Sign in to follow this  
Cleanser

Speed Bug Abusers

definitely what ever they do will change the game. The main issue that i see with taking the tab key away is the bump/not seeing yourself issue where you have to change mode 3-4 times to get out. certainly having to click the key (sword key) that fast then click to where you have to go will take alot longer to get away from that bug and probably making you more vulnerable to die to it.

If there is some way to make it so when you use the F keys it would be like making it so right before it casts the spell it auto Right Clicks so it makes you stop where you are before the cast? That i think would be the best way to solve it and im pretty sure jaapy can find a way to make this work =x.

well for those of us that actually have skill and shield cast with shield bound to f2 or f3... welll

no ur idea doesnt work

I'm fairly certain that you can only tab bug using a magic bound button. So yes, it will work. I suggested this much earlier.

I haven't really tested it, but tell me if I'm wrong...the tab bug only works when you have a wand out and are using a magic-bound F key.

Note: The tab key ALWAYS makes you look funny, however, I don't think you gain any actual speed if you do not have a wand out and a spell isn't bound to the F key that you're hitting. You just mess up your frames on your screen, and can cause slight graphical glitches on other people's screen.

definitely what ever they do will change the game. The main issue that i see with taking the tab key away is the bump/not seeing yourself issue where you have to change mode 3-4 times to get out. certainly having to click the key (sword key) that fast then click to where you have to go will take alot longer to get away from that bug and probably making you more vulnerable to die to it.

If there is some way to make it so when you use the F keys it would be like making it so right before it casts the spell it auto Right Clicks so it makes you stop where you are before the cast? That i think would be the best way to solve it and im pretty sure jaapy can find a way to make this work =x.

well for those of us that actually have skill and shield cast with shield bound to f2 or f3... welll

no ur idea doesnt work

I'm fairly certain that you can only tab bug using a magic bound button. So yes, it will work. I suggested this much earlier.

I haven't really tested it, but tell me if I'm wrong...the tab bug only works when you have a wand out and are using a magic-bound F key.

Note: The tab key ALWAYS makes you look funny, however, I don't think you gain any actual speed if you do not have a wand out and a spell isn't bound to the F key that you're hitting. You just mess up your frames on your screen, and can cause slight graphical glitches on other people's screen.

no.. Insert a name does it with sword in hand

It doesnt work with a weapon or shield.

You need your hand free to cast.

Stop giving names, we are trying to find a solution, dont convert this in a flamming topic.

Synz & Autumn, if you hold the left click down, the right click doesnt work and you still can run abusing of the Bug.

Edit: Every solution sound fine but they have negative parts.

The perfect solution is that you MUST cast after pressing F4 or F2 and F3 if they have a magic bound.

Now, the problem is that if you hold the Left click, the right click seems not to work.

Notice how if you are running and you aim a character you do not stop, but if you do this "trick" and you Aim a character while you are running super fast you stop to Cast... Why does this happen? Why when you abuse of the bug what make you stop to cast when you aim a char and not when you aim the ground?. Perhaps the fix is there, so when you press a F2/3/4 (with a magic bound) ti should work the same way as if you were aiming a character.

Hello,

Well I never knew about this till now, and to be honest I think the best solution should be is to log the people that are constantly changing from peace to battle mode on x period of time, like on the old servers it used to log cast hack and stuff like that...

Now I don't know if the client send a request to the server to change the battle mode, and honestly I don't think so, so most likely in that case it will be hard to log whoever is doing it cause the server doesn't know what's going on...

Somewhere, somehow, it could be detected and like I said whoever is doing it should be banned.

There's my 2 cents.

uhhhhh?

i am like 99% sure I see people with shield or weapon doing it and moving faster

i hope your not 99% sure =x. ran it with a macro with shield on and it did not work. sooo theres your answer. it works with all the Fkeys when magic is bound and hands do have to be free to cast as elguason said. but yeah maybe if when you cast it makes the cursor act likes its aiming at a character it would stop the bug. Awesome idea elguason. :D

Elguason: You can have the game run a client-side script that emulates releasing the left-click, then have the right click trigger, then have the magic cast.

This could have anti-virus' mad at us though, possibly.

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21348

i was with Lii there, and i had MEGALAG too. They were macring with and without shield. That was horrible. Lii couldnt move and died.

If I had good settings of hypercam i would cam it :/

I have also found that I have terrible intense lag when multiple tabbers or one extreme tabber is around me

I dunno the relationship but by experience I think there is one

What if you can acces peace/attack mode only by clicking the peace /attack mode button?

In addition create a 3, 4 seg delay between consecutive changes, meaning once you entered peace/attack you have to wait 3,4 secs to go peace/attack again.

If you add a delay you will die when you get bumped and need to click the Peace/attack mode 2 times at least and wait like 8 seconds...

I still see the best solution is putting a FPS limit on the client.

It completely nullifies the whole "tab bug" and it levels the playing field. People with 500 fps won't have a computer advantage over a player with 50 or 60 fps. I have seen warriors out run mages while frozen, why the *censored* is that even possible (and he was wearing a shield...)

If you add a delay you will die when you get bumped and need to click the Peace/attack mode 2 times at least and wait like 8 seconds...

True, I forgot that little detail xD

this needs to get fixed asap, I'm seeing elvines tabbing to safety all day long (there could be aresden's doing it, but being one, I don't see them raiding)

EDIT: Read every Posts before you post, dont give a names. Give a solution or a suggestion or SHUT UP... this isnt a topic to accuse or flame.

Squall[GM]

Well, i've been following this post closely...and still searching for an answer...

You could get rid of the tab key, but that would possibly make the game user un-friendly.

You could use a log to check the tabbers, and IMO this could work...but gm's would be checking logs 25/8

The next solution, if you press f4, f3, f2, if they're bound to magic, MAKE IT CAST; this seems to be the best solution in my head.

The sp bound to tab key could possibley work exponentially, but i see a lot of noobs dying to this...especially low lvl mages. Isnt it true that if you switch to peace mode theres a df advantage?

I dont really have any new ideas...but, we do have possible options, even if they're not the best ones.

(TABBERS SUCK :angry: )

Hm not sure if that is possible currently (I mean without rewriting alot of code).

Checking into it.

Well, i've been following this post closely...and still searching for an answer...

You could get rid of the tab key, but that would possibly make the game user un-friendly.

You could use a log to check the tabbers, and IMO this could work...but gm's would be checking logs 25/8

The next solution, if you press f4, f3, f2, if they're bound to magic, MAKE IT CAST; this seems to be the best solution in my head.

The sp bound to tab key could possibley work exponentially, but i see a lot of noobs dying to this...especially low lvl mages. Isnt it true that if you switch to peace mode theres a df advantage?

I dont really have any new ideas...but, we do have possible options, even if they're not the best ones.

(TABBERS SUCK :angry: )

Making a log for logging tabs would grow exponentially large and take up massive amounts of hdd space in no time.

The most plausible solution is the suggestion of a force cast, punishing people by using tab in the form of an SP drain is rather unneeded.

You'd have to figure out how to make the player stop moving and use the spell bound to those keys. But you'd also need to make sure you do not make the "item bound to F2/F3" not work anymore.

I still see the best solution is putting a FPS limit on the client.

It completely nullifies the whole "tab bug" and it levels the playing field. People with 500 fps won't have a computer advantage over a player with 50 or 60 fps. I have seen warriors out run mages while frozen, why the *censored* is that even possible (and he was wearing a shield...)

a good comp. doesnt really help your fps, i disable my video cards when i play hb

its more settings issue and less a comp. issue.

Could we possibly make it so you can only go in peace mode in safe zones and inside building.

Then make its so you can create a party while in attack mode ?

This would also eliminate the ability to pass activation items from one person to another,

that just annoys me.

remove peace mode all together. That's the best way to go about this.

if you do that you cant exchange items

if you make so you can exchange in attack mode, in pvp you exchange with your opponent

and they wont be able to drink pots

so no that wouldnt be the best way to fix it. ;)