Sign in to follow this  
JingGM

Removing Links For Avatars

Starting next week, we'll disable the ability to use a URL for your avatar, you will have to have the image on your computer and upload it to the forum.

Why? Because using a link, the forum can't control the size of the avatar...some users have avatars that are 10 MB big, and 10 users with that = hell for slow internet connections.

So my point is this: download whatever you use for your avatar and upload it manually before next week, so you won't lose it.

Jing[GM] ~ Forum Admin

Starting next week, we'll disable the ability to use a URL for your avatar, you will have to have the image on your computer and upload it to the forum.

Why? Because using a link, the forum can't control the size of the avatar...some users have avatars that are 10 MB big, and 10 users with that = hell for slow internet connections.

So my point is this: download whatever you use for your avatar and upload it manually before next week, so you won't lose it.

Jing[GM] ~ Forum Admin

sounds great

tryed to upload my animated gif avatar to forum but it displays as a static gif, how to solve this? for now I have to keep the link?

tryed to upload my animated gif avatar to forum but it displays as a static gif, how to solve this? for now I have to keep the link?

Hmm...it's on your computer, right? I'm not too sure, I'll check if there's an option that allowers animated gifs.

Jing[GM] ~ Forum Admin

you are allready not allowing images on signatures.. do you really need the forum to go any faster?

it works just fine for me =/

I agree to remove all avatars that slows down the server, its just a fancy feature that nobody needs :sleep:

Done.

Upload new avatars from your computer if your avatar is gone.