Sign in to follow this  
VR-six^

Pits In "safe" Hunting Areas

I think itd b a good idea to get rid of all the crazyness of mobs in ef and sw etc and make actual pits in those areas(NOT garden). this is a good idea bc more ppl wuld actually be training there and durring raid times their wuld b more local areas 2 target, not only shops and wh. and also more local areas 2 maj and, "safer"

hm, i agree that hunting pits could be more controlled or maybe set so that the spawns depend on the amount of players within the area.

it'd be interesting to have mountains the territory of mountain giants with maybe few ettins as their captains. have unicorns in "meadow" like areas and similar changes with the other mobs.

I remember trying to do a twinwar/twinmage hunt and it was seriously harder than hunting demons in D4, and somehow D4 hunts are harder than gargoyle hunting in ToH? somethings amiss here! it's not the boss monsters that really make things difficult, its more the endless wave of random mobs that come along while you're trying to kill that 1 boss that makes everything a real b*tch!

Edited by Xolotl

Feel free to extend your suggestion into actual map displays with pit indicators, which mob has a pit where and with how many are they in that pit etc... A visual image would be nice to see in the suggestion.

Feel free to extend your suggestion into actual map displays with pit indicators, which mob has a pit where and with how many are they in that pit etc... A visual image would be nice to see in the suggestion.

Im not that dedicated anymore :S maybe someone else.

If you can post a good res map here of EF and SW i'll do it for ares :P

Edited by M4RS

take the map at:

EF: http://www.helbreathnemesis.com/portal/index.php?action=map&id=14

SW: http://www.helbreathnemesis.com/portal/index.php?action=map&id=15

take the map at:

EF: http://www.helbreath...ction=map&id=14

SW: http://www.helbreath...ction=map&id=15

ty

Well, This is my idea for SW and EF:

swmap2.png

efmap2.png

---===EF===---

Rudolph Boundarie EF [PIT]

Amount: 10

200,120 - 230,120

200,150 - 230,150

Scorpion Boundarie EF [PIT]

Amount: 15

245,125 - 275,125

245,150 - 275,150

Stone Golem Boundarie EF [PIT]

290,230 - 330,230

290,260 - 330,260

Clay Golem Boundarie EF [PIT]

195,240 - 240,240

195,265 - 240,265

Snake Boundarie EF [PIT]

205,170 - 230,170

205,185 - 230,185

Zombie Boundarie EF [PIT]

305,160 - 330,160

305,180 - 330,180

Skeleton Boundarie EF [PIT]

315,130 - 335,130

315,150 - 335,150

Random Spawn Area:

190,170 - 300,170

190,230 - 300,230

---===SW===---

Unicorn Boundarie SW [PIT]:

Amount: 5

260,120 - 300,120

260,140 - 300,140

Ogre Boundarie SW [PIT]:

Amount: 6

200,120 - 245,120

200,150 - 245,150

WW Boundarie SW [PIT]:

Amount: 6

285,150 - 330,150

285,170 - 330,170

ETT - MG Boundarie SW [PIT]:

Amount: 5 - 6

250,250 - 320,250

250,270 - 320,270

Troll Boundarie SW [PIT]:

195,240 - 230,240

195,270 - 230,270

Random Spawn Area:

195,180 - 330,180

195,240 - 330,240

You do so, please.

My suggestion is to make them no raid places no matter what.

Take the fight to somewhere else... ML is big enough to fight.

Edited by Shompy

I'd like to see the Elvine side too.

For EF i got next suggestion/comment:

- Change top 4 pits as next: (left to right) scorpion, zombie, skeleton and center-right rudolphs. It orders them more properly by difficulty/annoyance to kill.

For SW i got next suggestion/comment:

- Unicorn, mt-giant & ettin pit won't happen -> the only way they'll be in a "pit" is when the pit covers the ENTIRE map, meaning they'll ROAM the map instead of being packed in a pit. (Same as with ML, there's a pit of 3 ettins in ML which covers the ENTIRE ml map, so the 3 ettins roam ML basically, but makes it so there is ALWAYS 3 ettins in ML to be found, no matter what.

I'd like to see the Elvine side too.

- Will do.

For EF i got next suggestion/comment:

- Change top 4 pits as next: (left to right) scorpion, zombie, skeleton and center-right rudolphs. It orders them more properly by difficulty/annoyance to kill.

- Will do.

For SW i got next suggestion/comment:

- Unicorn, mt-giant & ettin pit won't happen -> the only way they'll be in a "pit" is when the pit covers the ENTIRE map, meaning they'll ROAM the map instead of being packed in a pit. (Same as with ML, there's a pit of 3 ettins in ML which covers the ENTIRE ml map, so the 3 ettins roam ML basically, but makes it so there is ALWAYS 3 ettins in ML to be found, no matter what.

As for the Unicorns then I Would suggest to increase the number of unicorns in Gardens, because right now, it takes around 10 minutes running around to find even one, while for example for demons, you can just go to hell gate and your done.

This same thing happends with Liches in D3, I tried to accomplish the Liche quest in D3, spent 4 hours there hunting, and couldn't even get half of it done, the amount should be considerably increased.

As for Ett-MG The idea wasn't "Pit like", if you see the map coords, and not the map drawing the idea is that they roam the whole lower area as they roam ML River, and by the way this same thing happened to me on SW with Ettin Quest, took 4 hours couldn't do even half, while this same thing can be done in ML River in 30 minutes.

Edited by M4RS