Sign in to follow this  
Dilr0y

"paralyze" Spell

So as I understand the Paralyze spell when landed on a player, lasts for 15 seconds.

I've never seen it so low on a server before.

It makes the spell a bit useless, mainly against warrs. Since it we all know it doesn't take 15 seconds to kill a para'd mage (for a warr at least).

But my question is......is everyone satisfied with this? Is this something people want changed?

I'm just curious....on the servers I've played it's lasted 30-45 secs and it just...made more sense.

Also fire bow...kind of makes para more useless too...it's not like para is supposed to be an easy thing to land...because:

A) The targeted player cannot be AMP or PFM.

B) It's a 1x1 area spell.

C) Targeted player can easily dodge due to MR, MAG, etc.

D) Caster has better hitting prob. of landing if has higher MAG.

Firebow just says "screw that skillful para you just landed, I can whip out my bow in 0.25 seconds (or less if you're superfast with the hotkey) and aim at the person para'd.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but it seems like when para is casted, and if I'm a warrior, I'm not gonna be as "OMG" as I would be in other servers.

THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION, JUST TRYING TO GET OTHER PLAYERS OPINIONS ON THE MATTER.

-_-

In a mmorpg like this one, 15 seconds is enought to rape a Mage (vit and dex)

Not to a war with just 1 lize.

btw, 15 seconds is what it should to last the spell... perhaps not at another privates servers (there was a time that lize used to last 5~30 seconds at Nemesis1)

i dono what 180 mages u are "pwning" in less than 15 secs,

i've always thought if u manage to get yourself para, you definitly should get beat on for a nice 30-45 secs.

Perhaps you didnt understand me...

In a mmorpg is not about going alone and expecting killing everyone in 1:1 situation with just one lize...

But You & your team/guild can rape a mage with just one lize.

15 sec is more than enough.

This has been discussed a lot of times....

Try figure out a pure war with no spells, if he should stand alone cause he got paraed, for maybe 1 min?.

You didnt have to use crits for killing him.

Even for mages it would result in free ek..

Try figure out a pure war with no spells, if he should stand alone cause he got paraed, for maybe 1 min?.

para is fine

ye para is okay

i have an interesting suggestion which will not go thru but i'll say it anyways. Remove RECALL (lol sry edited my post) SPELL - let people use only recall scrolls

<3

ye para is okay.

i have an interesting suggestion which will not go thru but i'll say it anyways. Remove para SPELL - let people use only recall scrolls

<3

You must mean remove RECALL spell? :D

I would like to see that 5-10s or EVEN only 1-2s wait for damage cooldown added to recalll, because I hate that ppl can get recall cast trough even if you HIT them with weapon/wand or spells. In my opinnion that 1s cooldown would make a big edge in those moments.

(If you see damage on your screen, I'm pretty sure that it's registered by server. Would like to see what Jaapy/farjat thinks about this)

I'm just saying that paralyzing someone takes good aim and why not put that good aim to use if you're gonna get one landed...make it worthwhile. 15 seconds is truly not a long time. Especially when people have tons and tons of vit as most 180s do.

As a mage you can own a vit war, if you know how to do it..

I even owned a 180 war, with more than 110 vit ( I suppose ) yesteday, 2 times.. And im even lvl 130 -_-..

Para/hold person and direct blizz = dead man ...

For using para/hold person you need at good aim ya.. If you dont have aim, stop playing as a mage :b

As a mage you can own a vit war, if you know how to do it..

I even owned a 180 war, with more than 110 vit ( I suppose ) yesteday, 2 times.. And im even lvl 130 -_-..

Para/hold person and direct blizz = dead man ...

For using para/hold person you need at good aim ya.. If you dont have aim, stop playing as a mage :b

No that is the thing. I have pretty good aim and the para's I land are useless and only 1 para out of 20 or so will result in a death. At least that's how it's been so far...the other 19 are gettaways.

Because you doing it wrong -_-...

While you have para and blizz, he will dodge your para ofcause. You have to find the way his doing it, and it can take time, but suddenly you got it..

para is fine, you shouldnt be able to kill a war in one para, and you can kill alot of mage in one para

even in 1vs1.

im personally to lazy to use para as much as i should, the truth is if you got 2 players willing to pvp until one

dies theres no need for para.

unless you have a cast hack, and after a para can cast 4 blizz b4 the person moves. :angry: sneaky terds.

Para is ok.

Who ever said 1 para = 1 ek? Even if u increae its time (lets say 30 seconds), a dex mage will still survive in 1vs1...and will still survive 4 or 5 other paralizes, because they have 100% shield (plus de mshield).

para is fine

im guessing the other server u played was probably with max higher lvl? thats why it had higher para time

No the other servers I played were around this level/stats.

I think an additional 15 seconds would be benefiecial and efficient for para to be a 30 seconds. I am not trying to say that para = EK I'm trying to say that para's should last a little longer if you have the skill to actually land it. Not many people do.

and on this server we have lower hps, and also for example 1 lyze on pl is 90% of time ek and out it u can time it and re para

I don't think it's as much a problem of para being too short, but a problem of shield+mshield+dk armor making player's practically IMMUNE to warrior damage.

With such simple and easy to access items warrior damage is pretty much minimized to someone wearing a ma 90 set for a mage. It's stupid.

Something needs to be done about dk armor's PA (Which I think it is.)