Sign in to follow this  
Nindax

Pvping For Experience

To add something to this reply in other topic:

http://helbreathnemesis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23523

The zem isnt the prize nor should it be the prize. The ek is the prize, the bragging rights.

What is PVP'ing gives you experience ? An EK gives you an amount of exp.

Or another way: Trade an EK for experience.

PVP for exp is really in atm at most MMORPG's (I read WoW is adding it, or has just added it) but yeah WoW isnt everything so please no discussion about WoW here.

What do you think about this?

Another suggestion (getting more away from the official HB):

Some sort of PVP arena (like the arena's now), dmg increase, armor lower (just saying something) where everyone can teleport easily to. Only open between certain times. 10 kills = 1 ek ? Everyone against each other, and teamplay is against the rules. People with less gear have a good chance in this.

now please dont say: "HB SERVER XX has this also and its fruity!!", please have a good argument why this can be negative to the server and the gameplay.

Waiting for reactions for both suggestions, mostly the first one, because I think it is not that hard to make.

If it's seperate from the rest, I don't see why this would be fruity. We've just got to be careful with the EK's in such a system. Replacing it with EXP is not going to cut it I think. It's dull and most people don't need EXP (only for majestics), and some even already got full DK+15... If you got a good solution for this..

One possibility might be to just remove any EK gain from this "arena" and introduce something else. Perhaps you earn contribution instead? Or some kind of stackable item that you can trade for something else once you obtained alot of them (can be items, EKs, etc, shop on web). Just throwing some ideas in the air.

If it's seperate from the rest, I don't see why this would be fruity. We've just got to be careful with the EK's in such a system. Replacing it with EXP is not going to cut it I think. It's dull and most people don't need EXP (only for majestics), and some even already got full DK+15... If you got a good solution for this..

One possibility might be to just remove any EK gain from this "arena" and introduce something else. Perhaps you earn contribution instead? Or some kind of stackable item that you can trade for something else once you obtained alot of them (can be items, EKs, etc, shop on web). Just throwing some ideas in the air.

Thanks for adding some ideas to my suggestion.

What does everyone else think ?

We're actually getting experiences for EKs now. Just amounts we can't be bothered to talk about.

Check all your EK screenshots, you'll see your exp increases by 100 - 400 on every ek. =P

I think trading EKs for some other stuffs rather than FH set is pretty nice. Sometimes I wonder what full set like nazirI (FH plus hero combantant) fights for. =P

i think thats a nice idea, personally i hate training at pits it is utterly boring. maybe we can arena for tickets that we can trade in for maybe 100k exp per ticket or something

I think exchanging eks at a rate of 100k - 150k exp per ek is nice. That way, we'll need 33eks for 1 maj point. At least FHs have something to work for.

i think you should have the option wether you want to get exp or not.

PL raiders wouldnt want exp everytime they ek.

so having the option at like city hall would be helpful.

Or you will only gain exp from eks after lvl 140.

Something like that.

Like in an arena battle, regardless of numbers, someone has to die 3 times to give en EK. is this what you are suggesting Nindax?

Maybe in an arena battle, organized by a GM.. the winner/s best of 3 rounds gets an EK (whoever gets the third kills scores the EK/s).. and a ticket which allows you to raid on a Wednesday (the ticket would go to the winners), with 15 retimes.. only can be used once.. you cant log (1 min relog cap), just keep retiming.

Then these arena fights could become very popular and organized.. not only would guilds enter it, but so would raiding party's ppl who often raid together.. (by chance usually and sometimes not).

my two cents.

i think you should have the option wether you want to get exp or not.

PL raiders wouldnt want exp everytime they ek.

so having the option at like city hall would be helpful.

Or you will only gain exp from eks after lvl 140.

Something like that.

I think exchanging EK for exp will be better.