Sign in to follow this  
MrBader

Nomad Play Mode

Fun Idea I had, make a new play mode as Nomad or something similar kind of like a third town without the town. This player type can enter either town on any day but appears as enemy to anyone except those in their guild.

If this idea is dumb would love to hear some ideas to mix it up a little bit.

And how come nothing ever happened with the contest where we came up with ideas to change Helbreath? There were some really cool ideas.

That'd be kinda interesting....be able to enter any building, and anyone could kill you for an EK, or you could kill anyone else for an EK (as long as the levels are right).

You'd get a bit of a piracy guild - perfect for griefers (I'd certainly join lol!). You'd have to figure out logistics like where people recall, what happens in crusade (a third town is apparently very difficult to code as two towns are basically entrenched into the game).

Personally I'd like to see a third town with green and gold hero, that enters ML from that island on the left hand side. But that's just me.

Then we could rename the towns Harkonnen, Artredies etc :D

Yeah I suggested the third town thing when Hunter had that contest going on. I think would be really cool. But at the same time I would hate to hear the complaining after two towns teamed up against the third. I would join for sure especially with the Packers colors green and gold.

Nomad play mode would be cool I think and coding I would imagine would be much easier than adding a third town.

i would be in, i think it would be cool to be able to kill or be killed by either side.

you have to be careful ninja would be everywhere. :ph34r:

Nomad revive in middleland mines and recalls to middleland mines (halfway between each town)

also since they are nomads they take added risk of revivnig / recalling to a semi unsafe area

oh id so be a nomad

Nomad revive in middleland mines and recalls to middleland mines (halfway between each town)

also since they are nomads they take added risk of revivnig / recalling to a semi unsafe area

oh id so be a nomad

I think you mean promad.

I think a safe revival zone would have to be thought of would be an item fest for people camping the nomad revival zone. Or I suppose all no mads would just have to always double zem

I think a safe revival zone would have to be thought of would be an item fest for people camping the nomad revival zone. Or I suppose all no mads would just have to always double zem

Middleland Mine has a huge huge safe zone.

it would be very cool only problem would be i think most everyone would want to join the nomads.

I certainly would.

It'd have to be a "make new character" thing, not a town transfer thing also.

Honestly, a third town would work a lot better, if it was ever able to be coded into the game. I have all faith that Nemesis is the future of HB though, and I'm really happy with the game as it is now.

it would be very cool only problem would be i think most everyone would want to join the nomads.

I certainly would.

It'd have to be a "make new character" thing, not a town transfer thing also.

Honestly, a third town would work a lot better, if it was ever able to be coded into the game. I have all faith that Nemesis is the future of HB though, and I'm really happy with the game as it is now.

ehejejejejieijaijaeijiaeji

your talking about a whole different game

sad but true

Idea is great but 10 years late, there are not enough players to make third town. It would bring big balance problems.

I also think all the towns should be somehow modified because those "old stupid towns" would seem so stupid when there is this new fancy one... (and did u hear they got green gold hero armors!!!) - COOL

If we had 4 times more players it could be propably done without huge problems.

You'd get a bit of a piracy guild - perfect for griefers (I'd certainly join lol!). You'd have to figure out logistics like where people recall, what happens in crusade (a third town is apparently very difficult to code as two towns are basically entrenched into the game).

Personally I'd like to see a third town with green and gold hero, that enters ML from that island on the left hand side. But that's just me.

Then we could rename the towns Harkonnen, Artredies etc :D

Haha Dune Rocks! Ordos is where its at!

OT.

I would love to see a third town, or maybe even a map where elvine and aresden are peace (Like a pub or a bar)

I had the contest just to hear some cool ideas.

There was never any intention of implementing them.

We do not want to become some fruity server with a ton of edits and customized items and such.

We really are devoted to the original game, making adjustments only to improve game play.

' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:26 AM' post='244101']

I had the contest just to hear some cool ideas.

There was never any intention of implementing them.

We do not want to become some fruity server with a ton of edits and customized items and such.

We really are devoted to the original game, making adjustments only to improve game play.

AGREED

Idea is great but 10 years late, there are not enough players to make third town. It would bring big balance problems.

I also think all the towns should be somehow modified because those "old stupid towns" would seem so stupid when there is this new fancy one... (and did u hear they got green gold hero armors!!!) - COOL

If we had 4 times more players it could be propably done without huge problems.

Yeah agreed with this. Making a third town could mess up this whole game/server.