A contest could be made for the design of this chain.

The winner gets a hero chain and will be the first on server to have one.

M.Shield Wand.

M.shield wand reduces dmg by 30%.

So if you normaly hit -100 only -70 will dmg the wearer.

But I think that the -30 dmg that was reduced should be reduced from mana instead. Or rather x2 the dmg reduction.

So that if you would have hit -100 -70 will hit the wearer and -60 will be drawn from mana.

This way the player will have to make a choise if the dmg reduction is worth the loss of mana.

Magic missile

Magic missile should have dmg dubbled on the next hit.

So if you normaly hit -10 with a mm then the next hit would be -20 and the hit after that would be -40 and so on.

But if you miss your next mm the dmg will start over again.

In 5 hits you will have done 310 dmg with this calculation.

Since it is quite hard to hit with mm i think this could be fun and challenging.

And mm kills would be something to brag about.

Of course it should only be your own mm that counts, not mm cast by other players.

Lightning Strike and Meteor strike

The dmg of Lightning Strike and Meteor Strike should be increased.

Shields

When running with a shield equipted your running speed is reduced by 10%.

With would mean that if you equipt a shield when fleeing from someone your speed will be reduced and the person/persons that cases you might catch up.

Dex giving critical hits (clean hits).

1 point of dex could give a 0,1% chance to get a critical hit for x1,5 dmg.

Or since we already have something called critical this could be called a "clean" hit.

That way, with 200 dex you get a 20% chance that one of your hits will deal x1,5 dmg.

So in 10 swings with the avarage hit beeing -50 2 of the hits will be -75 dmg instead.

This would give warriors abit of extra dmg.

It can also be diferent chance to get a clean hit depending on what weapon you use.

For instance fencing could have a higher clean hit probability and hammers a litle lower.

King/Queen of Elvine/Aresden

Each week a King/Queen could be elected/selected.

This player would be able to talk to Ares or Elv fraction, much like GMs are able to talk to the whole server.

The purpose of this is so that a player can summon up the whole town for raids or whatnot.

And perhaps the king/queen could get some other benefit aswell.

Such at beeing able to summon a god hands knight ones during their weeks reign.

These are just some thoughs that i had.

Feel free to discuss.

And try to keep the flaming to a minimum. Thanks. :)

The reason dk armor is freee 2 repair is.. If it cost money people would just drop on floor and go to city hall and just type /dkset

I agree with most of what u say. hero robe blows.. wariors need a litle more atack dmg(just put dmg how it should be ........) M shield wants need 2 be lowered drasticly And MS and LS need 2 be spells worth buying

I dont like..

Dont want a spell in circle 1 2 do thatmuch dmg. Id become a 50 mag, 200dex,200vit104 str, 36 int mage(havent calculated just made up stats) All mages would be vit/dex whores. Or just all be wariors who cast mm alot.

dont change speed of running, Even me slowed down by 10% with a shield on i can still run faster then most people n e way(this will just help fps whores and hurt bad fps people)

Dex angel is 2 much math envolved for me 2 read lol

Not 2 crazy about king/queen unless during sades.. would be cool during a sade 2 have a townmate 2 help organize everyone

Dont like any of the ideas but increasing ls dmg, sorry. The game's fine just the way it is. I even think it's been altered way too much on this serv, but as there isn't a better alternative for me, I'm fine with that. Applying ANY of those ideas in my mind could greatly alter the gameplay here & I hope the gm's aren't up for anything quite this radical yet.

I like the ideas, especially the changes for warrs. It's a fact that warrs are weak vs mages, anything with dk armor on really, unless u have xneck insane dmg ring + neck or a hero set (and if u have a heroset there's not really a reason to pvp exept for pure entertainment right?). Warrs are only gonna get weaker once the new spells are implemented with the next patch. Drastic changes have to made to maintain a balance between classes.

Dex should definitely have some bigger part to play then just hitting probability and avoid being hit, many warrs invest 200 points in it and it those are lost when u simply miss a hit. Otherwise dr armor would not be so valueble as it is. I like the clean hit idea.

I dont see the problem with making magic missile strong either, its not like it is easy to achieve the dmg that is mentioned in the post. How often do you hit 4-5 paras in a row? its the same thing with mm. and if u land 4-5 paras in a row u are gonna brag about it :P. For people that like to brag, what better way to kill someone then with magic missile? :P

about running speed i have a question? is there no way to make all run with the same speed? regardless of the computer they are playing on? if so, the -10% running speed when shielded is a great idea, otherwise it wont make much difference for many players, i get outrunned by everyone very easy, -10% speed wouldnt do much, at best it would make them run at the same speed as me :P

PS. lightning strike is a joke.

Warrs are only gonna get weaker once the new spells are implemented with the next patch. Drastic changes have to made to maintain a balance between classes.

These spells are going to be about as rare as canc/esw/inhi... how many of these spells (legit) do you see constantly used ingame now? It's almost the same as if I were to complain about deva dmg... Those spells are going to be VERY rare, using the words of one of our admired GMs :). Hope this makes you at least doubt about DRASTIC changes having to be made..

about running speed i have a question? is there no way to make all run with the same speed? regardless of the computer they are playing on?

I'm not sure how easily this could be done in hb, but there is a way - capping fps to... for example 100? max 150 or so. A lot of games have this, as this REALLY makes a difference when it comes to player vs player gaming... I've given it some thought myself but haven't really gotten as far as to make a topic about it.. and having 350-400 fps at the moment, I don't really feel the need to do so either.

Dont like any of the ideas but increasing ls dmg, sorry. The game's fine just the way it is. I even think it's been altered way too much on this serv, but as there isn't a better alternative for me, I'm fine with that. Applying ANY of those ideas in my mind could greatly alter the gameplay here & I hope the gm's aren't up for anything quite this radical yet.

The only thing thats been altered way 2 much is warrior dmg, Its lower then on the original servers.

It needs 2 be what it was orginally

The only thing thats been altered way 2 much is warrior dmg, Its lower then on the original servers.

It needs 2 be what it was orginally

Well, as far as I know... weapon damages have been screwed with, the hp formula, VERY many official pits etc.

In total as most can see, it's actually made the game A LOT more unstable... I'm still for everything to be as it originally was. I'm not saying it's perfect, I'm saying it's better than the setup here. Higher hp, higher dmg, more actual pits to train in etc. I know the pits were taken from us because the gamemasters dont want too many rares going around and dont want people getting maj pts so fast, but tbh... I don't see how in hell would those items ruin the game for players? So what if there were more rares? So what if people were able to level faster? Those aren't nessecarily bad things. Besides, how CAN there be TOO many rares going around with this kind of droprate.

I'm starting to sound as if I were whining in every suggestion topic etc etc, but it all comes down to - get everything as it was normally meant to be. People are saying "oh it's okay having those pits in hb usa/that dmg in hb usa because everything is slower"... well, by doing this kind of changes, everything gets slower here aswell. What's the point of raising xp rate if there are no pits to train in. What's the point of lowering weapon damages, when there are no weapons that hit high :excl: ? What's the point of lowering hp when weapon damages are lowered aswell?

In total, the results are :

wars hit less, have low hp

mages hit the same, have very low hp

pvp between warrs lasts as long as it used to, because of lower hp AND lower weap dmg

pvp between mage & warr lasts less then it used to, because mages still hit the same

unbalanced game.

What good is this?

Tbh I'd rather have 10x XP and original pits, damages, formulas then what we have at the current moment.

Btw, no need to say "go find a new server if you don't like it..." oh, I like it... I haven't found a better serv to play hb in yet.. I'm just saying it'd save the staff etc A LOT of whining and work if some of these "upgrades" (< which rather seem as downgrades at the moment) were left undone.

Im only going to comment on the dk armor and I would make it a bit diff.

Dk armor would still be black, w/ alot more end the BS armor (goldy armor) but

it would give the same def. pa ect...

Then there would be no issue of shields or mSheilds.

Also would help ballance the game between wars and mages.

Im only going to comment on the dk armor and I would make it a bit diff.

Dk armor would still be black, w/ alot more end the BS armor (goldy armor) but

it would give the same def. pa ect...

Then there would be no issue of shields or mSheilds.

Also would help ballance the game between wars and mages.

Ya dk needs 2 be same defence as knight armor.