Sign in to follow this  
LunarFault

Open Discussion On How To Fix Crafters.

While thinking on the economy thread my thoughts trailed to crafting. Crafting in HB frankly just isn't worth the effort. It's very hard to get up and the items you get from it are not worth it. In a game with crafting if all the best items in game are drops there is no point in having a crafter. So here is my solution a completely new set of crafting items. While a crafter can make useful potions and armor that has higher endurance we need to give them more. I suggest making the best items in game crafter items. Completely new items that have multiple stat requirements appropriate to specific builds that are a lot better than what you can get in a blacksmith. Not just more endurance or a +2 item but more damage as well. Like 1 weapon grade higher of the same type. A weapon with the strength requirement of a flam but the damage of a giant sword would be an example. The same would go for armor but defense instead of damage.

If you have suggestions be creative don't get ridiculous like making godly items that kill everything in one hit. But reasonable items that are better and players would use that doesn't break the game. If somebody knows how to edit the paks and create the modeling for these items that is appreciated too. Let's bring something together as a team I can present to Sexy for a solution on how to make HBN a truly great server to play HB on.

While thinking on the economy thread my thoughts trailed to crafting. Crafting in HB frankly just isn't worth the effort. It's very hard to get up and the items you get from it are not worth it. In a game with crafting if all the best items in game are drops there is no point in having a crafter. So here is my solution a completely new set of crafting items. While a crafter can make useful potions and armor that has higher endurance we need to give them more. I suggest making the best items in game crafter items. Completely new items that have multiple stat requirements appropriate to specific builds that are a lot better than what you can get in a blacksmith. Not just more endurance or a +2 item but more damage as well. Like 1 weapon grade higher of the same type. A weapon with the strength requirement of a flam but the damage of a giant sword would be an example. The same would go for armor but defense instead of damage.

If you have suggestions be creative don't get ridiculous like making godly items that kill everything in one hit. But reasonable items that are better and players would use that doesn't break the game. If somebody knows how to edit the paks and create the modeling for these items that is appreciated too. Let's bring something together as a team I can present to Sexy for a solution on how to make HBN a truly great server to play HB on.

Who exactly are you with your 8 million posts?

In your topic you speak as though crafting is 1 big skill , with alchemy and manu all wrapped into 1 skill.

Alchemy-

Is a skill that was never finished in helbreath ,the devs seemed to be more intrested in developing the heldenian and the ancient slates to try save their dying game at the time( lol lack of admin was the real issue).. but anyway.. on topic

If some 1 had the time and the coding skills to finish this skill it would be great for any server-ESP NEM...

this involves-

- coding the new potions into the sorce and testing them

-desiging new paks to compliment the new potions(hb already has several potions coverd by 1 silly little green pot)

-and the creativity to decide what potions could improve the game,remebering that these are potions made by a alchmest ,and once the player has 100% skill they can be made in any volume depending of difficuilty of parts sourcing.

The farming skill (also unfinished ) ties directly into this alchemy unfinished project .....

ginseng + demon meat + unicorn meat and 1 slime jelly might make an unpara potion for example

mushroom + ogre meat + gold fish might make an amp potion 10 secs

Manufacturing-

I believe to be a almoast complete skill ,in the mindset of the helbreath as it was ment to be played theme that nemisis is trying to uphold.

adding magic gems or any attributes to this as i have seen in other servers just detracts form the enjoyment of finding any low stated rare armours and will help to ruin a economic server.Viva el presidente!

prehaps any small additions to this skill could be a manu version of the direction bow with nice endurance at the price of 1 mith bar and 1 mith

or a Manu tower shield that costs alot of mithirils

Crafting-

seriously i think this skill is fine as it is ,the rewards from alot of effort are not overpowered and are acheviable.

if there was any modifications to this skill without killing it maybe adding items to be crafted like ROM+3(ud wanna make that hard!)

or sapphire ring +3 could be considered....

my 2 cents .

im not to sure how keen the admins here really are on changing hb at all , as alot of old ppl used to say "if its not broken ,why fix it!"

consider the down time bugs and issues on servers that have coded mods on their servers....

ofc any modification is a good 1 if throughly tested on test servers..

well u can make manu knight plate with 8 k ofc 200 % and upgrade it with merines like 3 or more times so such knight plate 200 % +4 will have more endu than dk plate but as jaapy once wrote upgrading with xelimas and mers on this server is different to ogrinal its almost 3 times harder and haven't been repaired yet :). So propably u will loose such plate while upgrading to +2 :D

Who exactly are you with your 8 million posts?

Just an anwser on your question..

LunarFault is an old player/admin on this server, i dont know much about him, but i know that a lot of the players inside nem 1, did respect him, and his oppinions..

Manufacturing are only usefull for PL raiders. It's the only thing you can have if you want a lil def.

After 140, it's still usefull, but as soon as you reach lvl 180, and get dk armors, then theres no need for the manu armors anymore..

I would love to see manufactering, stronger, and maybe even a lil more powerfull.

I could change the whole crafting sketch, and hopefull, give a chance, to let more try the manufactering world..

But crafting can already make lots of incredible usefull items....while the other skills can maybe do 1 or 2 (alchemy super pots and blacksmith bbhs). I think crafting is fine.

I agree crafting is fine the way it is, however other skills, in particular manufactoring are pretty much useless and for the amount of effort it takes to get to 100% you would hope for some returns.

The only thing that is worth making is manu BBH.