Sign in to follow this  
Patrick

Mobs Modifiers

So i know is a pretty useless question and it has nothing to do with Nemesis but i've always wondered...

what criteria is used to assign modifiers to some mobs and not others?

like, why are there Claivorant Orcs or IG's for example but not Claiv Cannibal Plants? or why there's no AP ice golems??? you know what i mean? who decide which creatures get what attributes so to speak?

Im not 100% sure but I think its something like this:

DestructionOfMagicProtection: Monsters that can shoot magic (skeleton being exeption) can be DOMP

AP: Monsters that dont use magic cant be AP (skele being exeption?)

AM: Pretty much everything can be AM?

Clairvoyqant: No idea

ap is defined by monster power i belive, since all monsters were supposed to be killable by wars

so, ww ahead cant be ap, ogre and below can

it's not random, the people who initially coded helbreath gave the monsters these special abilities.

Certain monsters can have certain abilities, this is hard coded and change-able in the server source.

The reason why is unknown it us too, but in most cases sounds logical.

A poisonous Ogre doesn't make sense, while for a troll or canibal plant it makes sense, these are "nature" monsters, so they can be poisoned by mother nature...

About the AP or AM there is not much of an explenation for it, it's made like that and kept like that.

The reason why we almost never see such monsters appears in icebound or apocalypse if due to the fact that often sources are so old, and coded by the original helrbeath inventor, and then build-up by other people.

From my past of running hb myself, I know the oldest servers don't have icebound or apocalypse, nor do they contain heldenian.

Those stuffs were coded by other people from the outside of the original helbreath company, therfore didn't match the originals for 100%, but they are very close to accurate with what helbreath had back then.