Sign in to follow this  
Charja

Starting Impressions

Starting up a mage is the most unpleasant experience I've had.

Currently lvl 90 here's what I experienced:

-150 mag yet I average 35 mana ticks, going, on average, from 18 to 60

-Spent the majority of my way to lvl 80 walking around because the SP quantity and ticks were atrocious. If this is made to give value to power green pots, then give a few of them bound to character upon creation.

-Got 6k gold and 8k gold respectivly from the cleaning up quest (which took forever to do walking around and out of mana) meaning I couldn't afford shit in terms of spells or equipment (ms10-20).

-Starter quest to get to 50% skill extremely slow to complete via magic %, I had to spam MM for a long time on myself to get it. It also makes casting spells a pain in the *censored* because of low % chance.

-Mob hit ratio is ridiculous. If you run by 2 mobs forget about getting away you get stunlocked and the rest of the mobs mob you down, and if you were low on stam to begin with then LOL to you.

-To top it off, Usain Bolt type mobs chasing me the *censored*ing down while i try to walk away to cast (which often failed) or waiting for mana regen to maybe let me cast an ES on them.

Some bugs/annoyances:

-Muting sound and music doesn't remove the rain sound.

-Sound in general is fkn high and lowering the settings has minimal effect. It seems as though getting the bar from |------------------[]| to |[]---------------| only lowers sound by like 25% and then mutes if you set it to 0.

-There were some other bugs I forgot about :(

Random suggestion:

-Hunger bar would be nice.

i'd psot more but those are the main points, off to bed.

I agree with everything you have to say. The gold will be tweaked in future beta phases, so monsters dropping gold to afford things shouldn't be a problem. But everything else, I totally agree. The mobs here attack way too fast, and its quite annoying.

The SP part for running hasn't been changed, the only thing we changed is the requirement for SP to talk in ANY chat, not just global chat. Chatting is fun and good, except when people abuse the chat and spam it like hell or use it to shit talk to eachother and breaking rules cuz they're insulting people. So more SP drain from talking shit is what we anticipated here.

The gold drop rate is a current setup for a first feeling on our theoretically estimated rate that would fit in to make gold have a decent value. The fine-tuning of this rate will be done in beta phase 4.

Also related to gold: In phase 3 we will be adding a huge number of quests to complete between level 1 and 180. Those quests will aid in Experience, Gold and possibly also other items.

Spamming MM for training your skill has been in HB for ages, you're no longer used to it... If you're tired of slow skill, you can speed it up by using a Skill Booster. During the Beta you can ask a GM (nicely ofc!) for getting one such booster to try it out and see the effect of it.

I've read before that mobs tend to act and run like usain bolt, but that should be a great minority of the mobs which use the "rampager" AI... Can you tell me if it occurs in all mobs, or just in a couple of them? And can you also test this on multiple mobs from a same pit?

Sound muting I'll have to look into, it's never been changed.

The SP regen. should not be touched, and my advice is to not tweak it, i know it's currently in the earliest state as international first was, when people would actually walk to save SP, when people could not afford potions or wouldn;t have enough money to buy potions, the fact that at one point people with 100+ vit would actually be outta SP is great, especially on this type of server. I know it does suck when it happens to you, but it is what it is, as for the monsters hitting so fast, i personally find it kind of annoying, especially when you get your butt kicked by a couple crayfish when you have 200 dex.

Edited by Umad

The SP regen. should not be touched, and my advice is to not tweak it, i know it's currently in the earliest state as international first was, when people would actually walk to save SP, when people could not afford potions or wouldn;t have enough money to buy potions, the fact that at one point people with 100+ vit would actually be outta SP is great, especially on this type of server. I know it does suck when it happens to you, but it is what it is, as for the monsters hitting so fast, i personally find it kind of annoying, especially when you get your butt kicked by a couple crayfish when you have 200 dex.

yes. but theres a bug on it anyway. makes u bump if no sp.

yes. but theres a bug on it anyway. makes u bump if no sp.

White fixed that. But I agree, the monsters attack way too fast and it needs to change.