Sign in to follow this  
Ruutu / Risti

Recall

Ok, the conversation about recall timer has been goin on forever, but I got a different kind of suggestion to make that spell a little bit less annoying and at the same time pvp a little bit more enjoyable.

Suggestion: Double the casting time for recall

Just a simple idea that crossed my head, this way you would still be able to recall whenever needed, just not while being damaged. This suggestion is made, so pvp action could be more enjoyable.

Is it possible to alter individual spells like that though?

I know in other games its easily done, but everything seems to be 50 times harder when Simian-tech writing the code.

Really good idea. If it would be hard to code the double cast time, you can try applying a frozen effect when casting recall. Simply speaking, once you cast recall you instantly become frozen. Just my few cents for the whole idea...

rgds

hmm

how about you have to cast recall twice on urself to actually get recalled,

but anyway i dont like this idea lols

simple fix to this actually.

after cast, include a timer.

eg : cast recall, then on ur screen shows :

Recalling in 4 secs

Recalling in 3 secs

Recalling in 2 secs

Recalling in 1 secs

Should any damage be taken during countdown, the spell cancels. Its same principle as logout or restart on death timer.

I think this is an easy fix for the skilled coders this server has. Heck, with some luck i might be able to do this myself lols.

EDIT : I think recall shld be left the way it is now though, recall having a longer recall timing would affect the newer players.

simple fix to this actually.

after cast, include a timer.

eg : cast recall, then on ur screen shows :

Recalling in 4 secs

Recalling in 3 secs

Recalling in 2 secs

Recalling in 1 secs

Should any damage be taken during countdown, the spell cancels. Its same principle as logout or restart on death timer.

I think this is an easy fix for the skilled coders this server has. Heck, with some luck i might be able to do this myself lols.

EDIT : I think recall shld be left the way it is now though, recall having a longer recall timing would affect the newer players.

If its coded well and it works fine, new players would only see that this server is being kept updated.

And to be honest Im more worried about the old players leaving than new players coming, because I see some good players leaving every week and I can only see few new players who usually quits in first few days/ weeks.

From my experience recall as it is has been, is one of the main reasons for old hb players to leave nemesis or not to play it and go for another servers.

Agreed with tbone. Make a timer that makes it so you cant recall within 5 seconds of damage.

Yeah but make it another way around, that you can actually recall anytime you want but it takes few secs untill the recall activates and if ur being damaged while the countdown u gotta cast the recall again.

Frees.

Another intelligent addition to the discussion.

If nothing else, I just want that stupid "bug" where they can recall while getting hit for 40+ fixed. That is the biggest joke. That's not supposed to be in the game.

I think it would be better if you can only cast recall on yourself when you have not tanken dmg for, 1-2-3-4 secs.. same way than recal scrolls, but with less time since casting is harder than just clicking a scroll.

why this way?

Cuz if after you cast recall you always have to wait 5 seconds, it would be anoying when you are recalling in town and can't get to the tp you want... also if you are hunting or something, or you just loged in and want to recal...it becomes anoyng after a while to be waiting everytime...

This way you can avoid ninja scapes from battle, and still keep the spell in a fast way to move around...