Sign in to follow this  
locobans

Mailing/message System

Hello,

I was thinking that a mailing/offline messages system could be implemented. This new system will save character's messages that are left while character's OFFLINE, so when he logs in (just as the welcome pop up) a pop up will show up saying how many new messages and blah blah the character has.

Also it could be saved for xx amount of time then automatically delete... or players can delete messages too...so it don't get FULL.

What you guys think? ;)

I remember it was being made/almost working on HBII, a mailbox system with a mailbox next to WH

Not sure if Jaapy was the one that coded it.

Scat had the same idea, You ran a server before... Do you know how to do it? or any idea?

My thoughts...

Since you know character files are saved as .txt files, I d say to add a few lines at the end of the .txt file of each character and this lines will be read by HGServer when player request to log in as it does with all the rest of the info.

Since you guys have client source, I guess could set up a pop up window from...let's say Devlin (guy outside wh) or via commands (but a window will look more professional).

So when someone leave a msg to a specific character, HGServer will add and save the information into character.txt file. Instead of "Welcome To Nemesis" add a pop up saying "You have xx new mail." And it's menu to navigate through it.

Also...Could be something like CTRL+M to bring up the mail window so you won't have to go adding it into a NPC and people can pull it up from anywhere ;)

There's a lot of stuff that should be taken into consideration ^_^

And yeah this was trying to be implemented if not implemented in HBII

;)

I have the order to code this, though coding this "outside" the HG (= not touching hgserver source) makes it extremly hard to likely impossible.

an "inside" coding would be nice to apply, makes it easy and would make the system awesome.

I have the order to code this, though coding this "outside" the HG (= not touching hgserver source) makes it extremly hard to likely impossible.

an "inside" coding would be nice to apply, makes it easy and would make the system awesome.

Wow...does that includes outside WorldServer too?...cause it has to have some code server side...

Unless when client logs in, it request/gets the information (charactermails files) from a specific folder in...let's say the server hosting the website ;)

I remember it was being made/almost working on HBII, a mailbox system with a mailbox next to WH

Yup :-) Hi o/

Yup :-) Hi o/

Hi daniel :D

QUOTE(Moha @ Mar 18 2009, 08:43 AM)

please just give us correct drops in webpage

lets have priorities? :S

Done: updated creatures 1st drops

Is there a way to add in a mass-mailing system for the Admins to notify players of Upcoming Events/other things?

Although, there could be problems with players getting the same mail message on EVERY character they own, which could get rather annoying to delete them all.

Any ideas on that?

Maybe making to add those post to account. I mean if u get a message to one char of ur account u can read those messages on other char which is on same account.

if ppl wana know about anything they should use forum

if you wana leave a message at someone it should be done at forum

I know what u mean but there r some problems. 1st: every1 doesnt use forum(dunno why). 2nd: forums message box has limit and on some ppl it is full.

Hello,

I was thinking that a mailing/offline messages system could be implemented. This new system will save character's messages that are left while character's OFFLINE, so when he logs in (just as the welcome pop up) a pop up will show up saying how many new messages and blah blah the character has.

Also it could be saved for xx amount of time then automatically delete... or players can delete messages too...so it don't get FULL.

What you guys think? ;)

helbreath is very much like aim or msn, its instant messaging, i dont think there is a need for off line messaging

I know what u mean but there r some problems. 1st: every1 doesnt use forum(dunno why). 2nd: forums message box has limit and on some ppl it is full.

well ppl gms should add a message like 1 time every hour saying go to forum check out updates and events

also clearing inbox isnt hard at all:S

well ppl gms should add a message like 1 time every hour saying go to forum check out updates and events

Thats good suggestion, like in cod4 server, there is console which says visit our website. I think that would work.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I still got the pak files Daniel ;) So if you are ever planning on implanting this, ask me for the pak file if you dont have them anymore!

Sweeet !! I lost them already, great that u saved it