Sign in to follow this  
Cleanser

Speed Bug Abusers

can the "tab" key simply be unrecognized by the server? why does anyone need to hit tab anyway?

and Jaapy -you the one most likely creating some coding fix.. is your SP drain idea even possible? you tell us what YOU can do :)

I can do anything YOU can come up with :-)

The server doesn't recognize that you pressed TAB. TAB switches peace mode, so the client sends a peace mode change request to server just like when you click on the attack icon (is technically the same).

Disabling TAB entirely *is* an option, since you can still click the icon right? No need for /peace then... since clicking the icon will be faster.

Actually it might be the best solution, since if you click on the Icon and you press F2/3/4 you will stop to cast. The bug will not work.

The problem could be for those who like to cast on peace mode, or those who like to run in peace mode and switch fast to attack mode to hit.

sucks for them then? there is no reason to do that other then to be a flashy retard or create some sense of I'm cool.

disabling the tab button doesn't effect game play because the client has an icon to switch modes

I would love to be able to help with Ideas but as dumb as this sounds I don't know what the tab "glitch" is. I know it makes you run faster or something from these posts so word doesn't get out and others abuse it could someone PM me unless a idea is decided I would love to try and give some input I just need to know whats being talked about :P. Like I said earlier I mainly PvM so telling me will not advantage me in any ways if you don't trust me that is completly understandable I know im still "new" here : )

I would love to be able to help with Ideas but as dumb as this sounds I don't know what the tab "glitch" is. I know it makes you run faster or something from these posts so word doesn't get out and others abuse it could someone PM me unless a idea is decided I would love to try and give some input I just need to know whats being talked about :P. Like I said earlier I mainly PvM so telling me will not advantage me in any ways if you don't trust me that is completly understandable I know im still "new" here : )

It's a dumb exploit that won't save you in PvM :(

I do see a disadvantage to warrior and mage play in disabling the tab key, I use tab a lot, as sometimes I have to peace while continuing to cast/heal etc (e.g. in a wyv hunt when someone has to leave then come back), or when I TP and there are people to attack right at the TP, running (to avoid para) and switching to attack mode (to strike) at the same time are necessary.

Beats me. Honestly I dislike it, but I don't want it fixed at the expense of regular gameplay.

As far as I know the examples you gave are doable with just the attack icon. Of course it's not as fast, but it's still doable. You just need to get used to it a bit I guess.

So far, chances are good we are disabling TAB hotkey during the next client update.

As far as I know the examples you gave are doable with just the attack icon. Of course it's not as fast, but it's still doable. You just need to get used to it a bit I guess.

So far, chances are good we are disabling TAB hotkey during the next client update.

Guess it's probably worthwhile :( I'll miss it though.

when you are tabbing during a hunt, as a mage, you also dont require huge does of sp

so even if you use it incorrectly bottom line is loss of 10 sp here and there, no big deal

Ive tried "tabbing" to run faster and im still slow as molasses.

Everyone on server races past me :unsure:

be my lover? :wub:

' date='Jan 20 2009, 09:21 PM' post='249106']

when you are tabbing during a hunt, as a mage, you also dont require huge does of sp

so even if you use it incorrectly bottom line is loss of 10 sp here and there, no big deal

Ive tried "tabbing" to run faster and im still slow as molasses.

Everyone on server races past me :unsure:

Did you macro it?

I've tried pressing it without a macro (for the tab+f4 combination) and it actually had the adverse effect of slowing me down. However, I've seen the people that use a macro with it, and they are phenomenally fast.

Try again, and tell me if you get any gains from it Hunter.

I do it without macro and I'm able to run significantly faster with it.

I've seen it WITH macro too, and that's just *too* fast!! Wowzzz!

I am against removing the Tab button.

Dont misundertand me, i want these bug away as i didnt even knew it existed until now. And if something that i didnt knew even existed is out, then better.

The thing is that tab button is always in use. ALWAYS!

I think that i have not clicked the attack button even once since i learnt about the tab button.

Maybe you dont notice, but im pretty sure you are not always on attack position right?

And also, what a new player will think?

He comes, press tab, sees that attack mode is the same. Do you know how many times will you have to answear that tab button is disabled and that hes not bugued and that he should test server?

I know i am not giving any solution to it. There are already some good ones like the tab pressing between secs or something like that, but please... dont remove it from the game.

I am against removing the Tab button.

Dont misundertand me, i want these bug away as i didnt even knew it existed until now. And if something that i didnt knew even existed is out, then better.

The thing is that tab button is always in use. ALWAYS!

I think that i have not clicked the attack button even once since i learnt about the tab button.

Maybe you dont notice, but im pretty sure you are not always on attack position right?

And also, what a new player will think?

He comes, press tab, sees that attack mode is the same. Do you know how many times will you have to answear that tab button is disabled and that hes not bugued and that he should test server?

I know i am not giving any solution to it. There are already some good ones like the tab pressing between secs or something like that, but please... dont remove it from the game.

You once learned to use tab, you will learn to use the icon now.. its not a big deal. I use the tab also, cause it seems more simple to me, but its not increasing the amount of work I need to do for peace mode if I gotta hit the icon.

And there can be note about tab key being disabled in the main page, so there wont be any problems with the new players either.

Oh and great job Jaapy =) once again!

Or maybe allow TAB key to be used once in a second?

I'm am trying to follow all this but not very successfully. Am I to understand that by pressing the tab and coming out of attack mode I can run faster, thus escaping all those nasty Aresden people who kill me?

Also while being "DUH" of the week. Can I ask... Warriors can attack while on the run (dash) Can Mages do this too?

Or make it easy to track.

Anyone who uses it gets banned for a week the first time.

Anyone who uses it a second time gets perm banned.

That would work aswell.

Or you can use it for 2 times or so (2 times in 1 or 2 seconds) before it starts draining your sp. Sometimes you need to press tab couple of times when bumbed to "release" yourself.

Make it two times a second please Jaapy, or some restriction like that. That'd be fantastic (so when you bump disappear you can still save yourself, but so people can't abuse it for speed).

I'd love to still have the tab key ingame, just restrictions on the abusers are most welcome!

Dont get whats the big deal of disabling the tab key completely.. well however if you allow it to be used once in a second, you can still use this bug.

And eldon when getting bumped.. u can aswell click the icon twice, dont need to hit tab.

Dont get whats the big deal of releasing the tab key completely.. well however if you allow it to be used once in a second, you can still use this bug.

And eldon when getting bumped.. u can aswell click the icon twice, dont need to hit tab.

Think it takes far more spamming than that to be that fast, but I'm sure theres some sort of restriction that could be used on the rate of pressing that would stop the speed increase.

I'd prefer a solution like this, simply because I could easily learn to click the icon, but it will never be anywhere near as fast as pressing tab (people will get para'd far more often I'm guessing + gameplay won't be quite as smooth).

If it's possible, I'd like that kind of solution, that's all :)

definitely what ever they do will change the game. The main issue that i see with taking the tab key away is the bump/not seeing yourself issue where you have to change mode 3-4 times to get out. certainly having to click the key (sword key) that fast then click to where you have to go will take alot longer to get away from that bug and probably making you more vulnerable to die to it.

If there is some way to make it so when you use the F keys it would be like making it so right before it casts the spell it auto Right Clicks so it makes you stop where you are before the cast? That i think would be the best way to solve it and im pretty sure jaapy can find a way to make this work =x.

definitely what ever they do will change the game. The main issue that i see with taking the tab key away is the bump/not seeing yourself issue where you have to change mode 3-4 times to get out. certainly having to click the key (sword key) that fast then click to where you have to go will take alot longer to get away from that bug and probably making you more vulnerable to die to it.

If there is some way to make it so when you use the F keys it would be like making it so right before it casts the spell it auto Right Clicks so it makes you stop where you are before the cast? That i think would be the best way to solve it and im pretty sure jaapy can find a way to make this work =x.

well for those of us that actually have skill and shield cast with shield bound to f2 or f3... welll

no ur idea doesnt work

My idea is flawless........ Make it so gms can track it via the logs.

Get caught = 1 week ban

Get caught again = perm ban.

No one who wants to play nemesis will abuse it. Simpe No changes no nothing. ^^^

I don't think the logs show how many times someone pressed tab.

What about making it so if you press F4 while holding the left mouse it will stop you and cast? I dunno if that's possible, but I rather have it like that instead of taking away tab. And it wouldn't bother shield casters, since it only affects F4.

I don't think the logs show how many times someone pressed tab.

What about making it so if you press F4 while holding the left mouse it will stop you and cast? I dunno if that's possible, but I rather have it like that instead of taking away tab. And it wouldn't bother shield casters, since it only affects F4.

bug works the same with f2 and 3

the minimal side effects to fix such a impacting bug are so small i can't believe anyone has a protest