Sign in to follow this  
-Gambit

Idea : A Drawing/design Contest?

I remember there was a design a weapon contest a year or two ago.

As it might be a bit lame to do an identical contest again... how about a drawing contest (perhaps drawing your own character?) or maby design an accessory contest? Would be cool to have an out-game event with ingame prizes. As last time the prizes were ogre ring & ??? maby this time have same type of rewards or something, maby dm5 or ms25 necky for example? Or something like ms30 wand / excalibur or a kloness weap of your choice / soie / kwand / reswand ms10? Another option would be an unique colored armorpiece? Maby smth like a horned helm/hat of the color of your choice with some kind of stats, an unique colored cape with some kinda stats.. Anything. Anyways, as there hasn't been (as far as I know) any events of this type in nem2 yet, it wouldn't hurt to bring a non-pve-obtained-unique into play. I remember hb usa had a drawing contest a few years back, was lots of fun (prize was 1 year subscription/gametime).. Pretty many people took part of it etc.

Either way, would be fun to be able to compete with others players in other ways than raiding & hunting, you should consider it.

With best wishes,

Gambit :).

//EDIT

I missed the "event suggestions go to the other forum" topic. I'm sorry. Could this thread be moved there please?

mm, give dyes for drawings..

Well, that's an option. Was thinking maby smth like mr/mp/hp 21 cape of the color of the winner's choice.

Either way, what the prize is doesn't really matter much, I'm sure the gm's would think of something cool.

How's the idea? Anyone else up for this?

As it might be a bit lame to do an identical contest again... how about a drawing contest (perhaps drawing your own character?) or maby design an accessory contest? Would be cool to have an out-game event with ingame prizes. As last time the prizes were ogre ring & ??? maby this time have same type of rewards or something, maby dm5 or ms25 necky for example? Or something like ms30 wand / excalibur or a kloness weap of your choice / soie / kwand / reswand ms10? Another option would be an unique colored armorpiece? Maby smth like a horned helm/hat of the color of your choice with some kind of stats, an unique colored cape with some kinda stats.. Anything. Anyways, as there hasn't been (as far as I know) any events of this type in nem2 yet, it wouldn't hurt to bring a non-pve-obtained-unique into play. I remember hb usa had a drawing contest a few years back, was lots of fun (prize was 1 year subscription/gametime).. Pretty many people took part of it etc.

Either way, would be fun to be able to compete with others players in other ways than raiding & hunting, you should consider it.

With best wishes,

//EDIT

I missed the "event suggestions go to the other forum" topic. I'm sorry. Could this thread be moved there please?

Hmm.. Let me guess, you are a good drawer?

^_^

With best wishes,

//EDIT

Hmm.. Let me guess, you are a good drawer?

^_^

That'd probably be for others to decide. If the official game went through with this with the prize being 120$ in gametime, why couldn't this community? Another option would be to just run a "creative contest" where people could enter with their essays, drawings, designs for new items, short stories etc.

Your question is practically as good as asking someone who's suggested a pvp event "Oh yeah right! Wow, let me guess, you're probably good at pvp? ^_^" Thus, whether you can or you can not draw it's not my problem, no need to take the fun out of it for others though, don't you think? Besides, there's already been a similar event (the "design a weapon" event") that went rather well, was cool to keep track of & everyone had fun.

prob has the picture ready :lol:

Wow, you're a funny one, aren't ya? Bet this lil punchline kept you amused for hours :glare: .

personally i'd like to see MA10 neck and changing ruby ring to PA/HP 10 since nobody uses ruby ring cus theres emmy.

Well, the usage of the items designed would probably be up to the gamemasters later on. The bottom line is - would be cool to have an out-game event.

I always really hated the out of game competition for ingame items deal - it didn't seem to me to be in-line with the game - or the goals of the game (which are to be good at the game so you can win competitions).

Although I'd like to see a competition, I think it should be in no way linked with ingame item gain. Make it a town thing maybe and give the winning person a choice of a set of monsters for a summon event for that town (a pre-packed choice of monsters).