Sign in to follow this  
CarboY

Account Got Hack!

Hi all ,

Recently my account got hacked by someone , all my valueble items was lost .

I send a Ticket to the server administrator to get some help on this issue.One of the GM replied me , asking few questions about do or do not.I answered what he had asked.

Then few days later he reply me with the answer how did my account got hack.They found out that i'm using the same password on other server and accused it was someone who have the access to other server info in order to hack ppls account.

So,i was asking is there anyway that i could just get back my item and it's a lesson for me for not using the same info on other server.

The answer was NO , the GM wont be giving back my item and the case closed.

Dear to all staff of Nemesis.

Nemesis can be the Best Helbreath Server around myself admitted that before what happened to my account.

I positively think that the Authorities of this server could investigate and get the culprit at the same time retrieve all my item back as it was.But i was never given..my comment is A great server must have a great bunch of Gamemasters , i am a victim...i dont share acount , it's someone that have evil deeds to do something evil.I think i derserve a second chance since i dont violated the rules of the server.I dont share account means i dont give password to others...is other who used the evil way of getting my password,so i guess i deserve another chance.But...sadly they dont get it.

Gamemaster should consider the problem seriously , now no ones know on what matters a Gamemaster will only retrieve items.Where is the service to client?

But my conclusion is i am a victim remember that.You buy a Car and got your car stolen because when u made an extra key that person duped your key and then stole your car...Your insurrance company not bearing that...what kinda of inssurance agency is that...you are a gamemaster i'm sure you could easily think about that.

Thank you.

Edited by CarboY

I think it's always been standard advice not to use the same password as other servers:

Yep:

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21726

Ultimately it's a do at your own risk thing.

Hunter[GM] date='Feb 18 2009']

Other private servers- Log in info and passwords

Not all other private helbreath servers are as upstanding and honest as we are. Our player information database is kept in a secure manner and is not accessible to anyone buy owners and admins of the server.

We will never, ever share or give your information out to anyone.

Other servers...not so much! They often will take their datebase info, and come to Nemesis to try and see if you used the same log in name and password as you chose on their server. You would be surprised at how many players have the same info on every server they play!!!

This is CRAZY!!!! Please make sure the log in info and password you chose for Nemesis is unique to our server ONLY!!! and one that you do not use for any other server.

While we are on the topic of passwords. Please change the password to your acct here, at least once a month if not more.

I'm not going to comment on choices to give or not give back players items, its not my place anymore. All you have to know is that GM choice is final.

Edited by AceHigh

If your story is true i agree with you.

The problem is that you can't just make special rules for one guy.

I'm sure if you got ur items back 10 more ppl would start whining about not getting theirs..

Everythign i said was true , i even can give all my item info for the GM to see i the logs...i'm not a violator in the server..i'm a victim..this is not a court or any goverment sectors...is a game server ... i'm not being sturburn but i want a fair help here.I'm sure in this consideration a fair GM will definitely give any victim here a second chance...

thanks

Dear CarboY,

I personally understand your situation and how bad you feel about it.

Nemesis rules clearly state that you are responsible for what you do with your account, which includes using the same account name and password at another server.

Therfore we consider the case closed, as you lost your items due to your own irresponsibility of your own account.

We, the Nemesis Staff, have chosen to make this rule be that we don't return lost items at all, this rule applies to everyone.

Aside of not returning the items, we do apply a punishment (permanent ban) to the account(s) who hacked you, so those players will not take advantage of the stolen items, nor trade, nor sell, nor use them bythemselfs or others.

I hope this sort of clarifies the actions of the Nemesis Staff.

Greetings,

White[GM] - Nemesis Staff

But my conclusion is i am a victim remember that.You buy a Car and got your car stolen because when u made an extra key that person duped your key and then stole your car...Your insurrance company not bearing that...what kinda of inssurance agency is that...

The difference is that you PAY for that insurance, it is their job.

We are here to give you a free server and enforce rules, not for babysitting or loosing our time every time a person cant have a LITTLE of responsability on their own account.

We updated the rules, and now we stated clearly you must take full responsability of your account and password.

You have used a password which was known by others "admins" from another server and was at a Data Base owned for who knows how many persons (they pass them to their friends, their friends to others friends, etc). What did you expect?

Yes, you a are a victim, someone who share account and is stolen is a victim too, someone who is scammed when he ask to a townmate to tranfer items is a victim too, etc etc etc. We punish who breaks the rules but we dont reward the stupidity or it will never end.