Sign in to follow this  
oceaneagle

Eks During Sade

I regret that the ban on EKs in town during Sade isn't working. I can see why this was tried out but clearly it is having more bad effects than good.

PLEASE put it back.

Oh? "but clearly it is having more bad effects than good." Care to elaborate?

Oh? "but clearly it is having more bad effects than good." Care to elaborate?

OK Mate I will try.

People who are unable to TP to ML or other town for one reason or another i.e. Not members of a Guild, have died twice and are restricted to town, Guildmaster isn't on to set a TP. All these good folks tend to just hang around doing nothing. They see no point in fighting and I don't blame them.

Furthermore if they have successfully defended or attacked and have gained a kill then surely they deserve the credit for this. To see a lone player attack a swarm of the other town and make a kill before he/she dies themselves and then receive no 'reward' (EK) for their bravery seems unfair to me.

Do not mis-understand me. I think it's great that you guys constantly seek to tickle the game and make improvements but I do feel sometimes that old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies.

In today's Crusade the amount of moaning on both sides both in Town, Universal and Guild chat led me to make my comments.

Today, Outside Elvine NWH there were a dozen or so players unable to participate in the game for one reason or another. Lazy? I mean to lazy to run where-ever, possibly...... but that is human nature.

Crusade is made for having a fight town vs town.

Ek's is always a good thing to have, but in a Crusade EK'ing is not all that you shall do....

The problem is, when ek'ing was in town, noone focused on the Crusade, they just abused it for getting eks.

Even tho people is not inside a guild, they can still play the crusade. They just need to run, and hopefully getting information in global..

The fight has been moved to ML, which makes the Crusade even more exiting, and acutally possible to get eks.

As you can see, most of the players in the Crusade are high levels, then you can't go after the easy eks :-)..

Personaly i hate the ide to. But in some sort of way, it makes sence that it is here.

Crusade is not for eking, but for winning the fight between the 2 towns.

You have whole weekend to do your eks, and that should be enough :)

OK Mate I will try.

People who are unable to TP to ML or other town for one reason or another i.e. Not members of a Guild, have died twice and are restricted to town, Guildmaster isn't on to set a TP. All these good folks tend to just hang around doing nothing. They see no point in fighting and I don't blame them.

This point is very strong and it makes no sense anymore to limit the players to their towns during Crusade with the current fix. So I think we will remove the locking in town during Crusade to compensate.

The other points don't say much. You must see that we did this change to make ppl go to ML for EK and participate in the Crusade. I can understand that locking in town is lame and once u get locked u stop participating the Crusade and stay afk in wh/shop... so we'll fix this.

Sounds good?

OK Mate I will try.

This point is very strong and it makes no sense anymore to limit the players to their towns during Crusade with the current fix. So I think we will remove the locking in town during Crusade to compensate.

The other points don't say much. You must see that we did this change to make ppl go to ML for EK and participate in the Crusade. I can understand that locking in town is lame and once u get locked u stop participating the Crusade and stay afk in wh/shop... so we'll fix this.

Sounds good?

Certainly it is a step worth taking but I for one, being a lazy git, will not be running to ML not knowing where my town or the other town is building and wandering about looking for where the action is.

PS. It is nice to see you are open to suggestion and don't take offense when your policy isn't agreed with.

if you take away the "2 death restricted time limit" this opens up the small % of people who dont care if they die so they just keep feeding the other town eks. I think it would be a cool idea to maybe lower the penalty a little bit tho. Like 4 deaths = stuck in town for 3 minutes. or 2 deaths stuck in town for a 1 min 30 seconds. But taking it away all together would make it the same issue as it was in town. People just aiming the lower levels for eks and not helping the fight for mana stones.

if you take away the "2 death restricted time limit" this opens up the small % of people who dont care if they die so they just keep feeding the other town eks. I think it would be a cool idea to maybe lower the penalty a little bit tho. Like 4 deaths = stuck in town for 3 minutes. or 2 deaths stuck in town for a 1 min 30 seconds. But taking it away all together would make it the same issue as it was in town. People just aiming the lower levels for eks and not helping the fight for mana stones.

Valid point, very valid. This of course is an inherent problem with tickling a program. Mess with one thing generates a knock on effect elsewhere.

make it that u can get max 5 eks in enemies town during sade

all run to each others town destroy mana stone get their 5 eks and then they go back to ml coz no more worth raiding opposite town

AND MAKE SHOES AND BOOTS 30000 ENDURANCE they are damn sexy and i wanna wear it

and not loose them every 10 sec -.-

Certainly it is a step worth taking but I for one, being a lazy git, will not be running to ML not knowing where my town or the other town is building and wandering about looking for where the action is.

Any Guildmaster can see where the buildings are located. All you need to do is ask. See below, too.

Would it be possible to make it so people not in guilds could at least see where the mana stones are, and maybe the red and blue areas on the map?

Hmm I don't even know why Siementech choose to limit this view to Guildmaster only. I don't mind making this available to all players. But I hope I don't overlook some reason? Anyone?

if you take away the "2 death restricted time limit" this opens up the small % of people who dont care if they die so they just keep feeding the other town eks.

Yea that's true. Didn't think about it. But seeing as it is still a significant waste of time to move all the way back to ML just for a lame kill I'm not worried about this. We also have sophisticated tooling available to scan for EK laming. This will not be a problem. This problem is much bigger during normal time then during crusade... so non-issue to me.

make it that u can get max 5 eks in enemies town during sade

all run to each others town destroy mana stone get their 5 eks and then they go back to ml coz no more worth raiding opposite town

No because people will stay in town for the full 5 EK. Sometimes this can take the entire Crusade... this won't make people go to ML... which was the entire reason behind no EK in enemy town during Crusade in the first place..

So nope, I don't like it :-)

DEFENDING the town still yields EK's. So ppl will stay in town to defend the attackers that come for the shields already. This is nice. Once attackers are done destroying the shields they go to ML then, because they don't get EK's there... It's perfect!

Keep the no EK in town rule.

I love seeing an empty town during sades and everyone in the ML....the way it is supposed to be.

Forget any limits... NO eks in town

Would it be possible to make it so people not in guilds could at least see where the mana stones are, and maybe the red and blue areas on the map?

If you don't want to be in a guild, that's not anyone's problem but your own. Guildmasters sacrifice their points (20 chr) to be able to see the dots on the minimap. It's up to the guildmaster to properly coordinate his builders and soldiers.

You can pretty much ask in ml at any given time, and you will be given directions to whichever stone you want (elv, ares) If you want to see the dots, then give guildmasters the 30% damage bonus that soldiers have please :)

i like the no eks in town rule, it forces everyone to play in ML where the fights are supposed to be.

a crusade isnt time to practice your boxing of WH and shop methods.

i do hate the getting stuck in town thing, but as someone above said it could make ek laming more possible.

to those not in a guild, JOIN ONE! the game is meant to be played in a group, best way to be in a group is to join a guild.

' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:17 AM' post='242440']

Keep the no EK in town rule.

I love seeing an empty town during sades and everyone in the ML....the way it is supposed to be.

Forget any limits... NO eks in town

May i suggest No eks anywhere?

If the point of the crusade is to win the battle and not to look for eks... then, make it no eks at all.

Then everyone will be fighting for the only reason: winning the crusade.

No Block in Town, No eks at all.