Sign in to follow this  
Juno_NH

New Spells.

Curse: makes a random selection to items equipped on your person, makes that item cursed. The item drains your mana and the mana of allies around you at an alarming rate & prevents health regeneration to yourself. The effect last for 240 seconds. The item can be removed to stop the effects, but the curse will remain until the timer runs out.

i like some of that.

curse should be unable to change items for 20 seconds

That one's called "Sleep", can't change armors while slept.

Mana shield is good. I like that idea =)

Some damage mitigation for mages.

I also like the idea of transfering (channeling?) damage to your MP bar instead of your HP bar.

I've seen a Mana shield-like spell (called Magic Shield) in ather games before and noticed ALOT of care must be taken in considering such spell.

Too much absorption by the mana or too long duration or too less delay inbetween a re-cast can make a mage OP instantly.

I also like the idea of an AoE healing spell (Circle of Healing?), but rather of having it instant-heal, have it heal over time, like adding HP stock (as occurs when eating food).

I always like to stretch ideas and go to the extremes, while writing my reply I already though of a couple other possibilities.

Instead of having a mana shield spell, it could be a stat on armors, where it would stack (like ma/df/mr/etc stacks).

You'd build up a set (up to 80% max as with MA), equip the set (let's say set 60% set as example), whenever you receive damage, you'd lose MP and HP, if being hit for 100 damage, you'd lose 60 mp and only 40 hp as a result of the set effect.

This stat obviously leans close to MA & PA absorption where damage would be completely absorbed into your armors, yet combining both can result into a powerful set, you could possibly combine higher pieces into having both ma/pa set + magic/mana shield sets. To give an example, let's say you have 80% MA set and 80% MS (mana shield) set, you get hit for 250 damage, absorb 80% of 250, do you'd be dealt 50 damage, 80% of this damage is deducted from your mana, you'd lose 40 MP, and the last 20% is deducted from your HP resulting in -10HP only when combining the sets together.