Sign in to follow this  
vinshon

Pro & Cons Of Mage Builds

hi guys, what are the pros and cons of each build?

A> Dex Mage: 40str, 50dex, 112vit, 195int, 200mag

or

B> Pure Mage: 30str, 10dex, 162vit, 195 int, 200mag

From what i can see..

Build <A> can use a ss or rapier to crit other mages when both have Apfm on.

Where as build <B> has more hp/regen to survive alot of dmg.

Which ones better in general? :blink:

actually i was only planning to get the 50 dex to dodge a tiny bit and crit other mages with my ancient/right short swords >_> cbffff using a shield..

50 dex is a must

but you dont need 40 str. for tower 30 works just fine and a pa30 or better shield is better than a tower.

With such a vit mage you wont stand 1 paralyze, you will neither be able to have any long fights since the wars gon beat the crap outta u.

40str: for tower shield and rapier

50dex: for avoiding mages crits and getting 100% shield... also reducing the amount of stun while training and when being shot with bows.

Its a matter of preference:

Dex mage:

1) more viable for big fights

2) more chance to survive paralise

3) rapier or short sword against amped mages

Vit mage:

1) more viable for pvp or 1vs1

2) more chances to survive mass blizzards

Depends on what u like.

Lets weigh up the stats. 200 Mag and Int (if you want MIM), 50 dex, 40 str and 107 vit. That leaves you with 611 hp. Thats not to bad for a mage, some of the BBH warriors running around dont have much more than that so in comparrison your doing well. You will also have 100% sheild which is a great thing to have e*censored*ally paired with the defense of DK armor.

On the other hand you can take away the sheild and dex and have an extra 50 stats to work with which will give you 756 hp. That does sound pretty good, but in reality, thats two crits. You wont be able to dodge attacks as well and as was said before, one para or bump dc situation you are going to die unless you have people around to invis you.

In my opinion the sheild is going to save you more often than the extra 145 hp. 100% sheild paired with a tower sheild and DK armor, warriors will be lucky to be hitting over 40's. Of course its going to also help you if you get into trouble whilst training and you can always use a rapier to finish off running mages who have amped.

Mind you in an agreed PVP scenario, using a sheild is generally looked down upon so that wont help you, however you are bound to be in a group fight situation more often than a PVP situation. The dex build has more advantages to it than the vit build.

thanks for all your comments everyone, especially King & Vampyr's post.

I think ill be going 50 dex, but with only 30 str. Most being i will only use shortswords for crits while holding a statted shield /ma/pa/mp/hp watever.

Guest mamadas

I think ill be going 50 dex, but with only 30 str. Most being i will only use shortswords for crits while holding a statted shield /ma/pa/mp/hp watever.

You should get 30 str and a pa shield....

critin with ss its just a little extra on 50 dex, you will notice alot of difference, with 50 ants wont stop u from casting like if u didnt had any dex.. lets not say about ogres /cyc etc

also, in none of your previous setups you said 200 Int,

sooner or later you will see 200 int is really important too

Thats not very smart, u wont do any dmg with ss and it has shortest crit range, I suggest u to get 40str for tower and rapiers (hp+) so u can help stun and interrupt casting.

You should definallty get 40 str. Sure you might find a nice Defense Ratio or PA Kite sheild or something but what if you dont? Rapier is much better than SS. For 10 stat points what do you have to loose?

Vampyr has a point there... those 10stat points wouldnt do any big change in vitality, but in str they does.

Rapier is awesome for support coz stun and u get those lucky ek's with it time to time, even tho ss has higher crit dmg but its only 1square crit range so you wont rly kill running opponents with it.

Also u can use tower untill you find yourself proper pa shield.

U guys are taking vit as an hp increment only.

The importat thing about vit is not how much hp u got but how much u can recover,specially if ur using hp stuff.

The 10 more he hass, is quite a lot of hp more recovered if he has hprec % stuff. :)

Thats why SS is better than rapier. Yes rapier has more range, but SS has actually more dmg which is what matters. And he gets 10 more vit to add, so more hp and more rec.

i have a ancient ss with rep dmg, and i also got a hp49 shield.

The thing is with ss or rapier discussion, SS has better crit damage, rapier has better normal swinging dmg, but ill only be pulling out my swords for that 18 crits, after 18 ill be using my staff again. so SS will be better suited? right?