Sign in to follow this  
Cleanser

Speed Bug Abusers

I don't think its required to mention how said speed bug occurs, I think most people know by now what this refers to.

The abuse of this bug / "feature" has gotten to the point that most people do not even bother to fight (as chasing someone will usually result in them abusing bug and disappearing away from the chase).

People EKing in game are basically HIT and RUN Ekers.. they EK noobs and when people come to fight they just run away using this abuse to run safe / to log / to some way off screen area.

in my opinion this has almost completely ruined the point of this game: fighting.

I am not sure if there is a way to client side fix the problem... by disabling certain keys or something...

But, there is a way to fix the problem with rules and enforcement.

I was discussing with Hunter that perhaps GMs could start following random players at random raid times through teleporting and watching them. This bug abuse is not difficult to spot, in fact it is easily identified by the movement of the abuser's wand / sword. Perhaps punishment could be like: 1st offense 3 hour BI ban, 2nd offense 24 hour BI ban, 3rd offense 1 week game ban. I feel that once an example is made of players who abuse and some enforcement of policy is in place abusers will reduce their habit.

Edited to avoid more flame. Squall

I'd prefer a game fix than a punishment fix though.

I don't necessarily want an FPS cap on HB, but it looks like it's heading that way. I do like variable speeds, I just like a constant variable speed, this makes people faster than they are meant to go.

I dont use it EVER maybe when im messing about with my guild. But if you ever see me use it in a fight your eyes are faulty.

See blablabla was in elvine and he should of died 20 mins before he actually did. He uses a macro and flys off. People was going crazy in elvine chat saying well if he uses it i am.

Snow ball effect but yeh its a joke.

O and one more thing. This bug has been about since hb started im sure, i wonder how many people knew and have kept it a secret. Thats my only concern.

I dont use it EVER maybe when im messing about with my guild. But if you ever see me use it in a fight your eyes are faulty.

See Insert a name was in elvine and he should of died 20 mins before he actually did. He uses a macro and flys off. People was going crazy in elvine chat saying well if he uses it i am.

O and one more thing. This bug has been about since hb started im sure, i wonder how many people knew and have kept it a secret. Thats my only concern.

sad to hear, but like I said I only know people I chase. I also have never used and I also refuse but at some point I'll either stop playing completely from being annoyed or use it myself..

Well, I think it is important to call these losers out on their ways.

From what I've seen of insert a name, he doesn't use a speed bug. He lags mass and I've seen him disappear and then re-appear in another spot - but I've done that myself when lagging. It's impossible at times to play with that kind of lag.

I've seen lots of aresden players abuse speed bugs as well. Never bothered reporting them, because all they did was run - i.e. wasn't any threat in pvp.

One moment you see them and the next, they are two screens away from just running at bug abuse speed.

See Insert a name was in elvine and he should of died 20 mins before he actually did. He uses a macro and flys off. People was going crazy in elvine chat saying well if he uses it i am.

Told you it worked ;) Can't believe you told me it was BS, hehe.

I can't wait till its fixed personally.

Drainning 100 SP when they change mode, even if they use a pgp, would work.

Yeah it'd be a fix, but there'd be some issues with that.

Entering a map, a mage starts in peace, casts, and it goes back to peace mode. There goes 300 SP :P

Because of the amount of spam they do a lower drain amount might work (to at least decrease the problem).

please keep the flaming to a minimum

Exactly or will have to close it and make some ban from forums.

In the same way, lets not acuse anyone... just use this topic to drop some ideas.

If anyone have an idea, throw it.

100SP was just an example, could be 25, 50 or w/e

Solution Idea 1:

Remove peace mode entirely. Make it so parties and trades can be made with people in attack mode.

Solution Idea 2:

Make it so ANY time F2-F4 are pressed, the character automatically performs a (0,0) , right click, spell cast. Stops the person from moving while using the F magic hot-keys.

Solution Idea 1:

Remove peace mode entirely. Make it so parties and trades can be made with people in attack mode.

Solution Idea 2:

Make it so ANY time F2-F4 are pressed, the character automatically performs a (0,0) , right click, spell cast. Stops the person from moving while using the F magic hot-keys.

Thats the one.

Sol. 1: You can abuse of it doing consecutive "exchanges" on your enemys. After one lize or if he is a war hitting in the same place.

Sol. 2: If you hold the Left click the Right Click doesnt work.

If you make the Right click works even when you hold the Left click, it will be a pain on those mages who Bind tower+m.shield on F2-F3.

Perhaps to force the Character cast a Magic spell even when they hold the Left click, in the same way that you cast when you are running with out holding down the Left click.

Perhaps to force the Character cast a Magic spell even when they hold the Left click, in the same way that you cast when you are running with out holding down the Left click.

That would be good, pressing F4 should make you cast.

What about making the switch cost exponentially more if you use it fast?

So if you switch normally, SP is not drained. But when switched within 1 second, SP removal is exponentially increased (^2), so something like

1st = 0 SP, 2nd = 2 SP, 3rd = 8 SP, 4th = 32 SP, 5th= 256 SP... etc

What about making the switch cost exponentially more if you use it fast?

So if you switch normally, SP is not drained. But when switched within 1 second, SP removal is exponentially increased (^2), so something like

1st = 0 SP, 2nd = 2 SP, 3rd = 8 SP, 4th = 32 SP, 5th= 256 SP... etc

The problem could be that you can manage the Tab-Bug to escape with out losing a huge amount of SP.

Lets say they use IE Sword on you, you press Tab*3, wait a second, Tab*3, wait a second, Etc... till you are out of their screen and then you run in a normal speed since there is no way they can catch you when you are far enought. Then, if you do it 5 times(the tab*3+wait a second) = 5*(2+8)= 50SP. I know your numbers were only an example :P but the point is you would abuse of the tab-bug with a less frecuency but you still do it.

-Drainning SP seems to be one of the Fix (Exponentially perhaps as jaapy sayed)

-When you change map you should not pass on Peace mode (To avoid the first SP penalty when you do your first cast, also it will stop the old trick with the exchange when you camp TP/RH/EF)

-Going to Peace mode doing a /peace command as Rogue sayed, is it posible?

-Force you to cast if you press a hot-key with a magic even if you hold the Left click

More ideas?

Btw, i know most of the mages cast on peace mode... Sometimes I still do it even when i dont want and i know it is faster to cast on attack mode!!

can the "tab" key simply be unrecognized by the server? why does anyone need to hit tab anyway?

and Jaapy -you the one most likely creating some coding fix.. is your SP drain idea even possible? you tell us what YOU can do :)

can the "tab" key simply be unrecognized by the server? why does anyone need to hit tab anyway?

and Jaapy -you the one most likely creating some coding fix.. is your SP drain idea even possible? you tell us what YOU can do :)

I can do anything YOU can come up with :-)

The server doesn't recognize that you pressed TAB. TAB switches peace mode, so the client sends a peace mode change request to server just like when you click on the attack icon (is technically the same).

Disabling TAB entirely *is* an option, since you can still click the icon right? No need for /peace then... since clicking the icon will be faster.

yeh draining sp wouldnt work at all.

People mainly use it to evade death so even if you make it drain sp they can use rev pots to get away.

yeh draining sp wouldnt work at all.

People mainly use it to evade death so even if you make it drain sp they can use rev pots to get away.

Right... who would carry a full bag of SP pots?

When we make it like so:

1st time press tab: nothing happens

2nd time within 1 second of 1st: 10 SP

3rd time within 2 second of 2nd: 100 SP

4th time within 4 second of 3rd: 1000 SP

5th time within 8 second of 4th: 10000 SP

Normal peace/attack mode usage will drain 0 SP from you. Spamming TAB will drain all your SP. It will prevent the usability of this bug.

I can do anything YOU can come up with :-)

The server doesn't recognize that you pressed TAB. TAB switches peace mode, so the client sends a peace mode change request to server just like when you click on the attack icon (is technically the same).

Disabling TAB entirely *is* an option, since you can still click the icon right? No need for /peace then... since clicking the icon will be faster.

Actually it might be the best solution, since if you click on the Icon and you press F2/3/4 you will stop to cast. The bug will not work.

The problem could be for those who like to cast on peace mode, or those who like to run in peace mode and switch fast to attack mode to hit.