Sign in to follow this  
rustic

How Exactly Does Rep / Cad Work?

I've been wondering..

How exactly does REP Dmg, AKA Consecutive Attack Damage work?

Which part of the dice does it add to?

Would a Light Rep 7 Item be equivalent to a Sharp NS item?

Would appreciate any tips! Thanks.

o.k. i have to do this from memory i cant find the old lists for items

but if i rember correctly a rep item does dmg per cons. hit.

so the first hit say 2d12 if the next attack hits then its 2d12+7

(i very likely could be wrong and called a noodle here but this is from memory and i dont

remember exactly how it works, but it does affect consecutive attacks)

timma, you're a noodle :P

no, you're actually close to this.

let me explain it exactly:

you weapon damage dices do NOT change or increase or decrease at all.

What happens is, if you hit me the first time, you'll hit your casual damage.

If you hit me again, and succeed, you'll hit me for your casual damage + your rep damage (-> rep 7 adds 7 damage)

If you hit me once again, and succeed, you'll hit me for your casual damage + your rep damage * 2 ! (-> rep 7 adds 14 damage !)

If you hit me then again, and succeed, you'll hit me for your casual damage + your rep damage * 3 ! (-> rep 7 adds 21 damage)

If you hit me then again, and succeed, you'll hit me for your casual damage + your rep damage * 4 ! (-> rep 7 adds 28 damage)

If you fail to hit me, the chain is broken and you'll start again at 1 times your rep damage.

Hitting a chain of 4 v players is EXTREEMLY hard to succeed at, v mobs it's little more easy to do, but still hard on high lvl mobs.

the additional damage you gain from your hitting chain is NOT doubled when being zerked a.k.a. it's added after the zerk-calculations.

I hope this clearify's the REP damage of weapons.

P.S., timma, you were close, what you mention is basicly right in the view of damage addition, but you actually gotta write it as 2D12+0+7

the 2D12+0 is used as basic values for the calculations, on these values the str bonus, HP bonus, crit bonus, zerk bonus etc is calculated, and rep damage is not affected by any of these, it's just the rep damage, nothing less, nothing more.

Is there any factor of time involved in this? for example... if i hit you first time and second time 5 seconds later then i do the damage... but if i hit you successfuly and dont hit anything else for a full minute and then hit you successfully again is damage added?

there is no time factor on this.

time will not reduce the combo amount.

as long as you're connected and online, even if it's AFK, the combo will stay untill you fail hitting, then i'll be 0 again :)

If you hit me again, and succeed, you'll hit me for your casual damage + your rep damage (-> rep 7 adds 7 damage)

If you hit me once again, and succeed, you'll hit me for your casual damage + your rep damage * 2 ! (-> rep 7 adds 14 damage !)

If you hit me then again, and succeed, you'll hit me for your casual damage + your rep damage * 3 ! (-> rep 7 adds 21 damage)

If you hit me then again, and succeed, you'll hit me for your casual damage + your rep damage * 4 ! (-> rep 7 adds 28 damage)

If you fail to hit me, the chain is broken and you'll start again at 1 times your rep damage.

Hitting a chain of 4 v players is EXTREEMLY hard to succeed at, v mobs it's little more easy to do, but still hard on high lvl mobs.

the additional damage you gain from your hitting chain is NOT doubled when being zerked a.k.a. it's added after the zerk-calculations.

P.S., timma, you were close, what you mention is basicly right in the view of damage addition, but you actually gotta write it as 2D12+0+7

the 2D12+0 is used as basic values for the calculations, on these values the str bonus, HP bonus, crit bonus, zerk bonus etc is calculated, and rep damage is not affected by any of these, it's just the rep damage, nothing less, nothing more.

What happen if the weapon doent have rep like dk15 you has any kind of bonus of consecutive hits?

if not i dont understand how with 200 str (40% bonus) + zerk + rod + dm3 i can hit 98. correct me 26 (max dk)*1.4=36.4 * 2 = 72.8 + 15 (dk) + 4 (rod) + 3 (dm) = 94.8 ~ 95 max hit but not 98.

What happen if the weapon doent have rep like dk15 you has any kind of bonus of consecutive hits?

if not i dont understand how with 200 str (40% bonus) + zerk + rod + dm3 i can hit 98. correct me 26 (max dk)*1.4=36.4 * 2 = 72.8 + 15 (dk) + 4 (rod) + 3 (dm) = 94.8 ~ 95 max hit but not 98.

maybe u did dash attack? dash has extra bonus too.

-------

and White im quite sure that is not how rep works, simple test on a dummy or a crop at farm, those have 0 def and I tested. I can do all consecutive hits (never fail) but my crit5 rep5 hammer never goes over 45...

I think its: every time u hit consecutive it adds the rep+ to the hit, for example you hit 30 first time, no bonus, second hit didnt fail and hit 25+5, 3rd hit didnt fail and hit 31+5, etc, etc.

I don't believe this is entirely true.

I once had a rep 7 wand...

But with it just because I got 4 consecutive hits didn't mean that the following would be true.

The most I ever hit with that wand would be around 10-11 on DUMMIES which are the easiest to hit so therefore I don't believe that it is true that just because you hit 4 times consecutively its 7+7+7+7 dmg added.

But with it just because I got 4 consecutive hits didn't mean that the following would be true.

The most I ever hit with that wand would be around 10-11 on DUMMIES which are the easiest to hit so therefore I don't believe that it is true that just because you hit 4 times consecutively its 7+7+7+7 dmg added.

well, probably the chance of getting a 3 or 4 hit combo is VERY rare. just like blizzard, i think white said once it could hit up till like 10 hits. but usually you don't get over 4 hits, cause chances are very low of hitting more than that. but this doesn't mean it's impossible.

well, probably the chance of getting a 3 or 4 hit combo is VERY rare. just like blizzard, i think white said once it could hit up till like 10 hits. but usually you don't get over 4 hits, cause chances are very low of hitting more than that. but this doesn't mean it's impossible.

Try Hitting a guard, crop or even a naked mage, i bet u can do 10 consecutive hits, with a rep7 dagger u will hit 70?? HA ha HA!

maybe u did dash attack? dash has extra bonus too.

Im not a noob it was not dash attack i just try to find the mathematic formula of damage and how can i go from 26 to 98 if formula its ok (i doubt that)

ss from my hit and i invite all who want to see (it take me 5 min in ww to take this SS, imposible to be dash attack because i had one hand in mouse and another on Print screen button)

IPB Image

Sory for my insistance but i like to see how my damage will flow if i go from 200 str to 160.

-------

and White im quite sure that is not how rep works, simple test on a dummy or a crop at farm, those have 0 def and I tested. I can do all consecutive hits (never fail) but my crit5 rep5 hammer never goes over 45...

I think its: every time u hit consecutive it adds the rep+ to the hit, for example you hit 30 first time, no bonus, second hit didnt fail and hit 25+5, 3rd hit didnt fail and hit 31+5, etc, etc.

I think its a like white says. But rep has a limit of 3 consecutive attacks (it was in inter sever if i dont has a bad memory) and its casual dammage + rep*consecutive hits (max 3 times) if not, as orlan says and make me laught to much, you could hit with a dagger rep 7 like -70 to a dummy.

Edited by Serenisima

No one answer my f.. question of how dmg formula works in NEMESIS!!!!

i cant solve how can i do 98 dmg from a weapon of 26 max...if zerk aply before dk15/dm/ring (otherwise if apply after i goes to much up XD)

No one answer my f.. question of how dmg formula works in NEMESIS!!!!

i cant solve how can i do 98 dmg from a weapon of 26 max...if zerk aply before dk15/dm/ring (otherwise if apply after i goes to much up XD)

maybe the hit dice of dkSword is not the one is posted on the forums/portals, maybe they slighty increased it.

I made with bbh+1 - Ogre ring - Dm1 - zerked - dash + str angel + 3

110 dmg to ogre.

Im 200 str.

Edited by RUTH

This isn't right. I would be doing CRITICAL hits with sbh+1 rep7 after just a few swings and that is not the case.

My guess is that your first swing does normal damage, then if your next swing connects it does the +7. Then your next swing will be normal and if you hit again after that you get the +7 again.

Or it might be normal your first hit and then +7 every hit after that until you miss.

Synz, what I explained is correct.

Theoretically you might hit CRITITAL, but too many other uknown factors (could) reduce your damage so it's no longer a critical.

The REP (Consecutive Attack Damage) works the way I explained previously.

If you miss (=fail to hit) the enemy, your combo is LOST.

Also the chain is broken after 4 consecutive attacks, the REP stat on weapons just add more damage every combo.

Synz, what I explained is correct.

Theoretically you might hit CRITITAL, but too many other uknown factors (could) reduce your damage so it's no longer a critical.

The REP (Consecutive Attack Damage) works the way I explained previously.

If you miss (=fail to hit) the enemy, your combo is LOST.

Also the chain is broken after 4 consecutive attacks, the REP stat on weapons just add more damage every combo.

WhiteFang, what you explained is incorrect.

What you said is upon my 5th consecutive hit, I cause a bonus 28 damage with my rep7 weapon. Assuming that I hit the lowest damage possible in this game, a -1, which isn't even possible in the first place. So, adding an assumed flat 28 damage to this upon my 5th hit, I should never hit below a -29, theoretically.

Upon my fourth trial test, I hit a -24 on my 5th hit, which should be an impossibility given your theory on rep damage.

All trials were conducted using sbh+1 rep7, on different targets each trial, with zero misses.

Applied for every weapon:

If you have a combo of 2 or more you gain the CAD stat as damage bonus.

Hand Attack: 3-hit -> +1, 4-hit -> +2

Archery: no combo-bonus.

Short-Sword: 2-hit -> +1, 3-hit -> +2, 4-hit +3

Long Sword: 2-hit-> +1, 3-hit -> +3, 4-hit -> +5

Fencing: 2-hit-combo -> +2, 3-hit -> +4, 4-hit -> +8

Axe Attack: 2-hit -> +1, 3-hit -> +2, 4-hit +3

Battle Hammer: there is no combo-bonus.

Staff Attack: 2-hit -> +1, 3-hit -> +2, 4-hit +3

The combo numbers not mentioned don't give a combo-bonus.

NOTE: This is NEMESIS CODE-CONFIRMED, the previous explenation is how it used to be long ago in HB (v2.20)

Old topic, but not an unimportant topic, MagicJoker (MJ[GM]) digged up the topic and told me I was wrong.

After long discussusion, he indeed is correct that I am wrong.

What explained prevesously in my last post:

is correct, yet was I stated in the past, that "for every combo you make you gain your CAD", that's not true for nemesis.

Let's take Staff as an example:

Knowing from the previous topic:

Conclusion regarding CAD:

0 combo -> 0 bonus damage

1 combo -> 0 bonus damage

2 combo -> 1 bonus damage + CAD (if CAD 7 -> 8 bonus damage)

3 combo -> 2 bonus damage + CAD (if CAD 7 -> 9 bonus damage)

4 combo -> 3 bonus damage + CAD (if CAD 7 -> 10 bonus damage)

5 combo -> turns into 1 combo again

Final Conclusion on this topic:

CAD is added ONCE, and only ONCE as a damage bonus to your hit IF the combo is 2, 3 or 4.

And on top of the CAD bonus, you gain a minor bonus depending on the combo count and weapon's type (bonuses posted in the prev post)

Old topic, but not an unimportant topic, MagicJoker (MJ[GM]) digged up the topic and told me I was wrong.

After long discussusion, he indeed is correct that I am wrong.

What explained prevesously in my last post:

is correct, yet was I stated in the past, that "for every combo you make you gain your CAD", that's not true for nemesis.

Let's take Staff as an example:

Knowing from the previous topic:

Conclusion regarding CAD:

0 combo -> 0 bonus damage

1 combo -> 0 bonus damage

2 combo -> 1 bonus damage + CAD (if CAD 7 -> 8 bonus damage)

3 combo -> 2 bonus damage + CAD (if CAD 7 -> 9 bonus damage)

4 combo -> 3 bonus damage + CAD (if CAD 7 -> 10 bonus damage)

5 combo -> turns into 1 combo again

Final Conclusion on this topic:

CAD is added ONCE, and only ONCE as a damage bonus to your hit IF the combo is 2, 3 or 4.

And on top of the CAD bonus, you gain a minor bonus depending on the combo count and weapon's type (bonuses posted in the prev post)

Longsword bonus rockz!, an anc GiS rep7 would rock it!