Sign in to follow this  
Juno_NH

Mana Absorbtion

high level mages (mag 150+) are so trained in the magic arts they can begin to absorb the power from spells cast against them!

for every spell that hits them, they gain 3% of dmg turned to mp.

for every 10 mag after 150, increase by 3%.

200 mag gives 15% magic dmg to mana.

this is similar to the way crits work. you get more physically hit and your crits regen faster.

this wont be overpower because most mage vs mage blizz dmg is only 150-200 line. 15% of 200 is 30.

would need to be line blizz atleast 3 times for licheneck + ms30 wand to get 1 blizz cost.

I like the kinda idea of "mana absorption", yet there is already a similar stat called "mana conversion", it converts physical hits damage to mana, you regen mana when being hit physically.

It's not exactly the same, you don't gain mana from spells, no such thing exists yet, but the idea is something I like, the way you make it makes it directly available in the game without effort and makes it for mages-only.

A sort of similar system, called "mana stealing" is planned to be one of the possible "upgrades" for Dark/Godly Hero Sets.

Those sets come initially as "blanks" and the user needs to upgrade them with stats they desire, one of those possible stats would be "mana stealing", which would function in such way that whenever the attacker attacks (using both magic and physical attacks), he steals mana of his opponent, how much he steals depends on his damage dealt and the total set % (will be stacking).

e.g. if 100 damage is dealt, and set is 10% mana stealing, the attacker would gain 100 / 100 * 10 = 10 mana, the victim would lose 10 mana when being hit.

(Besides mana stealing, there would also be health stealing and stamina stealing).

Possibly some of the Godly/Dark stats could/would (undecided yet) come to normal armors as drops to give more variety.

mana stealing is a great idea and allows for more unique character development which is what my main goal is with most of my suggestions.

not about making 1 build have overwhelming advantages, but allowing a lot of different builds to have their own individual benefits.

can the system determine between magic and physical damage? i guess it must because mr/ma and dr/pa works on that principle, aswell as specific hero armors only benefitting some damage types.

i'm not sure how simple the coding would be, but could it work by copy/pasting the MA stat and changing the dmg negated command to mp regenerated.

mana stealing is a great idea and allows for more unique character development which is what my main goal is with most of my suggestions.

not about making 1 build have overwhelming advantages, but allowing a lot of different builds to have their own individual benefits.

can the system determine between magic and physical damage? i guess it must because mr/ma and dr/pa works on that principle, aswell as specific hero armors only benefitting some damage types.

i'm not sure how simple the coding would be, but could it work by copy/pasting the MA stat and changing the dmg negated command to mp regenerated.

Any change is possible, the major issue with all ideas & changes planned is the lack of time, I lack alot of time to get it done fast...

If I didn't have a job, I could spend more time developing nemesis xD