Sign in to follow this  
Lythium

About Recall

Today i was seeing alot of people saying that is a crap to fight a guy for more then 1 hour and the guy just recalls in hes face. From my experience i think is a sh1t situation to, because u waste 1 hour and u just see the guy recaling in ur face :S praticly joking with u..

So i was thinking.. IMO to kill a guy lvl 120 with this 5 seconds recal is lame and u probably would get hero set realy fast, but.. if we use this 5 seconds to recall with out taking dmg only on lvls 180s i think it could be like 50% of the solution because if u run u still can recall, but its harder so if u start fighting knowing that if he gets hits he needs to wait 5 secs to recall it would probably stop the 50% cases of people fighting other people for 2 hours and then just recall.. Let ur opinion about this subject plz, thank you. I know that alot of people sugessted about the time recall, but this sugest is quite diferent because it will only applie to guys lvls 180s, because with low lvls this would be like ek lamming..

It's been discussed before. I'm always half and half on it.

Yes I'd kind of like to see a 5 second damage timer or something, but to be honest, it's not needed. It's a group warfare game, adjust your strategy to account for recall. I've had a lot of people recall on me, it makes those times when I actually get them much better.

Also because 5 seconds is harder to gauge a lot of players will "waste a cast" on recall, when they normally would have been successful. This may not sound like a big deal but it's probably about as frustrating as recalling in enemy town (or abaddon) to find out you can't. So we have to think about that too.

this rule might benefict mages, remember that a mage/war can run from a war for 5 secs to recall easy, but u cant run from a mage without getting hitted (unless he has a horrible aim)

Lythiun no you r not equal with a bow... that is balony. Why dont you take Gimlims' opinion and think about it... he told it like it is.

bow is not = to AB or blizz or meteor strike etc etc..

Plus you cannot force people to adjust their playing style or what there intentions are at any given time - just because you wanna EK and you want them not to run..

5s damage cooldown and making it not to work when you try to recall from para for 180lvls, please :)

It benefits every1, because so many times mages recalls straight away whilte getting paralyzed after long fight or warriors pulls incredible recall after taking 12 blizzes from mages 2 paras and is frozen while 3 guys are critting him.

many of this kinda "make my ek'ing more easy please" topic have come up, and as always same response:

NO, we do not do this, recalls stays the way it is right now.

My sugestion is this idea to be only applied to lvl 180s, not lowers then 180 how is it a ek lame :S? u can still recallbut will be harder and the other guy has more chances to not waste 2 hours for nothing. If it was a making" my ek more easy plz" it would be applied to low lvls to. I would not sugest this if it was for all lvls because killing low lvls in this way i think is lamme

u can still recallbut will be harder

So by making it harder for the enemy to escape you are... Making eking easier.

Ya but when u release 2-3 crits to some1's back, he still can do recall coz he started to cast it before he took the crits. And then u r like wtf? I think the main problem here is that.

So by making it harder for the enemy to escape you are... Making eking easier.

Making ek easier? Alot of people wouldnt be able even to kill 1vs1 with this 5 seconds to recall, but there is not other option to this situation when u fight 1vs1 1 hour and after that the other guy recalls in ur face, I think people that say this comments are the people that recall 1vs1 after 1 hour. I jsut dont understhand is a zem worth that much? :S or is funny to recall after 1 our of 1vs1 fight :S? plz explain to me because i realy dont understhand.

I can see how it would be annoying for you to fight someone for an hour only to have them recall, but thats the risk you take "PVP"ing people. Its a system of trusting the other player to stick to the rules. If you dont like it, stop pvping everyone you see, or just stick to PVPing trusted people.

I myself am victim to the problem where I launch crits into a mages back only to see them recall with ease, the delay that I have which I am told is the reason for this is just something I have to work around and counter. I dont expect the GM's to change the game mechanics because I have delay, that would make the game easier, eks are already farily easy to come by for a lot of people, do we need to make eking easier?

I jsut dont understhand is a zem worth that much?

By the way, its not the zem that they are trying to protect, its their ek.

Vamp is right, its not about zems, its about the pride loss from dying.

I guess its just too bad to step down from their pride and die when you really should.

Mostly ppl who are against this are those who would recall if they are dying or outnumbered. If you are about to die on 180lvl char, then you should also die istead of recalling. Because I'm sure that then you couldve had done something better or you had been just rolled so badly that you should be able to just say 'wow, What was nice, I gave everything but it just wasnt enough'.

There is only very few arguments why this would be a bad thing:

1) You could kill noobs easier, which why it should have that 180lvl limit. That is a very nice idea.

2) You would not be able to recall from monsters hitting you. Well this one is just to be lived with and to get used to. OR you could make it so that the cooldown only affects if you have been hit by a player.

If this would be implemented, it would be also easier to see who are the guys with balls and skill to fight without recalling.

PS. In my opinnion its also stupid to deny the idea straightaway by the gms, especially as this suggestion is an evolved one compared to old ones, because by that way you are only limiting the free speech and hence nice ideas.

Is not true that those who dont like this idea is because they recall, i do believe they are thinking on the best for the server.

Same with those who like this idea, at every topic where this idea was suggested and players agreed, i have see them (or most, except to Zoro real user) recalling when they were going to die or didnt like the situation.

----

I play this game because i like the pvp (PlayerS vs PlayerS), i dont hunt or train.

If i have to run because im with no pots against 20 ppls, i do it, but i would never recall on someone screen... if i die lagged i just laugh because i dont care, because is how I choice to play this game. And still a lot of players recall from me or my raid group and is frustrating. However nobody should be forced to fight... they should choice to play the game as they want, hunting, trainning, trading or w/e (that is the Role part left on this game) with out breaking any rule.

Wich i dont like:

- News players trying to recall, they cant and die... they dont know why and they will not know why they couldnt recall if they dont ask to someone. Why would they imagine or realize it was because of the damage if the recall has been allways like this (the way it is now).

- Someone who is trainning, with no items, with few pots and 2 mages jump on him. Why is he suposed to stay and die? he has no intention to fight, he didnt start a fight, and still... he probably will die since 2 mages blizzing will not give him the 5 seconds needed.

This idea is pointed to those who recall on fights or pvps [Probably when you think at this idea you are thinking on someone who read the forum and will notice this update if it is applied], but affect to everyone... like the ones who dont want to fight and just train looking for items. And lets be honest, those who fights have the minimum skill or items to still recall waiting the 5 seconds cooldown.

I would prefer to choice an idea like: "You are not able to recall or log out when you are paralized or holded" and still wouldnt be a perfect idea.

- News players trying to recall, they cant and die... they dont know why and they will not know why they couldnt recall if they dont ask to someone. Why would they imagine or realize it was because of the damage if the recall has been allways like this (the way it is now).

I think that its not realy a problem, people find out everything from friends, from asking others persons, I see alot people asking things and all people answer, and people check forum and updates etc.. with every upadte people ask questions or eventually find out that there is a new thing.

- Someone who is trainning, with no items, with few pots and 2 mages jump on him. Why is he suposed to stay and die? he has no intention to fight, he didnt start a fight, and still... he probably will die since 2 mages blizzing will not give him the 5 seconds needed.

Lol is 2 mages jumps on a guy training ,even if he have items or pots even if he have 200 vit if the mages blizz him in line and dont stop blizz i garantue that no1 survives lool i know because i used to raid like that and i see alot of guys doing it , I even saw 2 mages pl raiders doing it killing any war..

IMO this idea wont make this server a fruit server like the others, on others server u die so fast that u cant even cast normal recall lool,this idea would just make people fight more and get some balls or just run safe but they have chances to die trying to run to safe.I think it doesnt hurt trying and if it doesnt work it can just been take out, this idea would increase the pvp on the server, i think people hunt to get items to use them on pvp, for example mr/ma/hp/mp weopans etc..

Not everyone hunts for items to use in PVP, there are some people who ONLY like the PVE part of the game.

As for myself, I personally almost NEVER PVP on my warrior, because I know I suck with warriors in PVP. For that reason, if I see an Aresden coming after me while I'm on my war, I'll usually just run away, and if they're too fast for me to run away from, I'll just recall. I'd really rather recall and listen to their whining than spend 30 minutes PVPing just to end up dying.

Adding that 5 second rule will really cut back on me being able to enjoy the game with my warrior, because if I have two mages or a mage and a warrior running after me, constantly hitting me, then I'll have NO chance to recall at all. However long it takes me to run away from them or die will just be a huge amount of wasted time in my eyes, because I didn't want to PVP on my warrior in the first place.

dont take bad my point view but what is the point of waisting alot time pve and then dont use the items on pvp :|?if a person pve alot get mass sets and items and still dont pvp ? so why so much items >.<? i understhand that hp/mp is very good for pve but still.. :|

I do not understand why this would not be changed. From personal experience, there are VERY FEW situations in which you have no other option to evade death besides recall. It is very hard to raid on a warrior, knowing that 1 cast can stop you from getting an ek, this is a little different than a mage cause mages have blizz, a damage spell that also freezes. A big thing that I have always argued against, 15 second para, already cripples warriors enough. Noone likes to be eking, have someone recall and pm you "jaja 10 hp noob", its annoying and unnecessary.

My solution, as previously mentioned, make it so you cannot recall within 10 seconds of damage if you are above level 150. At level 150 you can properly defend yourself, and have enough stat points to evade death by other means. To ignore this problem is to live in ignorance of whats going on in the server.

Recall is part of the game, get over it.

Noone likes it when other people recall but when your almost dead, you dont mind recall yourself.

Recall is part of the game, get over it.

Noone likes it when other people recall but when your almost dead, you dont mind recall yourself.

well said.

I hate the mages that blizz me, then run and invis. but we arent going to get rid of invis are we ?

This server gloats claiming it is a PvP server no? I dont see the harm in testing it for a month or so, if the majority of the community dislikes it, you can change it back to what it was. Theres no reason not to give it a chance.