Sign in to follow this  
aldaris

General Suggestion

Hi I started playing this server like 4days ago

and I used to hear, that there's lots of players in nemesis.. and I guess the players are gone because of the wipe?

anyways as I was playing I felt like I'm just playing the original HB USA again.

I know your intention was to go oldschool, and leave helbreath the way it meant to be.

but I just thought there could be something originaly improved since Helbreath is not really a perfect game

but has a good potential.

Im not suggesting major change like nurf this and that,

but as it might be mentioned before here's some stuff that you could possibly do to make the imbalanced original helbreath a better game. followings are my OPINION so don't bash them. English is my second language and I appreciate u dont pick on my grammar or watever.

1. Lightning Strike: raise a little more damage, so that at least you can use it to kill zombies in 1hit(caz they survive energy strike most of time) This could apply to some other mid-int spells as well. Another idea is armor break stripping the armor, not just damaging the armor end. Lots of spells are just not used becaz they/re so useless.

2. Skills: after 50% the rate could remain the same? (like use it 51times to get up to 51%) Maybe just to certain skills like

alchemy or manufacturing, or fishing...(the one that needs manual work) caz in the original rate, it will take lot of help(coal donor) and IMO too much time to get up to 100%.

Sure the fun part is to work hard to achieve 100% but it takes like a good 1year to achieve higher % on those..

You know we all never(rarely) fish, farm, caz we all know after 50% it's just too much work so we all don't even bother,

but if it was easier Im sure these activity will be more common. Right now we don't do much of those caz if u wanna do those,

you know you have to commit so much effort and time, where if it was easier we could all casually fish around

and make alchemies, bring some fun to the community. I'm sure we'd be all skilling pretend corpse too if it would go up faster.

Aside from making money, these stuff are supposed to be kind of fun to do,

but becaz of the 50% cap, we don't do fishing etc and IMO that's a waste of potential fun.

3. Eliminate empty map: it's good to keep the world scale big, so somewhere is always unexplored and for some people thats what adventure is all about.

But when we see almost nobody everywhere we go, players feel like the community is empty.

If we have like 1000players, sure, but IMO u'll never get that many, so maybe something can be done

to lower the scale of the world so we all won't feel like playing this game alone. Maybe delete the farm, connect PL with the original entrance to the farm(from town), and add a scorp pit in town to compensate? Then both low/high lvl will AFK in town,

and the more afk we see, the more we're motivated to play, becaz if we see nobody around we feel like it's not worth it.

Just remember, new players will be in farm for a while, and after a while, pretty much nobody will be in farm,

so some new players might come to a mis-conclusion that there's nobody in this server(caz they see the farm empty), if there were no farm, this will very less likely to happen.

4. Since Ive played HBUSA for so long already, it's refreshing to play in a community where everyone's still low lvl,

but I just thought some modification and adjustments could be done to make things better, or make it stand out as "nemesis" feature

so I won't feel like I'm just playing a free HBUSA server. Lv140 was a good one though, after 140 it just benefits the warrior so much,

but by having it 140 war can't have both BBH and zerk and still have decent VIT and stuff.

5. Event idea: I always thought this would be cool. It's the GM/NPC raiding event.

GM or any staff member logs into it's strong char, not too godly, but very strong that it may take 10 people to kill them.

Almost like a boss character, but it's manually played by some staff member. After an announcement 1 or 2 of these boss character w/ 8000hp or whatever can raid the town, and we all work together to kill them. And they drop a good amount of money or a zem or something, and there could be many type of boss like warrior, mage, battle mage, archer, whatever. This sounds fun what do u think?

well thats about it for now, phew that was long

Hi I started playing this server like 4days ago

and I used to hear, that there's lots of players in nemesis.. and I guess the players are gone because of the wipe?

anyways as I was playing I felt like I'm just playing the original HB USA again.

I know your intention was to go oldschool, and leave helbreath the way it meant to be.

but I just thought there could be something originaly improved since Helbreath is not really a perfect game

but has a good potential.

Im not suggesting major change like nurf this and that,

but as it might be mentioned before here's some stuff that you could possibly do to make the imbalanced original helbreath a better game. followings are my OPINION so don't bash them. English is my second language and I appreciate u dont pick on my grammar or watever.

1. Lightning Strike: raise a little more damage, so that at least you can use it to kill zombies in 1hit(caz they survive energy strike most of time) This could apply to some other mid-int spells as well. Another idea is armor break stripping the armor, not just damaging the armor end. Lots of spells are just not used becaz they/re so useless.

2. Skills: after 50% the rate could remain the same? (like use it 51times to get up to 51%) Maybe just to certain skills like

alchemy or manufacturing, or fishing...(the one that needs manual work) caz in the original rate, it will take lot of help(coal donor) and IMO too much time to get up to 100%.

Sure the fun part is to work hard to achieve 100% but it takes like a good 1year to achieve higher % on those..

You know we all never(rarely) fish, farm, caz we all know after 50% it's just too much work so we all don't even bother,

but if it was easier Im sure these activity will be more common. Right now we don't do much of those caz if u wanna do those,

you know you have to commit so much effort and time, where if it was easier we could all casually fish around

and make alchemies, bring some fun to the community. I'm sure we'd be all skilling pretend corpse too if it would go up faster.

Aside from making money, these stuff are supposed to be kind of fun to do,

but becaz of the 50% cap, we don't do fishing etc and IMO that's a waste of potential fun.

3. Eliminate empty map: it's good to keep the world scale big, so somewhere is always unexplored and for some people thats what adventure is all about.

But when we see almost nobody everywhere we go, players feel like the community is empty.

If we have like 1000players, sure, but IMO u'll never get that many, so maybe something can be done

to lower the scale of the world so we all won't feel like playing this game alone. Maybe delete the farm, connect PL with the original entrance to the farm(from town), and add a scorp pit in town to compensate? Then both low/high lvl will AFK in town,

and the more afk we see, the more we're motivated to play, becaz if we see nobody around we feel like it's not worth it.

Just remember, new players will be in farm for a while, and after a while, pretty much nobody will be in farm,

so some new players might come to a mis-conclusion that there's nobody in this server(caz they see the farm empty), if there were no farm, this will very less likely to happen.

4. Since Ive played HBUSA for so long already, it's refreshing to play in a community where everyone's still low lvl,

but I just thought some modification and adjustments could be done to make things better, or make it stand out as "nemesis" feature

so I won't feel like I'm just playing a free HBUSA server. Lv140 was a good one though, after 140 it just benefits the warrior so much,

but by having it 140 war can't have both BBH and zerk and still have decent VIT and stuff.

5. Event idea: I always thought this would be cool. It's the GM/NPC raiding event.

GM or any staff member logs into it's strong char, not too godly, but very strong that it may take 10 people to kill them.

Almost like a boss character, but it's manually played by some staff member. After an announcement 1 or 2 of these boss character w/ 8000hp or whatever can raid the town, and we all work together to kill them. And they drop a good amount of money or a zem or something, and there could be many type of boss like warrior, mage, battle mage, archer, whatever. This sounds fun what do u think?

well thats about it for now, phew that was long

Very thought provoking post. Thanks for taking the time to write this. I hope someone who can do something reads it thoughtfully.

It was a very nice post, and your english isn't bad. ^_^

1. I agree with you on Lightning Strike damage, and the admins are (hopefully) working on raising it. I've seen Armor Break with stripping used on other servers, and it's really nice. It would give wars another reason to raid with mages, especially if the war isn't using a hammer.

2. Not too bad of an idea, but skills were made that way for a reason. If you do it that way, there will be a lot more mages/wars running around in manu armor using invis pots. ;) If the admins do decide to change it, I'd suggest just lowering it some, and not changing it to the -50% formula.

3. Not a bad idea, but I personally think farm should stay. It gives new players a place to train in peace, instead of crowding town scorps even more. ;) Plus, if we change it to go directly to pl, that just means even more PL blizz mages raiding town scorps. :ph34r:

4. Agreed. ^_^

5. That's a really good idea I think, and it would be awesome if the GM's could incorporate it somehow. I think it should be 1-3 personally, and played by good EKers of each class (war, mage, bmage). ;) It would be a fun way to get each town to work together. ^_^

you have a great english, i envy you.

About your suggestion... you are asking for big changes (for example wiping the Farm...)

Ls, Es, Ms, MMM have a low damage, i agree.

Very thought provoking post. Thanks for taking the time to write this. I hope someone who can do something reads it thoughtfully.

:blink: sorry if I provoked you.. or did you mean something else? :D

2. Not too bad of an idea, but skills were made that way for a reason. If you do it that way, there will be a lot more mages/wars running around in manu armor using invis pots. wink.gif If the admins do decide to change it, I'd suggest just lowering it some, and not changing it to the -50% formula.

and for this, I think there isnt much to worry about, even if it was w/ the -50% formula,

alchemy and manufactuering is still so much work(collect parts and stuff..)

so there still will be distinct people who can call them self alchemist or manufacturer

because we all know it.. we are all LAZY and not all of us will do 100% on alch and manu even if it was with the -50%,

I know i wont do it lol

He meant that it was a good post and it made him think. ^_^

No sorry you misunderstood....thought provoking is a GOOD thing. Your post was well written.

We wont close any maps...but the event idea and other suggestions are good ones.