Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Nemesis 3 Beta And Release Rewards

Ugh, this is disheartening to hear that features that could make the game better, be locked by premium tickets. :(

Premium Tickets are accessible to anyone. If you play a high amount of time you'll gather up a bunch of items along your path to glory and victory. These items can be sold in the Auction House (which can be used by anyone). Selling items there will top-up your Nemesis Balance, and you can directly spend the earned "money" from there in the Cash Shop, and thus you can purchase premium tickets.

In Nemesis 2 we used to fund the server from the money earned by selling the rares in the cash shop. A good income there, but this has proven to be a bad option, even with insane prices we asked for them, it still has proven very bad and was disliked by the majority of the people. We've taken that advice and removed them from the cash shop for Nemesis 3. Instead we added premium tickets and consumable items which'll allow us to fund the server.

During Nemesis 2 we've seen a upgrades of the server machine's hardware to a faster processor, more ram, faster connection speed, anti-ddos measures, OS upgrade, database engine upgrade, etc etc... all this kind of protection and upgrades don't come for free.

I understand that server costs are a concern, but hopefully players will be able to get "cash shop items" and "premium tickets" via in-game drops, not only by selling rare items... maybe instead of bags of gold that big mobs drop (because frankly, who needs 5000 gold or 10000 gold bags), it gives like "a bag of N$1" (1 Nemesis Dollar) and people can accumulate and purchase items in the cash shop!

Of course this can be extended to smaller mobs but with a much lower drop rate: 1 in 10000 for big mobs, 1 in 20000 for small mobs. It makes it "hard to grind" but still possible to get cash shop items if you play enough! And furthermore, it doesn't affect direct sales as people are usually looking for a quick fix when they purchase from the cash shop.

Wow Fang - for me this sounds like the server is going P2P.. 10bucks a month.

These:

Warehouse Tabs (the 1 to 10 bank tabs you got from nemesis 2)

- Repair All (the repair option in blacksmith and shop)

- Party members on mini-map (the yellow dots added in late Nemesis 2)

- (near future) Guild members on mini-map (the green dots that'll be added in the future and can be disabled in-game)

- (near future) Choose recall pad - choose one of the available recall pads and always recall to that pad when using the recall spell.

Shouldn't be locked away from free players. I think you will loose a majority of players by doing so.

I understand that you guys need money to sustain the server and so on. But please do not take away all these features that people are used to have 'For Free'

I really hope that you think this through and only give the premium players something like:

(future) Premium Quests

- (future) Premium Guild Upgrades (e.g. Chat Colors)

- (future) Guild Banners - A banner or flag displaying your guild, the banner/flag gives a specific bonus to those who get near it - bonus will stay upon leaving the "bonus radius" - bonuses include exp boost, gold boost, drop boost, gather boost, etc etc...)

- (far future) Premium PvP Tournaments (there WILL be free-tournaments also!)

- (far future) Guild Emblems - The ability to design and colorize a guild emblem, either by using pre-defined symbols/icons and combining Backgrounds, icons/symbols together and colorizing them.

I don't mind pay to play on a healthy and awesome server. But we need them that won't aswell. And I think you scare more new people then introducing.

Just my 10 cents.

These:

- (near future) Guild members on mini-map (the green dots that'll be added in the future and can be disabled in-game)

- (near future) Choose recall pad - choose one of the available recall pads and always recall to that pad when using the recall spell.

Shouldn't be locked away from free players. I think you will loose a majority of players by doing so.

I understand that you guys need money to sustain the server and so on. But please do not take away all these features that people are used to have 'For Free'

I really hope that you think this through and only give the premium players something like:

(future) Premium Quests

- (future) Guild Banners - A banner or flag displaying your guild, the banner/flag gives a specific bonus to those who get near it - bonus will stay upon leaving the "bonus radius" - bonuses include exp boost, gold boost, drop boost, gather boost, etc etc...)

- (far future) Guild Emblems - The ability to design and colorize a guild emblem, either by using pre-defined symbols/icons and combining Backgrounds, icons/symbols together and colorizing them.

I don't mind pay to play on a healthy and awesome server. But we need them that won't aswell. And I think you scare more new people then introducing.

Just my 10 cents.

This

- Warehouse Tabs (the 1 to 10 bank tabs you got from nemesis 2) => should not be premium

- Party members on mini-map (the yellow dots added in late Nemesis 2)=> should not be premium

- (future) Premium Quests=> should not be premium only, maybe just give the chance to redo some quests that were for limited time

- ... any other kind of awesome feature to have ...

im ok with the others, depending on what else can be added... maybe give the premium some extra teleports to d2,d3 or toh from city

We could ofc remove premium again and add rares back in cash shop... it's what you desire ofc...

There are numerous other features that you have for free:

- Guild System (guilds up to lvl 5 and multiple new ranks)

- Automated Summon Events (free to join in the summon event which scales to the amount of participants)

- Enforced PvP rules during events (Map Restrictions - no more cheating, all is fair play once the rules are set)

- Dragonia map, a fully free accessible map.

- Dynamic Portals: portals taking you around the world of helbreath, especially through the harsh lands of Dragonia

- Effect Zones: Dragons are harsh and guard their terretory and attempt to kill you from a far far distance with stunning visual map effects.

- Advanced Quest System: new types of quests, quest chains, unique event quests, repeatable quests, etc etc... all for free!

- Virtual Maps: A single map with the ability to have multiple instances, (in the future) you'd be able to hire an arena all for yourself, available for non-premium players for a small price in Gold/Contri/other currency

- Twins! 2 brand new npcs you can fight with their own unique drop pool of items, available all for free in Middleland, Dragonia and Dungeon Lv4.

- Hell-Fire, Fury-of-Thor and Sleep, free spells available to anyone who manages to obtain the manual!

- (future) The Golden Era expansion: new creatures will await you to be slain!

- (future) PvP tournament system (free tournaments available for you to play)

- (future) Capture the Flag Event/Mini-game

- (future) In-game Auction House

- (future) Friend list

- (future) Fully worked out soccer event/mini-game

- (future) PM System with C.O.D. item sending ability.

This list is way longer than what you get for premium. The amount of content available for free on-top of the original helbreath is gigantic, yet people tend to forget what they received for free.

Nemesis 3 won't turn into P2P, we'll keep developing numerous features for free like the ones mentioned above.

These:

(future) Premium Quests

Just my 10 cents.

This

I can't imagine a PRIVATE server costing more than an ACTUAL subscription to netflix. Since this is a PRIVATE server, there are no guarentees about ANYTHING.... and yet you want 120$ a year for simple features that make the gameplay alot more enjoyable, that are free on any other well run private server. wow.

Edited by MGD

@MGD: These other private servers you play for 6 months cuz then they run out of funds or support from admins/gms... Even if nemesis runs out of funds, we ensure it'll stay online because we'll pay for it ourselves. Nemesis has been here for MORE than a decade, I doubt it'll be gone any time soon.

I can accept ppl complaining about timers on buffs. PPl have a point here we agree.

But complaining cause theres no tab on warehouse. LOL!

Warehouse will still be the same. u just cant order items on 10 tabs!

Also we made premium ticket as an ingame item so ppl can trade for them. can sell items on auction house to buy premium or can just find someone who sell u a premium for *spam* gold.

and btw. gold will not be easy.

Also joris listed the items. but we are not sure what we are going to keep for free or for premium yet.

Well I will still enjoy the game I'm sure. I just think you have to consider what you are locking out for freebees. I would not sub myself to a private server. But I like to buy a few M / X stones, Majs points and dyes and such when needed. But I see that wouldn't work in the long run. I don't have the solution - I would hate not to be able to do a repair all for an example. But I wouldn't pay 10 bucks a month for it.

It's a hard fix for sure. But I think it needs a rethink for you to make the best option.

there is other option... bonuses for an active premium account, and bonuses for those that at least activated and used the premium for X days(to prevent the "activate"- pause- trade- and other character get the bonus).

if you used the premium for ... 100 hours, you get some permanent bonus

there is other option... bonuses for an active premium account, and bonuses for those that at least activated and used the premium for X days(to prevent the "activate"- pause- trade- and other character get the bonus).

i highly doubt these premium tickets will work like the expierence/gold/drop boosters your trying to compare them to.

@MGD: These other private servers you play for 6 months cuz then they run out of funds or support from admins/gms... Even if nemesis runs out of funds, we ensure it'll stay online because we'll pay for it ourselves. Nemesis has been here for MORE than a decade, I doubt it'll be gone any time soon.

I hear ya on that... and I understand there needs to be cash in to make the burden on you guys better. But I feel like there are ways of making a sustainable cash shop without selling rares or requiring a premium account.

HBOlympia would be a great example. There is very little updating or support from admins/gms in the past 6 months, but yet the cash shop is still thriving. Granted the server is only a little over a year old... but there is still tons of money being made from a not so dedicated gm staff there.

Imagine if you adopted that kind of cash shop, with the way your team administers and supports the end user... I can see the 400+ people online when the server goes live for real (not beta.) And beleive me, people will want m/x stones. Consider the "XP cape" idea which would be bound to a character. These would sell like hot cakes at launch.

Edited by MGD

i highly doubt these premium tickets will work like the expierence/gold/drop boosters your trying to compare them to.

I hear ya on that... and I understand there needs to be cash in to make the burden on you guys better. But I feel like there are ways of making a sustainable cash shop without selling rares or requiring a premium account.

HBOlympia would be a great example. There is very little updating or support from admins/gms in the past 6 months, but yet the cash shop is still thriving. Granted the server is only a little over a year old... but there is still tons of money being made from a not so dedicated gm staff there.

Imagine if you adopted that kind of cash shop, with the way your team administers and supports the end user... I can see the 400+ people online when the server goes live for real (not beta.) And beleive me, people will want m/x stones. Consider the "XP cape" idea which would be bound to a character. These would sell like hot cakes at launch.

I agree that Olympias cash shop worked great. That cash shop matched the server great. It would be needing some tweeks for nemesis I think. And I'm pretty sure that Fang mentioned that he wasn't gonna sell perma armors at any cost.

I could agree that a exp items would be acceptable because it ain't ruining the PvP scene. If the Exp only works from 1-180 and not for majestic points. or maybe getting halfed % gained after lvl 180. But in the long run people stop buying these.

ok all this is comfusing!

We will ahve premium which enable a few visual features, like bank pages. but the wh is the same...

ALSo, on other side, we will have like " Booster potions" for exp, skill increase, gaterig etc.

All this, boosters or premium time tickets, are made like items.

EX:

U use Exp booster and u will see a buff saying remaining time...

U can trade your shits like noob armors or zems for premium tickets or boosters to the ones which uses cash.....

U can also sell your armors in auction house to get cash on nemesis balance which can be used to buy premium tickets...

SO... if u have no money to use. u can get this tickets trading and this is kinda same as getting rewarded for playing right?

HBolympia sell low stateds which arnt bad. and u can get magestics also.

Our shop will be even less fruit than this. As we have the option to RENT items and not to perm sell them...

I have no suggestion right now, but im enjoying the good news.

I trust Nemesis staff thats why i played Nemesis I and II

All i can say is, let them work!

Keep the good work guys!

Long Live Nemesis!!

Fey / Joker

Think i found the answer.

August 22/2013 is also quite a ways away. Not sure if I can wait that long.

If you can't wait for the grand opening... then join in the beta! more beta testers = find bugs faster = finish beta sooner!

If you can't wait for the grand opening... then join in the beta! more beta testers = find bugs faster = finish beta sooner!

Already have and was enjoying exploring the new features. However, I really do not want to put the time in if its going to be erased...

Already have and was enjoying exploring the new features. However, I really do not want to put the time in if its going to be erased...

That's the exact reason why we're handing out rewards to people who do put effort into testing things and finding bugs.

cant catch gm in game, any other way where i can report bugs?

edit: nvm i know now

Edited by luko