Sign in to follow this  
phe

Are You Intending To Keep Buffs The Way They Are? I.e. Pfm Etc

Hi guys just wondering what intentions you have with buffs and their timers, i remember seeing a poll on whether they should be removed or not etc. Being able to cancel your own pfm is really bad as it makes timing people almost pointless and i think that will be a big deterrent for the hardcore pvpers.

You can remove them from your screen with a simple command, you would know if you would check the ingame command system on the website :]

You can remove them from your screen with a simple command, you would know if you would check the ingame command system on the website :]

You are missing the point...

Being able to cancel your own pfm is really bad as it makes timing people almost pointless and i think that will be a big deterrent for the hardcore pvpers.

The poll was set up after we've locked down the files for the beta phase 1. Since we had a big amount of voters and some good opinions on the different aspects of the buff icons, we will adjust those buff icons in the direction the community desires them.

During beta phase 1 we test stability. One of the primary goals is to keep as many game servers crash-free online. So far we've gone with only 1 game server crashing and about 72 hours online time.

The most crucial part becomes after 96 to 120~144 hours as in Nemesis 2 it took about 96~120 hours for 2~4 game servers to crash.

Once we approach the weekend we'll schedule a reboot. Along with this reboot we will be changing some configurations and some server-side code (such as pit respawn rate, etc...) for more global testing. One of these changes (either this or next week) will contain a change in the buff icons.

We will remove the ability to cancel any protection buffs (pfm/amp/pfa/gds and ds) and the ability to see their buff icon on the top-right of the screen. Buff icons for consumables like boosters and the invulnerability buff (and some others like zerk, slates, etc) will stay around for convencience.

We do anticipate to change the way both party interface and buff icons are drawn and how clicking on them behaves. Currently clicking them won't allow you to cast spells or "click through" them to walk/run. This behavior will be adjusted so you can click through them.

As I mentioned, also the way they're drawn will be changed. We anticipate to bring smaller buff icons so they take up less space than the current ones.

Being able to cancel your own pfm is really bad as it makes timing people almost pointless and i think that will be a big deterrent for the hardcore pvpers.

Just if u dont want to read the long text...

The ability to cancel pvp buffs will dissapear during beta.