Sign in to follow this  
Vintage

Beholder Necklace

Beholder Necklace Fix: Beholder Necklace has been re-introduced, as we got an encoded client, you CANNOT cheat with this necklace, therefore we considered it safe to introduce it again.

someone mind elaborating on that please?

What happened in the past and what does it mean to cheat?

In the past people cheated using beholder neck.

They hex-edited client to replace textual word "Necklace of Beholder" and an item name they equiped.

That way the effect of beholder (see invisible) was activated when they equiped that item they changed the text to.

But, Nemesis uses an encrypted client, so you cannot hex-edit the text, therefore cannot cheat.

if u cannot hit ppl invi with beholder neck, its totally useless. nobody gonna hunt or raid with a beholder neck only for use dt.

Aresden cast " Mass Illusion " at me , instead he's invis himself too.. i still can hit him .. is it bug ?

Aresden cast " Mass Illusion " at me , instead he's invis himself too.. i still can hit him .. is it bug ?

no, always been like that

If you got beholder neck, can attack enemy if CTRL+A first to enable auto attacking.

sorry white. didnt get u. do u mean that:

ares have beholder neck. elv cast invis. ares press ctrl+a and is able to hit the invised elv?

just stating an example. pardon me

If you got beholder neck, can attack enemy if CTRL+A first to enable auto attacking.

ares have beholder neck. elv cast invis. ares press ctrl+a and is able to hit the invised elv?

in warrior case yes, is correct example.

in mage case CTRL+A not needed, it's always been that you could hit the enemy using spells even if he is invi.

Beholder necklace only bring the feature of SEEING him invisible, regardless if he's friendly or enemy. (Even can see invisible monsters !)

in warrior case yes, is correct example.

in mage case CTRL+A not needed, it's always been that you could hit the enemy using spells even if he is invi.

Beholder necklace only bring the feature of SEEING him invisible, regardless if he's friendly or enemy. (Even can see invisible monsters !)

+1