Sign in to follow this  
farjat

Party Bug Feedback.

Hello.

I need some help on this.

Can someone describe on detail, how to bug a party?

I mean i know changing maps sometimes it dont bring exp to 1. What i mean is when u got fails doing it.

As more info, faster fix.

For what i see the problem starts when someone dies or recalls and comes back (withouth dismissing party)

As long as everyone in the party stays alive, they can change map without problem. At least from my experiencie

i need much more details on howto bug so i can fix it for this next release.

Like the exp that isnt shared isnt important at this point. I need to know How to make a char not able to join a party (fail fail fail)

Then that fix will fix the sharing probably.

party bug apperas when u change map (when it changes server ).. you can still be in aprty with the members BUT if some1 changed server and some1 else ask to join the party , it gets bugged..

Here is some more detailed information:

1. One type of party bug will occur when a player changes SERVER (not just map, so e.g. town to ML). In this case, party will function as normal but no NEW MEMBERS can join the party by asking the person that has changed server (even if they are back in original server). If they do ask to join the party, and the player presses yes, it will not work, and the player who is "bugged" (the one that changed server) will become more bugged (Not be able to leave the party at all)

To fix this they must relog. But even when they relog and aren't in a party they won't be able to /createparty or /dismissparty or anything, if a player asks them to party it will fail. To fix it they must ask another player (any player) to party. Then it will tell them they have joined the party (but they really havent') - because the unbugged player's party will automatically dismiss at this point. However, at this point if the party-bugged player withdraws from his "fake" party, then he can join party as normal (he doesn't even have to do this if the "dismissed" helping player just asks him).

Oh just a note, if a bugged player asks an already existing party to fix his, it will sometimes dismiss that party (or at least take out the person he asked from that party).

So summary:

Player A and player B party

Player A changes server and comes back (dies and runs back)

Player C comes and asks player A to party

Player C gets "failed to join message"

Player A is now bugged, cannot withdraw.

Player A relogs to fix

Player A now asks either player D C or A if he can join party

Player A gets "joined the party message" but is not really in party

Player D C or A gets the "party dismissed" message - and can ask player A to join now if they want

Player A can now withdraw and rejoin party or can wait for others to ask him.

Bug type 2:

Again this bug occurs when player A changes server then comes back to the original map.

Player A/B party in garden

Player A changes server (lets say runs back from town to garden after dying)

Player B stays in server (lets say garden)

Player A now will get ALL of his experience he earns killing stuff, and half of player B's experience.

If player B then dies and runs back (and player A still there) then Player A will get all of his own experience, and Player B will get all of his own experience (neither will get other players experience but they will still be partied - can't damage each other and can use party chat).

and that's really how it works.

Awesome Eld0n. Why i didnt made u GM early?

Just 1 more thing.

Does Dyeing counts? I mean are u sure its because dyeing, or dyeing bugs only because u are changing Server?

With this info i think we can deal with the bug. If cant, we will make player to broke party when map changing.....

I guess the problem with dying is that it changes server. IDK if a player dies and gets ressurected the party doesn't get bugged, maybe a person with ressu wand can tell :P

I believe what HB Korea did to correct this was that anytime you change server you are automatically removed from any party. If it's simply a map change, e.g. EF > SW then there is no effect, and no bug in the first place.

I believe what HB Korea did to correct this was that anytime you change server you are automatically removed from any party. If it's simply a map change, e.g. EF > SW then there is no effect, and no bug in the first place.

yes but thats the easy way

yes but thats the easy way

Easy fix is still a fix. I think it's gonna be pretty difficult to fix it to where the party stays in tact AND doesn't bug, but if you got time, then go for it!

Me and 2 programmers studied this last night for like 10 hours. The bug have really no explanation. very strange. But we ended to understand it better at least.

We didnt surrendered yet anyway, we still trying (the good way fix).

Party Bug seems 100% fixed Now !

Fixed on the real way. Not as plan B.

A little more testing needed, then i will release Update!

OMG hax. Want to see that :) Amazing Job

i think that once or twice i got dced, and when i logged back in i could still use the party chat, really weird..

I know this may be a little late farjat, seeing as you've already worked a fix... But what about just rebuilding the party system from the ground up? Maybe this is ridiculous, but just a suggestion :D

I know this may be a little late farjat, seeing as you've already worked a fix... But what about just rebuilding the party system from the ground up? Maybe this is ridiculous, but just a suggestion :D

Studieing and understanding the bug was the way.

BAsicly faster than redoing. But was an option