Sign in to follow this  
Ruutu / Risti

Change Shield Pa Calculation?!?

Ok since its commonly known fact that mages are overpowered compared to wars and mage dk set has high pa I am suggesting to change the shield pa calculation, since as it is now I think its coded incorrectly.

So do we have PA calculations which reduce the ORIGINAL damage with a shield instead of the REMAINING damage (making the reduction a HELL of a lot more), causing damage to go well in to NEGATIVE numbers? Cause I see lots of mages getting hit by -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1, as anything 0 or below is set to -1 damage.

So is it something like mage wear dk chain + m.shield + tower shield with 100% shield skill

Then he gets hit by 100.. chain pa is 50% + m.shield 20% + shield with 100% skill is 35% pa making it total of 105% pa.. so mage gets hit by -1dmg.

And if shield was absorbing the remaining dmg it would be chain 50% + m.shield 20% making it 70% pa and the hit would be -dmg30 and the shield would absorb the 35% from the REMAINING dmg of 30.. making the hit do -19dmg.

I think thats the way it should work and it would balance things out alot.

Regards,

Ruutu

I know that the pa% I said arent the right once, thats just an example.

There is the problem, just with the numbers you are giving it make sense... since if you come and say that every dex mage has 100% PA at every hit and if it is true then we will agree.

Is like saying, a war with 50 MAG has 800% MR allways, lets reduce MR or change the mr formula.

Not allways a mage get hitted on their Chain... is just a probability.

Also they can get hitted at their head with a BS hat.

I have saw tons of dex mages dieing, some are harder than others, some are more skilled than others... but none of them get hitted -1 allways. For some reason on the mass fights the mages are the target and the first to die, we wouldnt aim them if they get a -1 damamge allways.

I am not saying this as a Mage, first because i am using wars, second because i dont have a dex mage.

There is the problem, just with the numbers you are giving it make sense... since if you come and say that every dex mage has 100% PA at every hit and if it is true then we will agree.

Is like saying, a war with 50 MAG has 800% MR allways, lets reduce MR or change the mr formula.

I have saw tons of dex mages dieing, some are harder than others, some are more skilled than others... but none of them get hitted -1 allways. For some reason on the mass fights the mages are the target and the first to die, we wouldnt aim them if they get a -1 damamge allways.

I am not saying this as a Mage, first because i am using wars, second because i dont have a dex mage.

The fact that mages get hit by -1 isnt my point here, just overall that they get hit so damn low when shielded.

Mages are aimed 1st in fights because they deal too much dmg to be left alive and their supportive possibilities are way better than warriors. It is common sense that mages needs to be aimed 1st, if u aimed wars 1st mages would be capable of dealing damn high dmg without interruptions, they would be able to amp wars making them nearly impossible to kill.

And ur comparision to the mr formula is completely faulty and complete nonsense it just has nothing to do with the case.

And this isnt only about mages, have u tried to kill a war with tower + m.shield on a warrior? its impossibility.

My suggestion has nothing to do with base pa of armors or the way it works, either it has nothing to do with m.shield pa calculation. It would only fix the faulty pa calculation of shields, making the pvp more enjoyable and fixing something that is actually wrong.

I know its a probability and I know the exact numbers as well.. 50% chest, 15% berk, 25% legs, 10% head. (delete them if they arent information u want to give out)

Lets make a new example for u with wizard hat.. Im not sure but I think it has a base pa of 35%.

So again ur original dmg is -100.. hat has 35% pa I think, m.shield has 20% pa, tower has 35% pa if Im correct. With the current calculation thats 90% pa in the WEAKEST body part with 10% chance to hit it and u hit it -10dmg that just isnt right. If the pa calculation in shields were fixed that would be 35% + 20% pa (55%) making the dmg -45 and then we take off the shield pa of 35% and the final dmg would be 29, now that is reasonable isnt it?

My suggestion has nothing to do with base pa of armors or the way it works, either it has nothing to do with m.shield pa calculation. It would only fix the faulty pa calculation of shields, making the pvp more enjoyable and fixing something that is actually wrong.

But why we have to change the PA shield calculation? and why it is wrong the actual calculation?

So again ur original dmg is -100.. hat has 35% pa I think, m.shield has 20% pa, tower has 35% pa if Im correct. With the current calculation thats 90% pa in the WEAKEST body part with 10% chance to hit it and u hit it -10dmg that just isnt right. If the pa calculation in shields were fixed that would be 35% + 20% pa (55%) making the dmg -45 and then we take off the shield pa of 35% and the final dmg would be 29, now that is reasonable isnt it?

As i sayed, this could make sense if you are giving the real numbers and they are high, then we could think if your suggestion is good or not.

That is why i gave you the example of MR... just because someone says that something give you MR 800% or PA 2500% is not a valid point to change a calculation.

I dont think a Hat from BS has PA 35%, not even close.

A tower pa 35% either.

I dont know where did you get that info and why do you asume it is the same here.

Think when the PA was stackable, with your numbers a mage with just DK set , with out shield, with out mshield... Should had more than 150% PA, and i dont remember hitting -1 to a mage with just DK set. Only to those with PA set.

Why would someone get/use/pay for PA armors when the MAX pa from stated armor is 39% if the dk set could have around 35%?

But why we have to change the PA shield calculation? and why it is wrong the actual calculation?

As i sayed, this could make sense if you are giving the real numbers and they are high, then we could think if your suggestion is good or not.

That is why i gave you the example of MR... just because someone says that something give you MR 800% or PA 2500% is not a valid point to change a calculation.

I dont think a Hat from BS has PA 35%, not even close.

A tower pa 35% either.

I dont know where did you get that info and why do you asume it is the same here.

Think when the PA was stackable, with your numbers a mage with just DK set , with out shield, with out mshield... Should had more than 150% PA, and i dont remember hitting -1 to a mage with just DK set. Only to those with PA set.

Why would someone get/use/pay for PA armors when the MAX pa from stated armor is 39% if the dk set could have around 35%?

Because shield as it is now, gives too much defence. With the calulation I am suggesting shield would still be damn usefull and vital item for mages, but it would prevent a bs item making people nearly immortal, it would also make pvp more fun and balanced.

You do not seem to understand a bit of pa calculations. People would buy and use pa items because also normal armors have base pa.. for example normal chain mail has a base pa of 32.. if u had pa 33 chain mail, it would have total pa of 65.. now that is pretty nice isnt it?

And I am 99% sure all the pa% Im telling here are correct.

And please stop trying to find pig holes from my suggestion just because u dont like me.

I understand questions and so, but please read the suggestion think how it would affect gameplay and pvp and pvm.. how big the change would actually be and base the discussion on that. Base it on facts

Dont base the discussion on whos the 1 suggesting it.

Discussion shall continue!

And this isnt only about mages, have u tried to kill a war with tower + m.shield on a warrior? its impossibility.

this is a mmporg (or whatever u spell it) game, and manybe you are not suposed to be able to kill any1 alone?

if you get a mage to help you, you can get him down in no time.

mages arent even close to be as immortal as u think, 2 seconds of lag and you can die as a mage, nemesis has 90- max hp when lvl max, so dex mages got about 611 hp if im not mistaken, in a batle where he dont keep max hp whole time, a mage lags for a second and 3/4 wars crits can down it in less than 4 seconds even with shield and mshield.

only ones that can resist are people with good itens, and those just like wars with mr/ma sets are suposed to be way harder to get down (no considering skills).

since as it is now I think its coded incorrectly.

PA has been changed a couple months ago on an update, and PA shields DO work correctly, I can confirm that as I coded it with my own hands :D

PA Always has been like that, the DK is something new ever since majestics and angels came etc which made it prety much harder to kill the enemy.

Though I think no further changes to PA should be applied besides perhaps the addition of PA rings (saph and plat) again.

this is a mmporg (or whatever u spell it) game, and manybe you are not suposed to be able to kill any1 alone?

if you get a mage to help you, you can get him down in no time.

mages arent even close to be as immortal as u think, 2 seconds of lag and you can die as a mage, nemesis has 90- max hp when lvl max, so dex mages got about 611 hp if im not mistaken, in a batle where he dont keep max hp whole time, a mage lags for a second and 3/4 wars crits can down it in less than 4 seconds even with shield and mshield.

only ones that can resist are people with good itens, and those just like wars with mr/ma sets are suposed to be way harder to get down (no considering skills).

You sound like Im trying to drag down the whole mage class and make it useless. No absolutely no, this would be a small change to improve pvp action and balance things out between wars and mages, even with this change mages would stand huge advantage, just not as huge as it is now.

The idea is to prevent warriors hitting negative numbers or continuously hitting awfully low that cant be the idea, it just makes no sense that u hit for 1dmg versus mage on a fh abh war or bbh war as its supposed to be the weak class vs physical attacks.

Take all the max lvl warriors together and count their average crit dmg versus naked mage.. the result would be like 90... now lets say u r chased by 4 wars and u lag for 3sec.. gives time for each war to hit like 4 crits makes it total of 16crits, lets say average base dmg of those 4 wars were 90, u had tower + m.shield + dk set (no maginSapphire or anything) 8 crits hitted ur chain now those were really low dmg like 1-5 making it all together 30 dmg, 4 hitted ur legs making something like 10-18 dmg each together it was 50dmg, 2 hitted ur berk like 20 dmg together 40, and 2 hitted ur hat for like 25dmg, together 50... They made 170dmg while u lagged.

Thats just another example, probably not exactly correct numbers.

since as it is now I think its coded incorrectly.

PA has been changed a couple months ago on an update, and PA shields DO work correctly, I can confirm that as I coded it with my own hands :D

PA Always has been like that, the DK is something new ever since majestics and angels came etc which made it prety much harder to kill the enemy.

Though I think no further changes to PA should be applied besides perhaps the addition of PA rings (saph and plat) again.

How is the shield pa calculated then? can you tell me the formula, its from original dmg or remaining dmg after armors?

i know i didnt put my point in good words, but well your numbers are very messed, 16 crits with tower+ mshield will make at least 400+ ,you are probably making sum mistake on your calculum of the dmg

Ruutu we should test this, put a mage with dk set mshield 100% tower and do 18 crit with abh or bbh and count the damage.

Im pretty sure it wont be more than 300. Its *censored*ed up.

i know i didnt put my point in good words, but well your numbers are very messed, 16 crits with tower+ mshield will make at least 400+ ,you are probably making sum mistake on your calculum of the dmg

Now ur talking serious crap, just tested it and I let abh / dm5/ dragon ring war hit me from BEHIND having m.shield + tower + dk set I lost 328 hp

The fact that mages get hit by -1 isnt my point here, just overall that they get hit so damn low when shielded.

Mages are aimed 1st in fights because they deal too much dmg to be left alive and their supportive possibilities are way better than warriors. It is common sense that mages needs to be aimed 1st, if u aimed wars 1st mages would be capable of dealing damn high dmg without interruptions, they would be able to amp wars making them nearly impossible to kill.

And ur comparision to the mr formula is completely faulty and complete nonsense it just has nothing to do with the case.

i agree with Ruu, he is correct that mages deal damage and sometime so overpowering i cant imagine.

a dkwarrior with 200 dex, m shield and tower+0 is pretty impossible to even make them chug when ur by urself. i think that mages r overpowered already and they should change the pa% ;D

Numbers you've given here Ruutu are wrong :) When you hit hat, while tower+mshield is on, the pa is 68%. When you hit while tower+mshield is on, pa with dlchain is 91%, hose 81% and berk 71%. And when you strip you can get hit naked on shield+mshield which gives 53% pa.

To hit chain 50%, hose 20%, berk 20% and hat 10%. So basically you 1/2 take 9% dmg in, 1/5 19%, 1/5 29% and 1/10 32%. And when you strip and some1 hits the stripped part you do 47% dmg in. Thats why the strip is so effective and I don't like weapons below 182str.

Anyways the pa is fine. 1vs1 mage will have advantage but in bigger fight mage gets owned pretty easily in paras. And for some reason in shields stats pa doesn't seem to work.

I just think DK should be nerfed, for warriors and mages.

Because shield as it is now, gives too much defence. With the calulation I am suggesting shield would still be damn usefull and vital item for mages, but it would prevent a bs item making people nearly immortal, it would also make pvp more fun and balanced.

I understand that point, that was the kind of answer i wanted.

I will still insist on the PA on the armors and m shield... because your formula worth to apply it if those numbers were real, if the PA on the armors is a lot lower then there is no need to change it...

What i mean is, lets give an extreme example with your formula with a different PA %:

Tower= pa15%, m shield= pa20%, Hat= 12%

Actual formula(but i think this is not the actual formula): 100 damage on the Hat-> 100 - (100*47/100)= 53 damage

Your formula: 100 damage on the Hat -> (100 - (100*32/100))-> 68-(68*15/100)= 58

With your PA % the increase of the damage was Huge in one example increased 18 times(1800%, from 1 to 19) and at the other example increased 2 times (190%, from 10 to 29)

While with a lower PA% example the damage is increased by a 9,5%, from 53 to 58.

In this last case(if those low PA% were true which arent), would worth to change the original formula for a 10%? Would worth to take the risk to bug something else (like the DR function on Shields)? Isnt "53" a decent damage? Arent the Dex mages who spent 40 points on dex the most harmed?

That is why i think if we would know the natural PA of the armors for real, the Original formula on PA at shield and m shield, The actual formula... then we could discuss if everything is ok or a change it is needed.

But the truth is We (you, me and everyone on this topic) dont know.

For example, i am not sure if the m shield PA is added allways, im sure the PA on mshield i a lot higher than 20%.

You do not seem to understand a bit of pa calculations. People would buy and use pa items because also normal armors have base pa.. for example normal chain mail has a base pa of 32.. if u had pa 33 chain mail, it would have total pa of 65.. now that is pretty nice isnt it

-I know every armor has a natural PA :glare: , but a Chain from BS = pa32%? a hat from BS = pa35%?, is impossible ruutu... Remember when the PA was stackable? why we didnt hit -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 to a Goldie mage with chain(32)+Hat(35)+Wizz Berk(How much? 25?)+Knight Leggings(how much? 30?) when their PA should be around 100% with out shiled+mshield according to your numbers! Even a HC had to hit -1 -1 -1 to a goldie mage with those numbers!!

- Yes, if you say a chain is pa32 and +33%, give you 65% pa... but IF the BS chain is pa32.

-I remember Shion!!! with a Hoses PA21%, when the PA was stackable and that Hoses were allways working he was hard die. Everyone wanted to buy it, why would they want to buy it if a DK legg has like 40% PA, more DEF and more endu (I say 40%, i am just guessing the number you could say). Are you going to tell me that a chain Hoses has a lot more than 20% PA?

And please stop trying to find pig holes from my suggestion just because u dont like me.

I understand questions and so, but please read the suggestion think how it would affect gameplay and pvp and pvm.. how big the change would actually be and base the discussion on that. Base it on facts

-it is childish to think that someone will agree or not with you just because he likes you or not.

-You say i dont like you like if i hate you or something lol , while at Neme v.2 i have never talked to you or shit talked with you ingame :S

-Do you think i saw this and thought "Oh no, my best enemy ruutu has a brillant idea... i will not allow this!!" come on man :blush:

-Most i have sayed were about the PA %, if you say for example that a hat gives 35% PA or dk chain 50%PA then is like mages are inmortal and something must be done... but probably the hat is around 15% or less, they are not inmortal and your formula changes.

-The reason i am posting here is because i found this topic interesting, if it was because is you and wanted to find "pig holes" i would have posted at your topic: "what to do after getting fh"... but it was horrible (sry haha :P ) and i wasnt interested like i am at this one.

Now ur talking serious crap, just tested it and I let abh / dm5/ dragon ring war hit me from BEHIND having m.shield + tower + dk set I lost 328 hp

You dont have to tell him that, and "328" is closest to "400+" than to "170", and your "170" was with 16 succefull critics while the "328" probably missed some hits.

Anyways, testing with PA doesnt give you a truth, is hard to know. Since you dont know wich armor was hitted (well, if you drop & pick them you can notice) and what was suposed to be the real damage (dice roll+adds).

It is still a statical, perhaps next time you do 800 and next 100

---

I think the key is on the m shield more than the shield, how does it work? does it add pa allways? Is PA30?

If you change something on the m shield, it will have an equally effect to vit mages and dex mages, and not to dex mages only.

I understand that point, that was the kind of answer i wanted.

I will still insist on the PA on the armors and m shield... because your formula worth to apply it if those numbers were real, if the PA on the armors is a lot lower then there is no need to change it...

What i mean is, lets give an extreme example with your formula with a different PA %:

Tower= pa15%, m shield= pa20%, Hat= 12%

Actual formula(but i think this is not the actual formula): 100 damage on the Hat-> 100 - (100*47/100)= 53 damage

Your formula: 100 damage on the Hat -> (100 - (100*32/100))-> 68-(68*15/100)= 58

With your PA % the increase of the damage was Huge in one example increased 18 times(1800%, from 1 to 19) and at the other example increased 2 times (190%, from 10 to 29)

While with a lower PA% example the damage is increased by a 9,5%, from 53 to 58.

In this last case(if those low PA% were true which arent), would worth to change the original formula for a 10%? Would worth to take the risk to bug something else (like the DR function on Shields)? Isnt "53" a decent damage? Arent the Dex mages who spent 40 points on dex the most harmed?

That is why i think if we would know the natural PA of the armors for real, the Original formula on PA at shield and m shield, The actual formula... then we could discuss if everything is ok or a change it is needed.

But the truth is We (you, me and everyone on this topic) dont know.

For example, i am not sure if the m shield PA is added allways, im sure the PA on mshield i a lot higher than 20%.

You do not seem to understand a bit of pa calculations. People would buy and use pa items because also normal armors have base pa.. for example normal chain mail has a base pa of 32.. if u had pa 33 chain mail, it would have total pa of 65.. now that is pretty nice isnt it

-I know every armor has a natural PA :glare: , but a Chain from BS = pa32%? a hat from BS = pa35%?, is impossible ruutu... Remember when the PA was stackable? why we didnt hit -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 to a Goldie mage with chain(32)+Hat(35)+Wizz Berk(How much? 25?)+Knight Leggings(how much? 30?) when their PA should be around 100% with out shiled+mshield according to your numbers! Even a HC had to hit -1 -1 -1 to a goldie mage with those numbers!!

- Yes, if you say a chain is pa32 and +33%, give you 65% pa... but IF the BS chain is pa32.

-I remember Shion!!! with a Hoses PA21%, when the PA was stackable and that Hoses were allways working he was hard die. Everyone wanted to buy it, why would they want to buy it if a DK legg has like 40% PA, more DEF and more endu (I say 40%, i am just guessing the number you could say). Are you going to tell me that a chain Hoses has a lot more than 20% PA?

-it is childish to think that someone will agree or not with you just because he likes you or not.

-You say i dont like you like if i hate you or something lol , while at Neme v.2 i have never talked to you or shit talked with you ingame :S

-Do you think i saw this and thought "Oh no, my best enemy ruutu has a brillant idea... i will not allow this!!" come on man :blush:

-Most i have sayed were about the PA %, if you say for example that a hat gives 35% PA or dk chain 50%PA then is like mages are inmortal and something must be done... but probably the hat is around 15% or less, they are not inmortal and your formula changes.

-The reason i am posting here is because i found this topic interesting, if it was because is you and wanted to find "pig holes" i would have posted at your topic: "what to do after getting fh"... but it was horrible (sry haha :P ) and i wasnt interested like i am at this one.

You dont have to tell him that, and "328" is closest to "400+" than to "170", and your "170" was with 16 succefull critics while the "328" probably missed some hits.

Anyways, testing with PA doesnt give you a truth, is hard to know. Since you dont know wich armor was hitted (well, if you drop & pick them you can notice) and what was suposed to be the real damage (dice roll+adds).

It is still a statical, perhaps next time you do 800 and next 100

---

I think the key is on the m shield more than the shield, how does it work? does it add pa allways? Is PA30?

If you change something on the m shield, it will have an equally effect to vit mages and dex mages, and not to dex mages only.

Thinking of it now, my pa% are not correct, Skyas gave us the correct numbers tho.

Changing the shield pa calculation is not a big job, theres awfully low chance any coder could possibly mess things up if changing it, so thats not too big of a consern.

m.shield absorbs dmg in every hit, Im not sure is it 20% or 30%.

Even tho my pa% numbers were wrong, I made my point about the usefullness of pa armors compared to master armors.

Again in your example of that goldie mage, ur mistaking badly since when pa was stacking, the base pa was not.. only the extra pa as in stats were stacking.

What I said about you not likeing me, I didnt mean that you would agree if it was some1 else suggesting, I just meant that forget all about the 1 suggesting it and base the discussion on the suggestion.

The test I made on my mage about those 18 crits was just fast test, tested once and the warrior was critting me from behind.

And I just made fast calculation about that 170dmg, wasnt actually doing any math, just pulled numbers out of my head that seem to fit.

here let me end this discussion... remove dk sets. end of argument.

It would change hbnem from hbrecall to hbpvp.

Pvps would last much less hours than now^^ i like it hehe

(hmmm hunting would be `HARDER, BEtter, Faster, stronger` [tankers] - need more dr sets, more mages :-))

DK should has much lower endu. That would help too. :-)