Sign in to follow this  
cilin

Dammage Settings

After days of testing, ive made some conclusions, already talked to jaapy but I would like you to tell me whats your opinion about the following:

what I tested was tested on a dk+8 dm3 and 156 str warrior.

non zerked:

I use to hit between 30 and 50, average 36 (based on 100 hits test) but its very common to hit over 40, like 25% of hits can do it. In fact, with jaapy next to me I hit 8 times over 40 while killing a ww. and its common to see over 46.

zerked:

I use to hit between 50 and 80, with an average of 60, the thing is that hits over 80 are very unlikely, 1 of 50 in my test.

So, jaapy saw the code and dm3 dmg bonus is set to be added after serk dmg calculation.

til there, nothing new at all, but lets make some calculations:

if non serked average is 36, with no dm3 dmg bonus I should hit 33 average, that would be 66 then we add the +3 and average serked would be 69, far from my test average ( in fact, the difference is almost my dk +8 dmg bonus) so that makes us think: maybe dk dmg bonus is after serk calculation. another think that made me think this is that i normally hit 47 for example, thats a 44 with no dm3, and a 88 with serk, +3 of dm3 would be 91 (never hit that, not even 88) so if we calculate it with the +11 after serk calculation: 47-11= 36*2 = 72 +11 = 83 and thats what I get as much. so my conclusion is: all dmg bonus are added after serk calculation and i think thats not fair at all, dk bonus should be added before serk calculation, so what do u think? , agree? disagree?

im a bit lazy to make conclusion about critical hits but i give you some facts and formula:

critical dmg: dmg + dmg*lvl/10

my critical dmg: dmg + dmg*1.8

max critical dmg ive got: 120. thats a 43 on normal hit, or maybe a ((45-3) +(45-3)*1.8) +3 i mean, add dm3 bonus after. so i think dk+8 bonus is added during crit dmg calculation and not after like dm3 dmg bonus is. this is the way serk should work too, not the one i concluded.

I definitely agree that the + on weapons should be added with the diceroll. For example, all you people wondering why your bbh+4 sucks. 3d10+2 on large monsters. BBH +4 is 3d10+2+4, but apparently the way the server is set up, that gives you a max 36 dmg. add dm3 and dragon ring and you have 44 dmg max (i know it sounds odd, this is without STR and level bonuses so bear with me).

Now that those calcs are outta the way, time to show what it looks like zerked.

Your max 36 dmg with a bbh 4 translates into 64 damage instead of 72 like it would appear it should do. That example is 8!!! damage less.

Your max of 44 damage with bbh4/drag ring/dm3 translates into 74 max when 88 would be max if they were added prior. 14 LESS DAMAGE!!!! OUCH

I think that coding at least the + on weapons to be calculated WITH zerk, not just added on after, will help to balance warriors. It's pretty much all that would be needed imo.

so... dmg based on my experience and dmg based on dices both says dmg bonus of weapons are added afterk serk calculation. i think is not fair :D.

right now its like it was supposed to be

As far as I've always known, (both playing inter and hbusa) the +dmg on weapons was always added before zerk caculation.

right now its like it was supposed to be

As far as I've always known, (both playing inter and hbusa) the +dmg on weapons was always added before zerk caculation.

no way

lmao

I feel too that the "correct use" of zerk should be that it multiplies the final damage figure (as in zerk is the last thing to take effect on the hit), but I'm not sure what this would do to game balance, so unsure whether I support or oppose the change you've suggested.

Interesting point though.

its a suggestion Moha, let the ppl make their opinions, we know urs, twice.

i didnt gave my opinion , i said its the way it was supposed thats a fact

It has been always like that only basic damage doubles, then comes upgrades and damage rings+necks. Only in some server some damage rings have been doubled.

And the reason why dksword crits sucks: The upgrade dmg (+8 incase of dk8) is added afterwards in crit formula.

It's like it should be, just stop complaining.

yup only ancient and sharp get in early cos they add 1 dice face.. if u added ++ upgrades u would severly unbalance server .

a DM3 adds 3 damage at any case.

if you're zerked or not, it doesn't matter, +3 needs to stay +3.

it's not if you're zerked that your nacklace becomes +6 just cuz you're zerked.

I think the way it is, it's fine and well working.

a DM+3 neck must stay DM+3 and be independant of the fact that you're zerked or not.

stupid thread

days of testing to discover b*spam* obviousness?

cillins calculation (if adds, rings, necks x2):

dk+15 and dm3 should be

37-57

zerked 74-114 without ring...

zerked 78-118 with dm5

zerked 98-138 with abby rin:O a lot? (88-128 with dragon ring)

easy to get dk swords would be much better than anc bh?

imba?

maybe rep dmg should be doubled too? and crit dmg?

stupid thread

cillins calculation (adds, rings, necks x2):

dk+15 and dm3 should be

37-57

zerked 78-118 with dm5

imba?

DEz, the thing is you will never hit 114 with dk+15 when serked because the +15 is added after serk calculation. what you say is a dk+0 can hit 50??? lol 50*2 +15 is 115... go get a dk+0 and try to hit 50 in a normal hit....

i know rings and necks are added after...

stupid thread

cillins calculation (if adds, rings, necks x2):

dk+15 and dm3 should be

37-57

zerked 78-118 with dm5

imba?

DEz, the thing is you will never hit 114 with dk+15 when serked because the +15 is added after serk calculation. what you say is a dk+0 can hit 50??? lol 50*2 +15 is 115... go get a dk+0 and try to hit 50 in a normal hit....

i know rings and necks are added after...

cillins calculation (if adds, rings, necks x2)

Maybe at least factor in the + dmg from right weapons before the crit/zerk calculation? I think this would make right weapons suck less, because they are bunk on nemesis :P

Maybe at least factor in the + dmg from right weapons before the crit/zerk calculation? I think this would make right weapons suck less, because they are bunk on nemesis :P

NO

NO

NO, as in "Right weapons aren't bunk", or NO, as in "Don't factor in the +dmg from right weapons befor the crit/zerk calculation"?

NO

NO, as in "Right weapons aren't bunk", or NO, as in "Don't factor in the +dmg from right weapons befor the crit/zerk calculation"?

NO to both

I agree very much! Good reputation should be more important :)

Does nemesis have the str bonus now?

i remember it didnt have the bonus during nemesisI...

NO, nemesis never had it, prolly will never have it...

Strength does not affect the amount of damage you deal.

it only affects the amount of damage dealt when using your hands (str / 12)

on the other hand... DEX increases your HP (hitting proability).

how does it do it? your HP increases by DEX - 50 if your dex is higher than 50.

so 200 dex = 150 HP (200 - 50)