Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Some Wonderings.

Since now we have a coder that can change things we need without risking server stability. But we still want to Keep the Game as Original as Possible. This are some minor changes i have in mind and want to listen for Ppl Thinks.

As thi post is started in spanish, keep it in spanish, or make a new threath.

Stay ontopic.

Changes we have done for 4.51:

10 seconds no damage Rule for Crusade Guild Teleport

Angels fix when +1 on a stat with already 200 Level up Board Off

Private Pits Test Stage.

Change we figuring if possible for 4.51:

1) Stop Illegal Repotting.

Its not even on my mind to punish for this as game leave us make it. But what about adding to server something "like" Block reds and blues GIVEs, exchanges and Volunteer Drops ONLY in aresden and elvine Maps. Anyway if u dont want them, u can always sell to shop or Chug.

2) Stop Spying

i guess we should fully Disable the Civilian "option" because i saw civilians involved in fights. I am not against a civilian aresden fighting elvines but in some elvines can use also as repoter/see ares pfms, etc. I really see civilians like something that make more damage than help. Need much discussion on this.

Also We should make Blue chat more private. Like in some maps there must be Blue Chat min level like 160 or something.

3) EK Lamming System.

I am really sure we dont have a bigger EK lamming soon or later we perm ban the lammers, sometimes we just leave them be fat first :P

The new Coder offered me to add a system limit also for lammers. Like 1 kill/hour and we discuss it and we get to make a limit of 2 kills/hour AND 5 kills/day.

I prefer some ppl to start get in screen like "u already killed this character twice yesterday. than keep banning people from server.

4) Anti-Pullers System.

This is the real challenge to make. Because must be good or must not be as this is a thing can entire broke the game.

The idea is something like "the body of a puller will stay 10 more seconds online" IF this character got damage from ENEMY only.

This will not happen to u if the damage was taked in train as monsters hits will not count to this.

The problem is the ppl that will get real DCs as they will be 10 more seconds free ek.

Theres options in that point, like making this char No give EK or no Drop. but i dont see this good as can also be used as advantage.

This topic really need to be tested and we open for ideas.

your Ek laming system is interesting. i think your server would benefit from displaying a message after each kill like : You have killed X amount today... and have a cap for each day. if you have it by the hour... and you have a crusade... then you reach a limit and can't kill? or accidently shoot or swing? then ban for playing sade is bad. sounds like you guys are doin a good job :) i think your main concern is pullers :o

your Ek laming system is interesting. i think your server would benefit from displaying a message after each kill like : You have killed X amount today... and have a cap for each day. if you have it by the hour... and you have a crusade... then you reach a limit and can't kill? or accidently shoot or swing? then ban for playing sade is bad. sounds like you guys are doin a good job :) i think your main concern is pullers :o

No nobody sayd ban. This system just will not give the EK and give u a message like "u already killed this..."

No nobody sayd ban. This system just will not give the EK and give u a message like "u already killed this..."

good idea farjat

Lose exp when you r criminal could be fixed?. I killed 2 guys on my war lvl 162 and after uncrim i lose 7k..

something like.

lvl 1-100 = begin crim lose 20k

lvl 101-140 = begin crim lose 40k

lvl 141-160 = begin crim lose 80k

lvl 161-180 = begin crim lose 100k

180's begin crim should lose 200k or more also. Sounds crazy at 1st but think it carefully. People will re-think crim on some1.

Just an idea.

and sounds fair as monsters experience and crusade are the only thing that is multyplied, the rest of actions should be also x25

and gold lowered x25 too!

2) Stop Spying

i guess we should fully Disable the Civilian "option" because i saw civilians involved in fights. I am not against a civilian aresden fighting elvines but in some elvines can use also as repoter/see ares pfms, etc. I really see civilians like something that make more damage than help. Need much discussion on this.

Also We should make Blue chat more private. Like in some maps there must be Blue Chat min level like 160 or something.

It's very easy to introduce another type of chat with a different color (purple-ish?). For example the ampersand (&) is unused, or the percentage (%) character. If you use this chat, only people from your level category will see the message (just like EK categories), for example:

Level 1 - 30

Level 31 - 80

Level 81 - 140 (PL raider chat, also handy because people in ML won't see this!)

Level 141+

A GM would be able to see any level message and everyone can see the GM messages.

3) EK Lamming System.

I am really sure we dont have a bigger EK lamming soon or later we perm ban the lammers, sometimes we just leave them be fat first :P

The new Coder offered me to add a system limit also for lammers. Like 1 kill/hour and we discuss it and we get to make a limit of 2 kills/hour AND 5 kills/day.

I prefer some ppl to start get in screen like "u already killed this character twice yesterday. than keep banning people from server.

Just want to add the following: this is not a global restriction. You can kill ONE SINGLE CHARACTER once every two hours. A different character can also be killed once every two hours, etc. For example, I would be able to kill "farjat" once, then the timer starts for his character. When I kill "farjat" again within 2 hours I receive no EK point. When I kill "Skyas" within the same period, I get an EK and a seperate timer starts running for that character...

In addition to the 1 kill per 2 hour limit, also a 5 kill per day limit is introduced in the same way. You can kill "farjat" only 5 times a day for EK. If you kill him a sixth time you get none.

The restrictions apply during crusade as well.

Laming EK's would become a tedious task this way. Big advantage is that GM's won't have to search actively for EK lamers which frees them for other tasks.

For normal PVP characters, this won't make too much difference. Especially during crusade, where you kill lots of different people. Also... the suggested limit is also just a guess - it needs some time to experience what it's like. If it's too restrictive, it's always possible to loosen it up a little.

4) Anti-Pullers System.

This is the real challenge to make. Because must be good or must not be as this is a thing can entire broke the game.

The idea is something like "the body of a puller will stay 10 more seconds online" IF this character got damage from ENEMY only.

This will not happen to u if the damage was taked in train as monsters hits will not count to this.

The problem is the ppl that will get real DCs as they will be 10 more seconds free ek.

Theres options in that point, like making this char No give EK or no Drop. but i dont see this good as can also be used as advantage.

Here are some variants to consider:

*1* Once pulled, you stay ingame for X seconds. Everything can hit you. You won't be able to pull anymore since this will mean death for sure. But, disadvantage is that people that really D/C legally are in big trouble as well. Especially during training/hunts/PVE - where D/Cs happen legally very often.

*2* Once pulled, you stay ingame for X seconds. Only players can still hit you, not monsters. Well you fix the problem with the common D/C during PVE issue. But when you PVP and you get a legal D/C this will certainly still mean that you die. It depends on how often this occurs naturally for this to be a real problem.

*3 (farjat suggestion)* Once pulled, you stay ingame for X seconds. Only players can still hit you, not monsters. You D/C immediately if you haven't received any damage during the last Y seconds (30+?). I don't think this makes a big difference, because you will D/C immediately mostly from idle situations only. All other situations will be the same as *2*.

*4* Once pulled you stay ingame for X seconds. Only players can still hit you, not monsters. If you die, you don't drop items but you only give an EK point. This is a compromise mainly. The chasers still get their precious EK, but the puller can still pull to save his item which probably won't reduce pulling at all - it will just make pulling less annoying.

Since now we have a coder that can change things we need without risking server stability. But we still want to Keep the Game as Original as Possible. This are some minor changes i have in mind and want to listen for Ppl Thinks.

Stay ontopic.

Private Pits Test Stage.

Its not even on my mind to punish for this as game leave us make it. But what about adding to server something "like" Block reds and blues GIVEs, exchanges and Volunteer Drops ONLY in aresden and elvine Maps. Anyway if u dont want them, u can always sell to shop or Chug.

Its pointless cuz if u do that the only tingh ppl need to do to repot its just being combant and run 10-20 seconds more to dun/ml/ef/rh, so whats the point if u cant avoid they repot? besides if repotters are combants, ppl will kill them trying to get eks and others will think they are lamming, ill prefer them in civil mode

2) Stop Spying

if repotters/spys are combants, ppl will kill them trying to get eks and others will think they are lamming, ill prefer them in civil mode, about the chat mode i like that but maybe the cap could be at 120 or sometingh, lets not forget there still are some pl raiders

3) EK Lamming System.

I dont like this one specially, not totally but lets be real the point of playing in a high exp server its fighting others and the point to fight others its get eks, so if u set a cap per hour/day/wekk to eks, ppl will get bother to kill others and dont get eks, and also if u set this "u already killed this character twice yesterday", i think it would be better an ek announcer so the players can also help u to caught lammers

4) Anti-Pullers System.

Farjat really, pullers have been there since the start and will stay there till the end, if u put 10 more seconds u are right ppl who get lag often and real dcs will die 10 times per day just cuz of lag, and lets fce it the only lag free ppl are american, so that leave the rest of us in an unfair position, and if u do the no drop or no ek if u get killed if u got lagued or when u pull, that will only encourage more the pulling, personally i prefer the 3 hours to bi if a gm watch u, but only if u need to do sometingh

well i guess im just a old player, this its the only game that dosnt boring me after a wile and u know what ppl say: if aint broken, why di u fix it?

Later

3) EK Lamming System.

Just want to add the following: this is not a global restriction. You can kill ONE SINGLE CHARACTER once every two hours. A different character can also be killed once every two hours, etc. For example, I would be able to kill "farjat" once, then the timer starts for his character. When I kill "farjat" again within 2 hours I receive no EK point. When I kill "Skyas" within the same period, I get an EK and a seperate timer starts running for that character...

In addition to the 1 kill per 2 hour limit, also a 5 kill per day limit is introduced in the same way. You can kill "farjat" only 5 times a day for EK. If you kill him a sixth time you get none.

The restrictions apply during crusade as well.

Laming EK's would become a tedious task this way. Big advantage is that GM's won't have to search actively for EK lamers which frees them for other tasks.

For normal PVP characters, this won't make too much difference. Especially during crusade, where you kill lots of different people. Also... the suggested limit is also just a guess - it needs some time to experience what it's like. If it's too restrictive, it's always possible to loosen it up a little.

I think this is a GREAT idea, but I'd say set the personal kill timer to 1 hour. As for the 5 times a day limit, I think that would work out fine.

On a side note, this wouldn't lag the server having so many timers, would it?

As for the options listed on pulling, I prefer number 2 myself. :sleep:

Nah I wouldn't worry about that. These timers only occupy minor memory on the server. I think lorraine's server is quite powerful so it's fine. There is no need for extra information being sent to client so it won't increase network lag (except maybe a message indicating that no EK is gained, but I think it's not necessairy).

Nah I wouldn't worry about that. These timers only occupy minor memory on the server. I think lorraine's server is quite powerful so it's fine. There is no need for extra information being sent to client so it won't increase network lag (except maybe a message indicating that no EK is gained, but I think it's not necessairy).

Ah that's good. I'm just thinking that during raid days it might be a bit much information going back and forth, but I guess if you think it will be fine then it probably will. ;)

However, I think a message indicating that no EK is gained might be necessary, because it will probably get people (mostly lamers :lol:) mad when they don't get an EK from someone they already killed. However, maybe you could add that to the F1 news, and maybe have farjat edit the F1 list to include the server rules, and things like that about the server. It might be helpful to the GM's to just tell the players to read the F1 list than repeating themselves over and over.

Just my two cents. :sleep:

Im not to thrilled so to speak about the ek lamming system. 2 kills an hour is not a lot nor is 5 a day. PL doesnt have 50 people running around and you usually see the same person 3 or 4 times in a short space of time.

Its unfair to say to a PL raider youve killed this person twice in the last hour so you have to let them live otherwise you will be investigated for lamming ek. If a person keeps going back to a pit to train even after youve killed them two, three or four times then i know i for one would be still killing them because they are 1) stupid enough to keep comming back 2) obviously easy to kill, and for those who have stayed in PL for eks will start to move out because their ek income has been limited.

Im not to thrilled so to speak about the ek lamming system. 2 kills an hour is not a lot nor is 5 a day. PL doesnt have 50 people running around and you usually see the same person 3 or 4 times in a short space of time.

Its unfair to say to a PL raider youve killed this person twice in the last hour so you have to let them live otherwise you will be investigated for lamming ek. If a person keeps going back to a pit to train even after youve killed them two, three or four times then i know i for one would be still killing them because they are 1) stupid enough to keep comming back 2) obviously easy to kill, and for those who have stayed in PL for eks will start to move out because their ek income has been limited.

This comment is right. And on top of this.. what happens if u raiding ML and u go ww elv and u kill someone.. lets call hm Mr X. ek+ 1.. then u say with ur fren who is mage.. and another war (example)..lets camp elv tp.. so we camp tp..and boom.. elv tp's and it happens to be Mr. X..and we crit an mage one blizz and i crit and EK.. Ek + 2.. (happened to be the same person who tp'd..)

What if at this moment.. we say.. lets raid elv.. so we raid elv.. and we find a group of ares near shop.. who para'd Mr. X ... I come in and STEAL an EK.. two crits.. ek + 3.. in about 30 mins.. this is not laming.

Again.. after 45 mins... Crusade start now... and i cant kill Mr X??? I dont even know what his name is anymore.. cos its sade.. but i killl a few goldies and.. its Mr. X i shuld get an EK.. if i dont ..thats not fair.

Ok crusade has finished.. Ares say on ares chat... 'lets camp elv tp'... so i go and we box it... Now Mr. X tp's ..and i kill him .. say maybe 2 more times in 1 hour.. so i reach limit for the day?? that is a joke.. pls, dont do this... camping elv tp.. Rh, garden.. or outside shop....will result in soo many non EK's.

In 3 hours u can easily kill someone 5 times plus.. if u include camping elv tp, rh etc... its not like u went out of your way to LAME or kill same person.. its just luck.. Many times in elvinie.. ive killed some1 twice.. and then i avoid them again.. incase of this laming rule.. but if i went RH to camp..and they walked in..

id take the EK.. because its just LUCK... and i wuld HOPEFULLY hav ss to prove it..

Stay ontopic.

Private Pits Test Stage.

If game leave us make it why u think its bad?. I think is not a good idea.

2) Stop Spying

Like the chat idea, but erase civi mide isnt good.

3) EK Lamming System.

So if i kill some noob and that noob come again and again and again i cant kill him but he can boder me all the time till he tired. Cuz I cant kill him more than 2 times. I dont waste mana to attack him and try to get ek cuz this system wont give me ek. I think is not a good idea. I like the ek anouncer in screen. That way is a more controled by the players.

4) Anti-Pullers System.

I am a player with lag. Crapy pc and South American inet. SO dc for me is often. Lag for me is bad so if i stay anyways 10 more second later than de 5 sec i stay freeze by lag is not good. The 2 hours in ib and said This boy is sendit to bi for pull is better than to make some system than makes all the dc lag ppl dont play.

Spanish.

Calu vos sabes que el lag nos hace hacer dc muy seguido. Ese sistema lo que genera es quese nos complique mucho por que si estoy frizado 5 sec mas los 10 que queres poner es regalar un ek sin poder hacer nada. Simplemente me parece que lagunas cosas no se pueden cambiar por que son parte del juego. Lo de los civi es molesto pero es lo que hay.

Si queres hace que los civi sean como elvs. Que no puedan ver las magias que tienen cada uno y no puedan leer los chats de la ciudad. De esa manera si no ve las magias que tiene y no lee el chat de la ciudad solo sirve para repotear que es algo que no da ventaja solo ayuida a ganar tiempo.

i personally thinks the non ek rule sux, i mean ur training, sum1 comes u kill him, now he will sure come back cuz he knows that even if i kill him, it doesnt matter cuz i wont get ek.

im raiding elv, i kill sum guy at scorps, then he knows he can go back there at least for a while cuz it wont be worth it for me killing him again.

i pvp a guy he wants a revenge, but i won't want to pvp gim again because i wont get ek even if i beat him

i could give u lots others examples why wouldnt it work, so now i give u suggestion: make ek annoucer way better as sum1 up there said

just to proove this rule non sense just see the sade that has been rolled back, i got 4 eks on sade, the others went to other mages and it happened to be all times same guy, and as u can see in all pics, 4-5 mages blizzing him in al ss's and it happened to be me who got ek, with this system, i'd have gotten 1 ek whole sade

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I made this topic because i have this wonderings and i know 100 people can wondering 100 times faster than me.

Keep posting as we are getting good ideas. Nobody says all this will be done exactly as i posted originally, we are using the ideas.

We dont want this systems turned against us dont worry. The puller thing is something almost impossible to get, but we dont loose nothing testing.

I made this topic because i have this wonderings and i know 100 people can wondering 100 times faster than me.

Keep posting as we are getting good ideas. Nobody says all this will be done exactly as i posted originally, we are using the ideas.

We dont want this systems turned against us dont worry. The puller thing is something almost impossible to get, but we dont loose nothing testing.

Well, we do loose zems :lol: :lol: . I really don't think its a good idea to try implementing that..the other suggestions yes.

You're right. The suggested limits might be too strict.

Maybe the right question is what exactly is EK laming? When do you qualify as an EK lamer and is there a way to detect this automatically (not by hand, but effortless).

Maybe the right question is what exactly is EK laming? When do you qualify as an EK lamer and is there a way to detect this automatically (not by hand, but effortless).

Theres no way to ful stop lamming by system as there is more clever ways to lame that can be easy discovered by human eye.

I say we must add the system and maybe tune up it a little better like keep the 2/hour but 7/day or something.

Its not easy to cacht it. Thats why the ek anouncer is a nice way to guard the ek lamers. Cuz the 100 ppl online all the time can check who is eking and who is dieing.

Its hard to qualify as ek lamer. U can pvp a char 3 times in a roll and is not consider lamer. More than 3 times for me is lame but not a lamer.

For me the ek anouncer is the best way to ek lamers think twice to lame.

Its not easy to cacht it. Thats why the ek anouncer is a nice way to guard the ek lamers. Cuz the 100 ppl online all the time can check who is eking and who is dieing.

Its hard to qualify as ek lamer. U can pvp a char 3 times in a roll and is not consider lamer. More than 3 times for me is lame but not a lamer.

For me the ek anouncer is the best way to ek lamers think twice to lame.

Yes true Gaucho BUT an EK announcer dont show if u are killing a different charname on same IP than other.

I guess we must have BOTH ways anyway.

The system will prevent incidents like *censored*Yeh also..

One of the things I dislike about the EK announcer is that it will get VERY annoying after a while. After having been on several servers that have an EK announcer with less people playing than here on Nemesis, it still got annoying. :wacko:

Why not add something like Khelben said once, about having an NPC shout out each EK inside a building? I think he mentioned adding a Pub, maybe if someone could find his post(s) about that...