Sign in to follow this  
smellz

Dual Clients

make it easier for transfer items within the same user acc rather than open 2 user. many people ask to help transfer and get scammed, this gives headaches to gm's.

disadvantages is ofcourse ek laming but i think gm's check it often so is easy to catch same ip.

just a suggestion

Its not hard to open 2 HBs... And I dont know how this double client would work? You can hide your items somewhere farr away under tree :P.

Seriously, make some lvl 1 GMs only for item trading, or transfers (helpers).

We will talk about this on the Staff room, i find some disadvantages on the Multiclient (not the lamming part) so there should be some restrictions

Skyas cant you create 1 profile for your Razor for each Windows session? wich should auto-start when your windows session is opened.

We will talk about this on the Staff room, i find some disadvantages on the Multiclient (not the lamming part) so there should be some restrictions

Skyas cant you create 1 profile for your Razor for each Windows session? wich should auto-start when your windows session is opened.

The thing is that it changes sensitivity for some reason. I don't know how to fix it and seems pretty hard... I have razer copperhead drivers installed and running for both sessions.

How about limiting the amount of clients to 2? instead of that ppl would be able to log 35256252 to scam reps, rep- other ppl, block entrances and stress server.

theres so many disadvantages to multiclienting...

using traveler to spy for eks during raid..

camping 2 seperate pits to look for eks...

trading rep with one another constantly...

powerleveling another char...

etc etc..

make it easier for transfer items within the same user acc rather than open 2 user. many people ask to help transfer and get scammed, this gives headaches to gm's.

disadvantages is ofcourse ek laming but i think gm's check it often so is easy to catch same ip.

just a suggestion

100% agreed.

Lammers are detected now fast

etc etc..

All valid, and these are disadvantages to using multiple clients. But you've got to realise that it is already possible to use multiple clients in many ways. For example, using multiple computers or using multiple Windows accounts are valid ways of having access to multiple characters at the same time. The above can already be exploited if someone wants to.

True, it makes these exploits more accessible to people when we allow multiple clients in a normal way. I think I can safely say that we are not really bothered by the above exploits currently. So the real underlying question would be: would the above exploits become an issue once we allow multiclients in an easy way? Yes or no?

I think: no. It will not become more of a problem than it currently is. And if it does, we need to fix that problem instead of not-allowing-multiple-clients, because you can already do it. It just gives an unfair disadvantage to the people that cannot use multiple clients right now.

etc etc..

All valid, and these are disadvantages to using multiple clients. But you've got to realise that it is already possible to use multiple clients in many ways. For example, using multiple computers or using multiple Windows accounts are valid ways of having access to multiple characters at the same time. The above can already be exploited if someone wants to.

True, it makes these exploits more accessible to people when we allow multiple clients in a normal way. I think I can safely say that we are not really bothered by the above exploits currently. So the real underlying question would be: would the above exploits become an issue once we allow multiclients in an easy way? Yes or no?

I think: no. It will not become more of a problem than it currently is. And if it does, we need to fix that problem instead of not-allowing-multiple-clients, because you can already do it. It just gives an unfair disadvantage to the people that cannot use multiple clients right now.

ye wat he said

actually most ppl has 2 PCs or more...

guys, u cant trade rep with same ip (or i think so) so that wouldnt be a problem ;P

the camping thing... well its the same running somewhere or having a spy so...