Sign in to follow this  
colgateJR

Hitting A Moving Target = 1/2 Damage?

I recently learned that there is an actual damage mechanic that reduces the damage on a moving target by 1/2. So if I crit a mage standing 1 square away from me on my screen, and by the time my crit information reaches the server the mage is standing 2 squares away, then my damage is reduced by 1/2.

Since mage attacks are area effect spells, this would only seem to really effect warriors. I've noticed this in the past, but always thought the low numbers were just very unlucky dice rolls.

So my suggestion is this: remove that mechanic and allow moving targets to take full damage. Since it seems like this effect punishes warriors most, perhaps this could help boost warriors when chasing targets in PvP.

I recently learned that there is an actual damage mechanic that reduces the damage on a moving target by 1/2. So if I crit a mage standing 1 square away from me on my screen, and by the time my crit information reaches the server the mage is standing 2 squares away, then my damage is reduced by 1/2.

Since mage attacks are area effect spells, this would only seem to really effect warriors. I've noticed this in the past, but always thought the low numbers were just very unlucky dice rolls.

So my suggestion is this: remove that mechanic and allow moving targets to take full damage. Since it seems like this effect punishes warriors most, perhaps this could help boost warriors when chasing targets in PvP.

don't be a cliker and land a para :)

Moving targets take full damage, you're just having a shit connection often causing you to hit something that's not longer there according to the server.

But there indeed is a mechanics that reduces damage by 50% when you're "near the attack", which is in a range of 1 tile from the enemy player.