Sign in to follow this  
Jaapy

Item Value Compare Tool

Just released a new tool available on our website.

http://www.helbreathnemesis.com/compare-value.php

You can compare item value there. It's based on occurances (rarity) not the strength. You have to weigh in the strength of an item yourself.

If there are any bugs, please let us know.

E.S.W.Manual 1 : 14 KnecklaceOfMedusa

what excactly does that mean?

and whats the point to it if its completely inaccurate?

StormBringer 1 : 1 KnecklaceOfSufferent

i think its a really dangerous thing to have this, as new players may miss interpret it and actually use it to make trades

GiantBattleHammer 1 : 10.6 Grapes

1 giant battle hammer for 11 grapes?

Basically it's for statistical ana_lysis.

In theory, you'd get 1 ESW Manual to drop relative to 14 Medusa Necklaces dropping. Stormbringers would drop about the same as a Necklace of the Sufferent.

Some of the comparisons are just plain silly. Upgraded forms (supercoal, ultracoal, +2 items, etc.) , Dark Knight items, impossible drop items (Medusa Sword), farming items, and other non-droppables should be removed from the list.

Xelima Axe 1 : 1 Mass Fire Strike Manual

gm itens are included on this as there's only 1 x axe and way more MFS

not really because its only counting mfs manuals not ones that have been used

and there aparently is only 1 manual that hasnt been used

but again i must make a firm statement: this is completely useless and can be used to exploit new players.

some new player gets a gbh drop and ask its value.. i offer 20 grapes and tell him to check this tool. the tool says its worth 11 grapes so he trades bsaed off the tool...

Wait so these are actual real-time values of existent items in game on non-GM characters?

There's more than 1 stormbringer for sure, I'm thinking it's a drop chance comparison...

But I guess it could be simplifying the ratios.

a proposal for a better item value compare tool: use a common item (like zem) take a poll and relate every item in (zem) values.

in example:

IE necklace: 250 zems

zerk wand ms10: 200 zems

GBH: 175 zems

xel ring: 175 zems

dragon ring: 35 zems

merein plate: 150 zems

merien shield: 250 zems

xel rapier: 250 zems

storm bringer: 800 zems

E.S.W manual: 800 zems

cancle manual: 750 zems

IP necklace: 80 zems

so then a person who gets an E.S.W manual could look at the list and say... for my manual i can get IE neck, zerk wand ms10,GBH, and xel ring

how can this be used to exploit new players lmao. it simply shows the drop rate of items in this game. i think if they were actually dumb enough to trade gbh for 20 grapes then they deserved to lose it.

Its ok, it just need some field work on it.

Daniel we just should make sure all the GM items are binded and exclude bindeds from compare (seems this is done already) and that will give a real ratio.

About the Manuals. OFC it dont count the manuals that was ALREADY eated.

it looks like a very nice tool jaapy !

P.S. not all my GM's items are bound yet, please bound those that arn't random junk from shop or players :D

I think I got a good explenation on the numbers...

Compare x rapier with zems for example, when I did I got this:

XelimaRapier 1 : 3453.5 ZemstoneofSacrifice

I think it means that for every xelima rapier there is in game, there are also 3453,5 zems in the game...

so if there would exist 100 xelima rapiers in the game, there also would be 345450 zems in the game, it compares it's frequency it appears in the game.

thats why for example a GBH v grapes is bad comparing system, as there are few GBH's, and only few grapes too as they arn't so much used in the game.

Though grapes are way easier to botain then GBH's are, so that makes it a prety bad way to compare them, the usage/need of this item (grapes) is very very very low, and so is the demand of grapes, on the other side the demand of GBH's is high and so is the need of GBH's.

and xelima rapier v zems is a nice compare, the usage, need and demand of those are both very high.

xelima rapier is nor frequent in the game, zems are, both are used ALOT, so trading 3453,5 zems for a rapier would a good trade, zems are used alot and you can buy other items for it, zem becomes my trading item in this case then.

But due to the economics of HB, nobody will trade his xr for 3453,5 zems because they think it's useless :D

though, I like the tool, but do gives a wrong impression comparing certain items against eachother.

E.S.W.Manual 1 : 14 KnecklaceOfMedusa

what excactly does that mean?

and whats the point to it if its completely inaccurate?

StormBringer 1 : 1 KnecklaceOfSufferent

i think its a really dangerous thing to have this, as new players may miss interpret it and actually use it to make trades

GiantBattleHammer 1 : 10.6 Grapes

1 giant battle hammer for 11 grapes?

i agree. it's a dangerous thing to implement but i don know. IMO.

can there be a 0 ratio? as in that the item doesnt exist in the game?

say medusa sword 0 : 3053050 zem?

Sure I'll remove the crap items (or unused items) to avoid scamming. Although the page clearly indicates that the strength of items are not included (nor is the demand of course I should add this). You have to weigh them in yourself. I will try to make this more clear.

The factor showed (like 1:1) doesn't indicate the amount of items ingame. The minimum is always 1. You can't derive the amount of items from this page.

There are no Medusa swords ingame for example, and if you compare it to another item that isn't ingame or only 1 exists then you get 1:1. (Equally rare).

I'll remove Medusa however as you cant get it anyway.

All data from GM chars are excluded! Bound items or not, doesnt matter.

I also think the Zem comparison is most useful, might be in the end that it will become a compare to for just item X towards zem. Dont know yet.

Thanks for feedback so far.

I get the impression that the tool automatically reduces the ratio to the lowest possible.

E.G.: 3 zems: 9 mstones turns into 1 zem: 3 mstones

Is this true of the tool?

I get the impression that the tool automatically reduces the ratio to the lowest possible.

E.G.: 3 zems: 9 mstones turns into 1 zem: 3 mstones

Is this true of the tool?

Of course that's true, the tool shows you the ratio of the value between the items compared.

As I said before, there is no way you can derive the amount of items ingame from this tool.

One of the two items compared obviously always have a "1". It means for every 1 item ingame there are X of the other item ingame.

You can use this value to get a more accurate picture of the value of items. Especially comparing to zems should be handy I guess, especially when the item exchange on web becomes available.

some new player gets a gbh drop and ask its value.. i offer 20 grapes and tell him to check this tool. the tool says its worth 11 grapes so he trades bsaed off the tool...

You're right. I think I'll rename it to "Compare Item Rarity". Also removing the farming stuff. And I'm making it more clear what the value means, and that it isn't the all-deciding-trade-factor. Item strength is not weighted in the calc!!

OK I have changed the page completely. I decided that comparing to Zemstone of Sacrifice is probably the most useful thing to do. So I made a complete realtime list instead of you having to select the item you want.

The list reflects the amount of items ingame compared to the amount of Zemstone of Sacrifice ingame.

This will give you a good indication towards it's rarity.

The thing that struck me the most is that stuff like Stone of Merien is traded for Zem or 2x Zem ingame (I guess?) while they are 7x more Zems than Merien stones ingame.

So this means that the official value of Merien stones will become 7x Zem I guess ^^

OK I have changed the page completely. I decided that comparing to Zemstone of Sacrifice is probably the most useful thing to do. So I made a complete realtime list instead of you having to select the item you want.

The list reflects the amount of items ingame compared to the amount of Zemstone of Sacrifice ingame.

This will give you a good indication towards it's rarity.

The thing that struck me the most is that stuff like Stone of Merien is traded for Zem or 2x Zem ingame (I guess?) while they are 7x more Zems than Merien stones ingame.

So this means that the official value of Merien stones will become 7x Zem I guess ^^

Except you use mstones...and zems have 3 effective uses. Hence the less amount of mstones.

Well, fun to know, but not that usefull really! Anyways good addition.

MagicNecklace(DM+3) 1 : 67.1

MagicNecklace(DM+2) 1 : 67.5

THATS FUNNY! DM2 is more rare than DM3 B)

Nice detail too:

RingofDragonpower 1 : 101

RingofDemonpower 1 : 354.6

Ring of Demonpower is 3.5 times more rate than dragoring, eventhough it does 1 less dmg.

I think demand and question of these items should be taken in account to get an accurate market price.

Good idea and also would be pretty lovely if you could see the traderate of items, like how often they are traded. And well when the Online Item Exchange System is made, if there would be wanted rate meter based on how much ppl are wanting some kind of items :) These things can be though quite effortfull to do ^_^

I like this idea:

What I'd really love to see though is a "market value" estimate of items (e.g. what that item has traded for in the past).

Naturally though players could bias this by doing fake trades, but perhaps if trades didn't show up if item was traded more than once a week or a fortnight or something - it could be a good indication of value.

But there's privacy issues there, people may not want others to know what they traded.