Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Little Update (no Need Client Update)

Server updated with some little fixes and a Change:

Fixed Statbug on new chars which bugs them on barracks.

Fixed max level Bug on barracks.

Added no recall If damage on last 5 Seconds (this will be changed to 10 when fully tested.)

why my summons are my enemy?

Can you tell me exact scenario when they turn enemy and how you got them to turn your against you?

(your story starts with "I casted summon-creature" and ends with "they've turned against me")

Can you tell me exact scenario when they turn enemy and how you got them to turn your against you?

(your story starts with "I casted summon-creature" and ends with "they've turned against me")

- Summon a creature

- Type /hold

- Go inside a building, and back outside

- The summon now appears as an enemy, instead of friendly

I also don't think it will free from hold, I tried it last night and it didn't seem to work for me. I was also told that your summons "change" to an enemy if your summon is /tgting someone and they logoff/dc/change maps.

seems like mobs are going on strike against the administration, its been decades of hb and nobody has fed them!

Edited by cilin

- Summon a creature

- Type /hold

- Go inside a building, and back outside

- The summon now appears as an enemy, instead of friendly

I also don't think it will free from hold, I tried it last night and it didn't seem to work for me. I was also told that your summons "change" to an enemy if your summon is /tgting someone and they logoff/dc/change maps.

This makes sense.

Let me explain why or how:

In the idea of Taming skill we are able to Tame random monsters, the basic idea is that you tame a mob for a certain time, then it turn back to it's original side.

Therefore there's a piece of code that releases following mode, but this piece also turns it back to it's original side.

To fix the summoning count bug (where you thought to have no summons anymore but couldn't summon new mobs) I've implemented this "release following mode" when a player teleports.

In the case you explain, you notice you summon a mob (follows you)

then move into a building (teleport occurs)

this action of teleporting results into the release of following mode, which invokes the piece of code where it turns the mob back to it's original side, which happens to be the configuration's side, which is enemy for most mobs you can summon (except unicorn, cat & bunny).

This bug is fixed in the code, if Farjat updates code, recompiles new game server & reboots, this issue should be resolved.

----

By this previous explenation, you probably noticed me mentioning Taming skill...

Yes, it's true, Taming skill is being worked on and is entering the testing phase, once testing is done it will be release in public.

You've also noticed I started to be more active in forums again, this also means I started to do more coding again.

I'll be seeking to fix up a couple Guild System bugs so we can press it trough testing phase and release it.

There's a black-screen error currently occuring when joining a new guild, so i'll be looking into fixing that.

On top of that, I plan to continue working on Map Virtualization of indevidual guild halls for each guild and the ability for more event arena's (unlimited amount of be honest) to hold events, and later on event AUTOMATED events where only a GM is needed to configure the settings ! (Ofcrouse our beloved Hunter[GM] will be in charge of all events and handle all settings)

A Possible release of all 3 updates together can be done, or one after another in a relatively short period of time.

(the 3 updates would include guild system, map virtualisation with unlimited arena's (and possible guild houses), Taming Skill)