Sign in to follow this  
IRONCLAD

Npcs Announce Events

Neutral NPCs should be able to inform gamers of secret events every now and again when you click to speak to them.

:ph34r: Ninja events not cool, nobody would know, doesn't make em good.

Npcs will give you quests when talking to them (in v5.40+ atleast), they might have some unique quests, perhaps some seasonal (easter, x-mas, summer holiday, ...) quests or even time-limited quests to daily, weekly, monthly quests... in the next version of nemesis (v5.40) anything like that is perfectly possible, over time quest numbers will be gradually expanded to many different npcs, even hidden npcs in corners of maps or roaming npcs will occur in the future who might have that one special quest for you available...

Neutral NPCs should be able to inform gamers of secret events every now and again when you click to speak to them.

:ph34r: Ninja events not cool, nobody would know, doesn't make em good.

Npcs will give you quests when talking to them (in v5.40+ atleast), they might have some unique quests, perhaps some seasonal (easter, x-mas, summer holiday, ...) quests or even time-limited quests to daily, weekly, monthly quests... in the next version of nemesis (v5.40) anything like that is perfectly possible, over time quest numbers will be gradually expanded to many different npcs, even hidden npcs in corners of maps or roaming npcs will occur in the future who might have that one special quest for you available...

That's precisely the idea! If you're lucky enough to speak to an NPC at the right time, you'll learn about the event. I reckon this will encourage people to log on just to see if one of the NPCs has something interesting to say. It could be something as simple as "There's an mstone hidden under a revitilization potion at 320 129 in middleland."

I love that idea, it would be great for NPC's to have things like that. Would make things a bit more interesting to see NPC's actually talking to you in HB.

I was also thinking the other day of having an NPC that made random announcements, but that could be a different topic.

<p>

</p>

<p>I love that idea, it would be great for NPC's to have things like that. Would make things a bit more interesting to see NPC's actually talking to you in HB.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Quests will get storylines over time, where npcs tell an indevidual and unique story troughout a quest or questline (= a number of quests that must be completed in a specific order, often requiring to talk to different npcs).</p>

<p>In our next release, we'll already see one of the new quest type possiblities become available, unique quests, that are quests that can only be completed once for your character, it's unique. The first set of unique quests will be the Dark Knight/Mage Quests, where new players can take these quests to obtain their first Dark Knight/Mage set after completing the quest.</p>

<p>If you got some nice ideas for quests yourself, feel free to post them here or PM them directly to me. If it's interesting enough, you can expect to see your quests comming to nemesis ;)</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I was also thinking the other day of having an NPC that made random announcements, but that could be a different topic.</p>

<p>

</p>

<div> </div>

<div>I don't really get this one, what would they be announcing then? you mean like chat above their head like when players chatting in white?</div>