Sign in to follow this  
El Rafa

I Know Nothing...

So... im thinkin of changing from windows to ubuntu, a friend of mine is propsing it like mad.

My question is, can i i play computergames as usual with this os? Can i play helbreath?!

How about other programs like word etc, i use word when im in the university, will i be able to work on the same document when i get home open my ubuntu word?

thx

/Zoul

- you can't play most common games on ubuntu (or linux)

- you can't play hb on ubuntu (linux)

- you can't use MS word on ubuntu (linux)

You can use an open-source word-processor that's almost equal to MS word, called "open-office" (it contains word)

You can install a virtual machine (by using "Virtual Box" - Free Java Virtual Machine program) and put a windows in there to play HB or other common games -> note that there probably WILL be lagg and delays even more as you're running a VIRTUAL machine, and not a native machine.

Do note that it IS possible to have dual-boot, this means you can both install Windows and Ubuntu (linux) (or another OS) and when booting you computer you can choose whichone to boot (windows or ubuntu), depending on your needs you can boot what you want to use.

switching between them can be done easly by rebooting & choosing the other option.